Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Sports>Let's talk balls....GOLF balls
GreekGodX 12:34 PM 08-16-2010
Unless you are a 10 or below handicap the ball really doesn't make that much of a difference. I would say for as long as you are using the same ball for every round that should be good enough, regardless of what it is. I always stick with the Nike Platinum tour balls because I get them for around $20/dozen during the golf shows in Michigan.
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:35 PM 08-16-2010
I buy & use whatever golf balls Tim (14holestogie) is selling...
[Reply]
azcards83 12:55 PM 08-16-2010
Used to play Pro V1s but have just recently switched to TM Pentas, noticed a small distance loss w/ the driver but love the great feel they have. That and the golf course I work on has them in the pro shop for much cheaper than the Pro V's w/ my employee discount lol
[Reply]
Giants85 01:22 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by E.J.:
IMO, of course the $45 a box balls feel better.... But in the end, I play better hitting Bridgestone e6's....
I love the e6, great ball for the mid to high handicapper IMO. To be honest, I think a lot of ppl that play the V1s, and other expensive 3 piece balls, are only playing them because of their name. When in reality they do not have the swing speed or consistency to be able to play this ball and it may even hurt their game over a cheaper but more forgiving ball.
[Reply]
Cenookie 02:51 PM 08-16-2010
I used to play the Pro V1, but during a round with a friend asked to try a Noodle LS that he played with. That was a couple years ago, I'll never spend the money on Pro V1's again.
[Reply]
drob 03:03 PM 08-16-2010
NXT Tour - does everything a more expensive ball does, IMO.
[Reply]
Kreth 03:11 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by drob:
NXT Tour - does everything a more expensive ball does, IMO.
Yeah, NXT Tours are pretty good. Someone on my home course keeps losing them, so I've had a chance to play quite a few. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bigliver 09:28 PM 08-20-2010
Usually like to go with the Titleist ProV1X, but have been trying the Taylormade Penta recently. When I spend too much on cigars, I'll go with a Bridgestone or Nike.
[Reply]
bigdix 09:57 PM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by bigliver:
Usually like to go with the Titleist ProV1X, but have been trying the Taylormade Penta recently. When I spend too much on cigars, I'll go with a Bridgestone or Nike.
+1 on the Bridgestone and Nike for a less expensive ball. My regular though is an NXT Extreme. You were spot on to know that without a rediculously high swing speed (like bigliver) you WON'T reap the benefits of that golfball. Not only that, but that great feel on the green means a softer cover. If you're like me you hit trees and the occasional cartpath, and that eats up a golfball. :-)
[Reply]
bigliver 06:11 AM 08-22-2010
Shot another round with the Penta over the weekend. I'm going back to the ProV1X. I didn't have any noticeable loss in distance, but the feel is just not what I am used to, especially off the putter.
[Reply]
longknocker 09:14 AM 08-22-2010
Shot another round with the Penta over the weekend. I'm going back to the ProV1X. I didn't have any noticeable loss in distance, but the feel is just not what I am used to, especially off the putter.
Played The Big Bertha Diablo Yesterday. Great Distance & Adequate Spin For Around $25/ Dozen!:-) Has Basically The Same Dimple Design As The Callaway Tour Balls But Slightly Less Spin According To My Head Pro.
[Reply]
VTDragon 02:06 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
Check out the TopFlite Gamer V2. It's a great all around ball. They can be had for less than $20/doz. and can get the job done.
:-) Tried them last year and haven't looked back - great ball. This technology is part of the reason Callaway bought Top Flight.
[Reply]
OpusEx 08:51 AM 11-26-2010
Played the Bridgestone E6's most of the past season. Up until this year I was still losing too many balls on a regular basis to be spending the extra $ on the upper tier Bridgestone balls.

Got a great deal on the B330 RX's and bought 5 boxes recently though.
[Reply]
bobarian 10:07 AM 11-26-2010
You guys should know that balls you buy from a ProShop are better than ones you get online. Well known fact. :-)
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 10:17 AM 11-26-2010
Bridgestone e7 lately
[Reply]
Sled Dog 09:13 AM 11-29-2010
I like the Maxfli Black Max. I rely more on distance than spin control, and these babies fly. The Pro V is a good all around ball, and great in tight, but if you're not spinning your wedges back with regularity, then you are just paying for the name. Like someone else said earlier, if you're not under a 10 handicap, then don't worry about spending big $$ on the ball.
[Reply]
mikethegoalie32 09:22 AM 11-30-2010
Whatever has the best discount as I lose em all anyways.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:21 PM 09-22-2015
I thought it was time to revive this old thread regarding golf balls...

For the last couple of months, I've been subscribing to email specials from the following:

http://www.knetgolf.com/clearance.ht..._hsmi=22246094

They appear to have a good selection of golf balls. I haven't made any purchases at this point, but thought I'd throw it out there to see if any of you have, and if so, how is the customer service and quality of product?
[Reply]
E.J. 08:55 PM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by E.J.:
IMO, of course the $45 a box balls feel better.... But in the end, I play better hitting Bridgestone e6's....
....and I'm still playing e6's.

Played in a men's league this year, it was fun playing that consistent(minimum 1 time weekly).
[Reply]
longknocker 04:02 AM 09-23-2015
Callaway Supersoft Yellow, My "New Ball"!:-)
http://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-bal...ft-yellow.html
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up