Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Tower Cabinet Humidor
joshpip 08:18 PM 02-09-2009
Does anyone have one of these? If so, how is the quality? What are some pros and cons? How was shipping handled?

Thank you very much for your help! :-)

Pip

[Reply]
KidRock 08:20 PM 02-09-2009
Dan aka DBall has one. I assume he likes it alot because he has got topshelf stuff in it. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 08:23 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by KidRock:
Dan aka DBall has one. I assume he likes it alot because he has got topshelf stuff in it. :-)
Ratters has one also, he likes it.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:37 PM 02-09-2009
I have a buddy that has two of them. He did do some cutting on the inside to some shelves etc to run wires for Oasis' and to help air flow. Overall they are nice. Shipping on them is usually pretty hefty though.
[Reply]
tobii3 08:44 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by joshpip:
Does anyone have one of these?
ONE?? Nope...but I do know someone that has........

[Reply]
joshpip 08:59 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Might that be you? :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 09:11 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:

Heh, heh we were talking of the same said suspect. Wonder if his ears were ringing?:-):-):-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 09:23 PM 02-09-2009
I have the exact one you have pictured and I couldn't be happier. I was actually thinking of a second one, but decided it would be better to go with a closet humi, so I will go that route with it...

The pros: Lots of room, seals pretty well, doesn't require much maintenance.

The cons: The drawers in the middle bother me a tiny bit... and that's about it...

I have one of the smaller hydras and a pound of beads and it holds rock solid around 64-66%. I don't have to fill the hydra too much unless I am in there a lot like I have been the last couple of weeks... :-)

I got my unit for $800 shipped which is pretty typical... the unit can run around $500-650 at most shops and the shipping is usually $200. Hope that helps :-)
[Reply]
md4958 10:09 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
I have the exact one you have pictured and I couldn't be happier. I was actually thinking of a second one, but decided it would be better to go with a closet humi, so I will go that route with it...

The pros: Lots of room, seals pretty well, doesn't require much maintenance.

The cons: The drawers in the middle bother me a tiny bit... and that's about it...

I have one of the smaller hydras and a pound of beads and it holds rock solid around 64-66%. I don't have to fill the hydra too much unless I am in there a lot like I have been the last couple of weeks... :-)

I got my unit for $800 shipped which is pretty typical... the unit can run around $500-650 at most shops and the shipping is usually $200. Hope that helps :-)

i was actually looking at one of these too... what dont you like about the drawers??
[Reply]
karmaz00 10:11 PM 02-09-2009
i wish
[Reply]
Ratters 10:52 PM 02-09-2009
I have one. I had a Hydra in it but it died. The humidaire works better. Also have about 4 pounds of beads. But I really like it. Keep checking on cbid as they come up fairly often. I've seen them go for under $400. Shipping is expensive but it was pretty hassle free.
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:22 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
i was actually looking at one of these too... what dont you like about the drawers??
Just the location... I kind of wish they were more towards the top or bottom... its only a minor inconvenience... I honestly am 99.9% happy with this humidor and would encourage anyone who is thinking about getting one, to do it! I haven't regretted buying it at all! :-)

I might actually get one without the drawers... There is a guy selling one locally and if I get a decent price I might just grab that one instead of the closet humi for now... :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:23 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
I have one. I had a Hydra in it but it died. The humidaire works better. Also have about 4 pounds of beads. But I really like it. Keep checking on cbid as they come up fairly often. I've seen them go for under $400. Shipping is expensive but it was pretty hassle free.
Nice....under $400 with around $200 shipping would be a sweet deal! :-)
[Reply]
joshpip 06:05 AM 02-10-2009
Thanks guys... Great info! :-)

I just need to pick a vendor and pull the trigger!

Pip
[Reply]
tobii3 08:37 AM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Heh, heh we were talking of the same said suspect. Wonder if his ears were ringing?:-):-):-)
Well, considering he blew my mailbox down the street on Saturday, I know he's smiling!!!!
[Reply]
Parshooter 09:13 AM 02-10-2009
Thanks guys... Great info! :-)

I just need to pick a vendor and pull the trigger!

Pip
Cool, humi filling herf at Pip's :-)
[Reply]
joshpip 10:31 AM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
Cool, humi filling herf at Pip's :-)
Hell yeah... Marc, you bring a bunch of your best stick and we'll put them in my humidor! :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:38 AM 02-10-2009
Hell yeah... Marc, you bring a bunch of your best stick and we'll put them in my humidor! :-)
:-):-) Now that sounds like a good idea... I wish I could get the FRHs to fill mine up for me... :-)
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:45 AM 02-10-2009
The way you've been buying, there won't be any room for my best cigar.
[Reply]
DBall 10:55 AM 02-10-2009
Yeah, I have one... I like it a lot, no complaints (the drawers hold around 50 or so smokes each... it's insane how big they are).

EDIT - Oh, a pro of it is that you can remove the trays with the dividers and just use the shelf... I really like that. Here's a pic (it's old, so it's got more stuff in it now, but still):

[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up