Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Foghat - and then there was 1.
icehog3 09:56 AM 02-11-2018
I was watching some old videos on YouTube, and happened on Foghat's website. I saw that original bassist Craig Macgregor died on Friday, joining Lonesome Dave Peverett (singer) and Rod Price (lead guitar) in Heaven. They were my very first rock concert in 1978, and Macgregor made quite the impression on a 15 year old rock fan.

R.I.P., Craig, have a good jam with Dave and Rod.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:44 AM 02-11-2018
May He Rest In Peace.
[Reply]
dijit 11:56 AM 02-11-2018
That was my first concert too! travelling with BOC in Indy. Shame to hear! RIP
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 02:31 PM 02-11-2018
RIP. Lots of my favorite 70s bands are no more.
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:36 PM 02-11-2018
An interesting aside: Foghat is going to be in concert in the spring at Epcot. I’m gong to try to get tickets!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:19 PM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
An interesting aside: Foghat is going to be in concert in the spring at Epcot. I’m gong to try to get tickets!
Well ya, but not at Epcot. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:29 PM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Well ya, but not at Epcot. :-)
Yep. At Epcot. April 6 & 7.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:12 PM 02-11-2018
I guess we don't realize that these icons of our youth are not immortal! Kinda slaps you in the face when you realize these guys weren't that much older than you! Glad I decided to see as many of my fav bands from the 70s and 80s as possible before they are all gone!
[Reply]
icehog3 05:50 AM 02-12-2018
Roger Earl (drummer) is the only original member left. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:39 AM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Roger Earl (drummer) is the only original member left. :-)
Right — kinda makes me wonder what kind of show “they” can put on and how it will sound. Concert is free, so I may check it out if I can.
[Reply]
dave 01:36 PM 02-12-2018
Wow...I also saw them in '78....not my first concert, but in my first dozen or so. Wet Willie and Starz were on the undercard. As great as they were, I might have been as impressed with Starz. IIRC, Foghat was debuting a couple Stone Blue tracks. May not have been their biggest hit, but I do remember being blown away by Drivin Wheel.

RIP
[Reply]
icehog3 03:00 PM 02-12-2018
Right — kinda makes me wonder what kind of show “they” can put on and how it will sound. Concert is free, so I may check it out if I can.
Like a 70's cover band with a professional drummer. 'cause that's what they are. :-)

Originally Posted by dave:
Wow...I also saw them in '78....not my first concert, but in my first dozen or so. Wet Willie and Starz were on the undercard. As great as they were, I might have been as impressed with Starz. IIRC, Foghat was debuting a couple Stone Blue tracks. May not have been their biggest hit, but I do remember being blown away by Drivin Wheel.

RIP
My first "rock" concert, I grew up a Motown baby, Dave. Driving Wheel is my favorite Foghat song too, Rod's slide on that one is just amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApQhoNW6PXk

No chance I was impressed by the warm up band at the show I attended. The Hounds. Man, did they suck the big one. :-)
[Reply]
Up