Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 33
« First < 6141516 171826 > Last »
Sports>Packer fan thoughts
icehog3 11:31 PM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Thank you Stephen, that's pretty much the rule I was referring too. I hate it when people cut out parts of rules to try to make their point. Shame on you mkarnold1... that's all I can say.
Yeah, no milk and cookies for you. :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:35 PM 09-24-2012
Can we give him a pointy hat?
[Reply]
massphatness 05:21 AM 09-25-2012
As a fan of the game, and without a rooting interest in the outcome of this one, that was horrible.
[Reply]
Stephen 05:37 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Yeah, no milk and cookies for you. :-)
Wait...You guys hand out milk and cookies?
[Reply]
14holestogie 06:34 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by massphatness:
As a fan of the game, and without a rooting interest in the outcome of this one, that was horrible.
I did have a rooting interest in this one, but all I can say is, if any Seahawks fans feel good about this "win", then you have absolutely no b*tch on any calls that go blatantly against you in the future. You may be a Seahawk fan, but your respect for the game is MIA. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:37 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Wait...You guys hand out milk and cookies?
Only to the children. :-)
[Reply]
King James 07:17 AM 09-25-2012
I'd be interested to see if Russell Wilson and Golden Tate are as confident in their interviews this week about the call as they were in post game. At least Pete Carroll seemed to be saying that the call is what the refs say it is, versus the players saying, slightly arrogantly, that it was without a doubt a catch and there was no pass interference. Not that I expect them to come out and say that the play was called wrong, but maybe take a different approach in answering.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 07:26 AM 09-25-2012
I've heard many commentators predict that, at some point, the replacement refs were going to cost someone a game... This is not, however, the first game in the history of the NFL to be decided by a blown call nor will it be the last. Blatant, yes. Unfortunate, yes. Unfair, maybe. The fact of the matter is, the Packers did not play well and left themselves at the mercy of the blown call.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:42 AM 09-25-2012
Sh!t like last night is the reason I'm watching less and less NFL and NBA games. How can you watch a sport with such consistant bad calls? It's really annoying, add that to the general change of how the game is played and called, it's getting hard for me to watch. I feel bad for the Packers and the fans, this coming from a life long Chicago Bears fan..
[Reply]
Gophernut 07:45 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I feel bad for the Packers and the fans, this coming from a lifetime Chicago Bears fan..
X2. With the only change being that I am a life long Vikings fan...
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:49 AM 09-25-2012
Funny thing about the NFL, they DON'T care! NFL drags in sooo much money, people aren't going to stop watching games. They know that so why should they care about what's going on? It's going to get worse, trust me:-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 07:52 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
I've heard many commentators predict that, at some point, the replacement refs were going to cost someone a game... This is not, however, the first game in the history of the NFL to be decided by a blown call nor will it be the last. Blatant, yes. Unfortunate, yes. Unfair, maybe. The fact of the matter is, the Packers did not play well and left themselves at the mercy of the blown call.
The Packers played good enough to win, and did in virtually everyone's eyes.

Did the officials officiate well enough to continue to be employed? Virtually everyone also agrees they did not.

Maybe it hasn't cost your team anything yet, but odds are it's going to if the NFL insists on using these replacement officials through the season.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 07:56 AM 09-25-2012
Didn't mean I don't sympathize. Sure they played well enough to win, but they also played poorly enough to lose. I'd be pissed if it happened to my team and at work last night actually was sympathetic to the many Packers fans I work with instead of rubbing salt in the wound like I would have expected a Vikes fan to do.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:02 AM 09-25-2012
Funneh
Attached: 408214_4516881399662_1892823756_n.jpg (106.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Stephen 08:07 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Sh!t like last night is the reason I'm watching less and less NFL and NBA games. How can you watch a sport with such consistant bad calls? It's really annoying, add that to the general change of how the game is played and called, it's getting hard for me to watch. I feel bad for the Packers and the fans, this coming from a life long Chicago Bears fan..
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
X2. With the only change being that I am a life long Vikings fan...
You know it's bad when Vikings and Bears fans unite and say that the Packers got hosed. Surely this is a sign of the Apocalypse. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:14 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
You know it's bad when Vikings and Bears fans unite and say that the Packers got hosed. Surely this is a sign of the Apocalypse. :-)
Could have been any team:-) I'm just getting sick and tired of bad calls, it's not like the past 5 years has had the best officials either.. With rule changes, and just stupid refs, I'll get behind any team to rip the league:-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 09:31 AM 09-25-2012
I found this picture online this morning. Best image yet showing Tate never even had his hand on the ball.

This is apparently "Joint Possession" at it's finest. Bad calls happen all the time. This was the most obvious bad call tho, that's why it's getting so much attention.

Check the pic:
http://twitpic.com/ay40m6
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:34 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I found this picture online this morning. Best image yet showing Tate never even had his hand on the ball.

This is apparently "Joint Possession" at it's finest. Bad calls happen all the time. This was the most obvious bad call tho, that's why it's getting so much attention.

Check the pic:
http://twitpic.com/ay40m6
It's getting much more attention because of the replacement refs. If the regular refs had made the call people still would have been pissed off, but it would have been much less of an incident overall. Just my :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:09 AM 09-25-2012
Up until that td crap at the end, the Seahawks were showing they had some badass game. (...albeit no offense, may they burn in hell for sitting Matt Flynn and going with Russell Wilson.)
Green Bay had just turned things around and made a real contest out of the game.
This was a damned good Monday Night Football game, period.
Then the blown rape call.
Then the blown mugging call in the endzone.
Then the blown td call.
That's 3 huge misses in a row that went against GB, and they cost them the game. All 3 clearly because the refs sucked horribly.
I'm not a guy that ever complains about refs, win or lose, and always say that my team should play better to overcome a bad call, because they are part of the game.
That last drive looked like they were paid, plain and simple. It was so pathetic and so obvious and so unnecessary. It made a mockery of the game, and to my thinking, the high and mighty standing of Goodell and the NFL.
(I watched an interview where Goodell completely dismissed the refs and flat out said they could have a better product on the field in 3 weeks. That was well over a month ago. I wanted to punch his smarmy mouth then, and far more now.)
Rant aside, my point was that the refs ruined what was a damed good Monday Night Game. A hard fought, well coached game that had a good bit of twist and drama. Instead of any talk about how good a game it was, all we talk about is the suck refs.
It's like the NFL has no desire to be anything better than Jerry Springer.
Perhaps they think we're all just that stupid, and that's what we want?
[Reply]
Gophernut 10:19 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
It's like the NFL has no desire to be anything better than Jerry Springer.
Perhaps they think we're all just that stupid, and that's what we want?
I think the NFL is so arrogant that they think that no matter what happens, all us sheep will continue to attend games, and watch on TV. As much as it bothers me what is going on with the ref's, will it make me stop watching my team? No. Will it make me watch something else if my team isn't involved? Maybe. What will it take to get this situation fixed? If this isn't impetus enough to get it moving then I don't know what will. Will we still be crabbing about this in the playoffs? I sure hope not.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 33
« First < 6141516 171826 > Last »
Up