Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Tower Cabinet Humidor
zmancbr 11:21 AM 02-10-2009
I had a PM from someone asking where these are sold and at what prices so I thought I would add that to this thread so everyone can benefit from that info.

cheaphumidors.com sells them for $599.99 plus $200 shipping. There is a 10% off coupon code that knocks the price of the humi down to $539.99 I can't remember if that includes 10% off the shipping or just the humidor. The code for that is KOMP-QSA1HQ !

This place that was already mentioned above is cigarbid.com. They allow you to bid on them and its not uncommon to see them go for $400-$450 plus shipping. The key on that site is to be patient and not bid over a certain amount. Sometimes people get crazy with the bidding and pay more than if they just bought it off of cigarsinternational.com

An example of over bidding is the hygrometer I was looking at last night. It was one of the humi care digital adjustable blue ones that goes for $19.99 on CI and you can use free shipping codes. Well someone tool was bidding them up to $22 on CBID plus $3.95 shipping... why would you pay $7 more for something when you don't have to?

Hope that helps... and if other people have some cheap good places to get them feel free to chime in and help the S/BOTLs save some cash so they can buy more cigars! :-)

Zach
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:22 AM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by DBall:
Yeah, I have one... I like it a lot, no complaints (the drawers hold around 50 or so smokes each... it's insane how big they are).

EDIT - Oh, a pro of it is that you can remove the trays with the dividers and just use the shelf... I really like that. Here's a pic (it's old, so it's got more stuff in it now, but still):

Dan,

That is just sick I tell ya! I love how organized you have it! I am the same way with mine. When I get home from work I might have to snap some pics and post them. :-)
[Reply]
DBall 11:27 AM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Dan,

That is just sick I tell ya! I love how organized you have it! I am the same way with mine. When I get home from work I might have to snap some pics and post them. :-)
Perhaps I should snap an updated pic of mine too.........it looks empty in this pic compared to how it actually is these days

:-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:29 AM 02-10-2009
Perhaps I should snap an updated pic of mine too.........it looks empty in this pic compared to how it actually is these days

:-)
I definitely think you should! I love to see humidors being filled to the brim. :-)
[Reply]
Cigarcop 01:33 PM 02-10-2009
Dan,

Yeah take some pictures already would yah Zach :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 01:38 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
Yeah take some pictures already would yah Zach :-)
:-):-) I think I might just have to do that...:-)

Of course if I waited just another week or two, it might be a better pic... I might have a second cabinet and that would be awesome.... of course my gf might kill me when I bring it home in which case I may not get any pics posted... :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:48 PM 02-10-2009
I have one very similar to that one, the Verona. It is almost identical to the drawers and the shelves. I like the drawers for singles, seperate mine into marcas or countries (Oliva, cuban singles, RP, PAM/PAN, etc.). Mine is solid with just beads, about two pounds or so, takes a long time to become steady though (ask BengalMan :-)). As stated, the Devil is the best bet for getting something like that the cheapest, got mine for around $450 to my door, but with tax refunds you might want to wait a while :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 02:07 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I have one very similar to that one, the Verona. It is almost identical to the drawers and the shelves. I like the drawers for singles, seperate mine into marcas or countries (Oliva, cuban singles, RP, PAM/PAN, etc.). Mine is solid with just beads, about two pounds or so, takes a long time to become steady though (ask BengalMan :-)). As stated, the Devil is the best bet for getting something like that the cheapest, got mine for around $450 to my door, but with tax refunds you might want to wait a while :-)
Wow... $450 shipped to your door? Now that is a killer deal.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:21 PM 02-10-2009
Wow... $450 shipped to your door? Now that is a killer deal.
Yeah scored it for under $300 on the bidding, took a lot of lost bidding though :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 02:32 PM 02-10-2009
Yeah scored it for under $300 on the bidding, took a lot of lost bidding though :-)
Well yeah I bet lol... that is a killer price... but like I said patience is the name of the game on Cbid! That is awesome to get it so cheap. I have a lead on a local one that he wants $450 for, but I have to go get it...:-) Not a huge deal, but I might do it just for the extra space...
[Reply]
joshpip 02:44 PM 02-10-2009
Thanks again! Dan I would love to see an updated pic and to know how many boxes you have in it.

Pip
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:51 PM 02-10-2009
Well yeah I bet lol... that is a killer price... but like I said patience is the name of the game on Cbid! That is awesome to get it so cheap. I have a lead on a local one that he wants $450 for, but I have to go get it...:-) Not a huge deal, but I might do it just for the extra space...
Not a terrible price if you can pick it up for less than $100 in gas. :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 03:05 PM 02-10-2009
Not a terrible price if you can pick it up for less than $100 in gas. :-)
Yeah it wouldn't be more than $20ish in gas cuz its only about 45 miles away from me... Just need to bribe my friend into helping me... the good news is I have enough cigars to bribe him... :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:06 PM 02-10-2009
Yeah it wouldn't be more than $20ish in gas cuz its only about 45 miles away from me... Just need to bribe my friend into helping me... the good news is I have enough cigars to bribe him... :-)
Where was this cabinet again? :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 03:12 PM 02-10-2009
Where was this cabinet again? :-)
Its in Greeley Colorado.... :-) If you wanna come get it, that would save me from being executed by my gf... :-)

I tried to get some of the FRHs to buy it and save me... but no one would help me out...:-)

It is listed on craigslist and I have been emailing the guy for a few weeks trying to decided what to do...
[Reply]
DBall 03:12 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by joshpip:
Thanks again! Dan I would love to see an updated pic and to know how many boxes you have in it.

Pip
It holds a lot... in the pic on there, there's 36 boxes on the top shelves alone (above the drawers). I'f I had to guess now there's a few more than 40 and still a good amount of room left.
[Reply]
zmancbr 03:17 PM 02-10-2009
It holds a lot... in the pic on there, there's 36 boxes on the top shelves alone (above the drawers). I'f I had to guess now there's a few more than 40 and still a good amount of room left.
Yeah it holds a LOT of cigars... I have quite a few in it and there is still room for more. My guess at the amount you could safely fit is around 2500 sticks.
[Reply]
BengalMan 03:29 PM 02-10-2009
Like Adam said, I too have the Verona. It does take a while to humidify, but once it's up and running, it's rock solid. I got mine for $489 shipped to my door. Just gotta watch em on C-Bid and snipe it when it's low.
[Reply]
ca21455 05:24 PM 02-10-2009
I have one from Cheaphumidors, and love it. Their service was great. Shipping was $200 which is a bit steep but it arrived in perfect condition.

My only complaint is the storage capacity is only good for about a year, then you have to build a walk-in. :-)
[Reply]
ToddziLLa 05:34 PM 02-10-2009
Josh -

John and I went to a guy in New Albany last year when he was interested in buying a custom humi. Guy seemed to know his stuff, you may want to call John and take a trip out there with him sometime soon. Also, if you order one online and need some help shipping, call, PM, or email me.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up