Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Real men
RevSmoke 07:34 PM 05-10-2020
Friends, I remember this man well. He became a friend after he signed this picture as I got to know him as just another guy... He loved his cigars too. I finally decided to frame up this picture...
...from a couple, two -to- three years ago.

This is when athletes did it for the love of the game, and signed things for love love of people...

Now... I cannot help but believe that too often, it is all about the $$$...

Hmm, need convincing? How many athletes today go and offer up their services/their time/their presence "to the highest bidder", with the proceeds going to charity. Who gets their "generosity"? The highest bidder, the one with the most money!

How about this... They have millions, how about letting people sign up (one time each) to win the "prize" and giving $20K, $200K, or eve $2mil to the charity... Or even offering matching funds *AND* their "prize"?

But what do I know.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

PS By the way, this man gave me 4 tickets to bring buddies up from college to go to the '83 playoff game -vs- Cardinals. Why? Other than the fact that I called him up and said that I had a couple buddies who had never been to Lambeau - who were from Chicago and Minnesota and were Packer fans - wanted to go to the game... and our family only had 2 tickets.
[Reply]
markem 07:39 PM 05-10-2020
Very nice. A most excellent gift.

At first, I thought it was a pic of Woody Harrelson.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:33 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by markem:
Very nice. A most excellent gift.

At first, I thought it was a pic of Woody Harrelson.
You and me both!

Very cool gift, Rev. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 08:58 PM 05-10-2020
Ray and Bart were my guys back in the day.
[Reply]
Snook 09:53 PM 05-10-2020
Priceless. Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:30 AM 05-11-2020
I remember him well as a player. Fans of the Black and Blue Central were blessed in those days to have Nitschke, Dick Butkus and Alex Karras all dominating the middle. Great time for football, and sounds like Ray was a Helluva guy, Todd....no blaspheme intended. :-)
[Reply]
Up