Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 264 of 285
« First < 164214254262263264 265266274 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>I had a great cigar today thanks to......
AdamJoshua 08:36 PM 01-12-2017
I killed this thread so I'll bring it back.

'96 Los Statos de Luxe Brevas, from Goatlicker about a year ago.

'99 Le Hoyo du Roi birthday cigar from the gardener, thanks Pete!

'14/15 or so el Principe from Larry, thanks Larry!
[Reply]
pnoon 08:54 PM 01-12-2017
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I killed this thread so I'll bring it back.

'96 Los Statos de Luxe Brevas, from Goatlicker about a year ago.

'99 Le Hoyo du Roi birthday cigar from the gardener, thanks Pete!

'14/15 or so el Principe from Larry, thanks Larry!
I thought Bahb was the gardener. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:02 PM 01-12-2017
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I thought Bahb was the gardener. :-)
No that's literally the gardener, you are figuratively the gardener. Wait strike that, reverse it. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:38 PM 01-12-2017
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
No that's literally the gardener, you are figuratively the gardener. Wait strike that, reverse it. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 07:10 AM 01-24-2017
mk05 for an unbanded 09 Party D4 he gifted me for a blind tasting opinion.
[Reply]
Thegreek 01:43 PM 02-08-2017
08 VR #2 from Deem. Really hit the spot and them some!

Thanks, bro!
[Reply]
Thegreek 06:08 PM 02-11-2017
14 CoRo from, Mark, another BOTL who has made my landing in CA is a soft and pleasurable one.

Thanks, brother!~
[Reply]
afranco 10:32 PM 03-04-2017
Thanks a bunch weelock, my first and definitely not my last. Very tasty guy till the end
Attached: IMG_1511.jpg (95.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Weelok 11:23 AM 03-05-2017
Originally Posted by afranco:
Thanks a bunch weelock, my first and definitely not my last. Very tasty guy till the end
Your welcome and It's been a while since I smoked one so that is my cigar for today :-) so many good cigars and just not enough time.
[Reply]
Weelok 03:12 AM 03-16-2017
Viaje Green Zombie
Cigar gifted by afranco and thanks!!!

Paired beverage is pure clean tap water.
Cut is a straight cut from my original release Palio that I recently cleaned.

Pre-clip – a wonderful aroma of good fresh tobacco and that nice barnyard manure aroma that tells me this is good Nicaraguan tobacco.

Cold draw – a bit milder then I expected but I get that basic Nicaragua flavor but it's not lit.

First light – oh nice. A very atypical sweetness mixed with wood and some hints of pepper and a lingering acidic tang which I find very pleasant. It's not tannic but more of a pepper bite and tingles my tongue like a wood flavored hot sauce with some chocolate and coffee. Hmmm, Mexican Coffee? I jest but really this is wonderful.

Resting aroma – typical AGANORSA leaf wood and a nice mild resting smoke. Personally this aroma is not too strong and I get sweet smoke that tickles my nose but very pleasant. I do smell that strong burned wood occasionally that reminds me of the remnants of an outdoor fire pit.

I'm just past the nipple and I would say this cigar is in the medium-full range but very smooth with an oily lingering finish of sweet cedar. Time to smoke an inch or so and see how this cigar progresses.

A little over an inch in and the strength ticked down a bit but still medium full. The flavor is a sweet cedar with a sweet tannic pepper bite. The smoke volume is great and the draw perfect. The finish is a sweet tannic tea that covers the mouth lingering for quite a while.

I just read the Half Wheel review on this cigar and I would say we are tracking although I don't get any leather and my ash held on until I asked it at an inch and a half. This cigar appears to be a 2014 release so it's probably better dried out as Viajes in those years were often delivered wet and required some resting time to dry out evenly. This cigar is smoking perfect right now. ( http://halfwheel.com/review-viaje-zombie-green ). He says the blend has Criollo and that explains the peppery cedar but it's a milder Criollo then I tend to taste from Aganorsa farms so it's just part of the blend I would say or the ring gauge is tempering it down a bit.

About half way and I would say the flavors are changing up a bit to become a sweet leather with a mild charred cedar flavor. The tannic bite has become a leather flavor and to me the cigar has become more balanced now as the strength notches back up into the higher side of medium full. There is some vitamin N being detected but I'm not too sensitive to it so it's hard for me to tell but it seems probable as the strength did kick up a bit. This is a a sweet spot for the cigar. Time to ash and try to remove the band without butchering the extraction so it looks pretty.

I'm about where the band was and it's a sweet charred wood with a finish of wood and leather. The strength is now at the top end of medium full and the finish is long.

This is where I will post the review and pictures while I sit and enjoy the last inch. This is a wonderful cigar but I would be careful on the beverage pairing as the flavors would be overpower by an IPA but would probably pair nicely with some Cognac.

[Reply]
Weelok 03:20 AM 03-16-2017
Oh, smoking time is about two and a half hours as I smoked it to a half inch left. It ends at the bottom end of full with a charred sweet cedar flavor and a long finish of charred cedar.
[Reply]
afranco 08:53 AM 03-16-2017
Glad you liked Dave, Gona let the others rest a bit more see if the profiles change
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:33 PM 03-17-2017
...afranco, a Viaje Zombie Antidote. Very tasty, my friend!
[Reply]
afranco 05:38 PM 03-17-2017
Glad you enjoyed it !!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:45 AM 03-18-2017
.....heyferg! A delicious Bolivar Belicoso Fino Larry gifted me in the MAW. Thanks, Larry! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:36 PM 03-20-2017
....heyferg again! '14 Cohiba Robustos Supremos EL. Very smooth and interesting cigar that should shine with some more age. Thanks, Larry! :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:42 PM 04-09-2017
...the February cigar lottery, a Tatuaje 2015 TAA.
[Reply]
pnoon 05:26 PM 04-13-2017
Enjoying a 2009 Siglo IV from jrw.
Thank you again.
[Reply]
afranco 10:34 AM 04-14-2017
Gifted from Weelock

Fratello the Boxer

Amazing cigar, rich chocolate flavors, expresso, lots of earth. Very smooth smoke all the way to the nub. Thanks Dave for this great smoke I see a box purchase in the future
Attached: IMG_1658.jpg (70.6 KB) 
[Reply]
massphatness 06:36 AM 04-16-2017
PartagasIV for my first ever Punch 48, the cigar that passes for a small gauge offering from Habanos these days. Pleasant smoke. Thanks again, Jamie!
[Reply]
Page 264 of 285
« First < 164214254262263264 265266274 > Last »
Up