Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Health and Fitness>2015 Fitness Goals
swingerofbirches 04:03 PM 12-30-2014
What are everyone's fitness goals for 2015?
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:53 PM 12-30-2014
To be better than 2014...
[Reply]
Rockestone 05:01 PM 12-30-2014
Keep doing what I'm doing. Working out every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday morning. I could lose about 10 more pounds and I would be happy.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:01 PM 12-30-2014
Not to be fat.
[Reply]
swingerofbirches 05:02 PM 12-30-2014
When I started my weight loss journey I was 344. I'm bouncing around 280 these days. I'd love to be down in the sub-210 range by the end of the year.

I'd like to gain strength and size, lose weight and inches ... generally I'd like to look like an athlete again, like I did before I lost my way and let my fitness get so out of control.

I don't suppose that I have specific lifting goals ... i'm not shooting to bench 300 or anything; just to get as strong as possible and look as well rounded as possible.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:03 PM 12-30-2014
Kettlebells, biking, and eat more raw greens. Pretty simple just can't loose ground on the weekends. Last couple months I seem slip on the weekends.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:27 PM 12-30-2014
Either a duathlon or sprint tri.
[Reply]
shilala 06:26 PM 12-30-2014
I hope to get older by not dying. That's about it.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:09 PM 12-30-2014
To be the strongest man in the world.
[Reply]
hammondc 09:48 AM 01-03-2015
Now that I am pretty much healed from an achilles injury and 2 shoulder injuries, I am planning a lot. First is dropping from 190LB to 160LB.

Starting yesterday, I am drying out for January. ZERO alcohol. I am hoping to drop the first 10 LB by Jan 31.

After that, it is upping my miles running and cycling.....A few Sprint Tris, a couple Olympics and MAYBE a half IronMan.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:27 AM 01-19-2015
Halfway on my January goal. weighed in at 185.8 on Saturday. Will have to hit it HARD this week and next week to drop another 5.8
[Reply]
RWhisenand 06:16 PM 02-01-2015
Good luck Chip,

For myself, I need to keep on the plan I had going the second half of 2014, until I tore my MCL this last November. Last trip to the Orthopedic he said I can test the waters with my repaired knee. This weekend I hit the mountain bike hard, and if my new braces get here by next weekend, maybe I'll get in some Moto for a workout. I've avoided numeric goals, like a particular amout of weight loss, or bike miles, just want to be over all healthy for sports and active.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:26 AM 02-02-2015
More consistency in going to the gym, riding my bike more often. Just bought a new set of bib shorts, so I have no excuse now! I'd like to get a light work laptop to making riding to work more doable.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:45 AM 02-02-2015
Originally Posted by RWhisenand:
Good luck Chip,

For myself, I need to keep on the plan I had going the second half of 2014, until I tore my MCL this last November. Last trip to the Orthopedic he said I can test the waters with my repaired knee. This weekend I hit the mountain bike hard, and if my new braces get here by next weekend, maybe I'll get in some Moto for a workout. I've avoided numeric goals, like a particular amout of weight loss, or bike miles, just want to be over all healthy for sports and active.
I hear you. Injuries suck. You know that the doctor is right and you have to stop, but it is no fun.

Anywho, I am down to 183.5. Swimming is coming back, finally. Will be registering for triathlons soon. Several sprints, a few olympics and MAYBE a half Iron.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 07:35 AM 02-02-2015
Good for you! My wife did her first sprint tri last year. Loved it. Keep us posted on your progress.

Moses, love to hear about your biking too.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:24 PM 02-02-2015

Moses, love to hear about your biking too.
Foot plus of snow and zero degree weather. Haven't ridden in a while. Was out of the country for over a month didn't help either... Been doing Spin classes weekly, but that is just not the same.

New bib's are wicked though. Really helps show how well my current pair has aged. Good sales on summer clothes right now that warranted the off season purchase.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 11:08 PM 02-02-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Foot plus of snow and zero degree weather. Haven't ridden in a while. Was out of the country for over a month didn't help either... Been doing Spin classes weekly, but that is just not the same.

New bib's are wicked though. Really helps show how well my current pair has aged. Good sales on summer clothes right now that warranted the off season purchase.
Are bibs a big improvement over regular bike shorts? My wife road bikes as training for tri's and I usually like to get her cool gear. I'm not too into road riding though and don't have any first hand knowledge on road gear.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 12:04 AM 02-03-2015
I just want to see abs, which for me means getting down to about 185-ish.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:22 AM 02-03-2015
Are bibs a big improvement over regular bike shorts? My wife road bikes as training for tri's and I usually like to get her cool gear. I'm not too into road riding though and don't have any first hand knowledge on road gear.
Bibs are the only way to go; not even a debate on this. You look at serious cyclists or pro's and not one of them wear shorts; all bib shorts. The Assos pair I bought actually feel weird when worn and standing up. They are designed to "snap" in place when in a riding position. Excel sports had them for like $180 delivered which was a fantastic deal. Assos will out live other brands like 4 to 1; well worth the cost or even cheaper in the longer run.

The only reason I could see staying with shorts if she was running in the shorts after the cycling and did not want to change between stages. I guess that would depend on the length of each stage, but I'd assume changing gear between that stage is like 20 seconds max?
[Reply]
hammondc 06:32 AM 02-03-2015
Plus one on bibs.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up