Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Max von Sydow, Star of 'The Seventh Seal' and 'The Exorcist,' Dies
CigarNut 10:50 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by :
The acclaimed Swedish actor, who played the Three-Eyed Raven on HBO's 'Game of Thrones,' earned two Oscar nominations and starred in 11 films directed by countryman Ingmar Bergman.

Max von Sydow, the legend of Swedish cinema who dueled with Death in a game of chess in Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal and portrayed the resolute Father Merrin in William Friedkin's The Exorcist (1973), has died. He was 90.

Von Sydow, who starred in 11 films directed by Bergman, typically playing a tormented protagonist, died Sunday at his home in Provence, France.

"It's with a broken heart and with infinite sadness that we have the extreme pain of announcing the departure of Max Von Sydow on March 8, 2020," his wife, French documentary filmmaker and producer Catherine von Sydow, said Monday.
He was a great actor and has left a great legacy in film.

May He Rest In Peace.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:30 AM 03-09-2020
Love his work. Could play the perfect baddie.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:39 PM 03-09-2020
Was saddened when I saw this. He was a great actor.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:35 PM 03-09-2020
Enjoyed his work immensely but will always remember seeing him as a kid as Father Merrin.
[Reply]
jasonvoo2019 12:15 AM 05-25-2020
Hi fellas! I think, there is very interesting and useful post! I am a learner of the UEN university and for me the best way to write my assignments is to use this online https://bestbraisedchitlins.com/ service that I have found a few months ago via web searching. I no longer strain when I get writing tasks in the form of essay papers and instantly go for help to professional authors to make an order. I can say, this greatly facilitates my student life. I can advice this great writing company for every pupil, who needs help, like me!
[Reply]
Brian D. 06:22 AM 05-25-2020
So Jason, do you like movies about gladiators? :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:26 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
So Jason, do you like movies about gladiators? :-)
Or ever been in a Turkish prison?
[Reply]
Up