Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Reviews>Thinking about a TOM
morefifemusic 01:42 PM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by Curly Cut:
sounds similar to what frankluke started over on IPC.

if someone picks the tobacco, then they could send out samples to those that volunteer to review. whoever does the best review (in the eyes of the sample provider) gets to choose the next month and they provide the tobacco. <-- something like that...
That's not a bad idea. Negates the need to get people to commit ahead of time. The ones that are motivated will provide decent reviews and are more likely to keep it alive the next month.

I just think picking a baccy that people who want to review may not have and may not want to purchase will limit participation.

I'll cook up some guidelines and get signups. I'll provide the first month and get things rolling. I'll start a new thread with the guidelines this weekend (don't want to steal Nick's thunder). Aim for mid-feb to get things kicked off.

-Tyler
[Reply]
Nick 01:45 PM 01-30-2009
Hey man do what you want. If you want to take over the Tobacco Shake down; it's yours. If you want to start it up as a PIF type of thing that's cool too, you don't have to worry about me I wear steel toe boots.
[Reply]
morefifemusic 02:21 PM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
you don't have to worry about me I wear steel toe boots.
I do worry about that,

I may not be able to step on your toes, but you can kick me where it counts. :-)

Happy :-).

-Tyler
[Reply]
Curly Cut 03:58 PM 01-30-2009
what i posted was just an idea, wasn't well thought out. was just throwing it out there.

i'll help with reviewing when i can.
[Reply]
BigFrank 05:13 PM 01-30-2009
I plan on buying a tin of the Key Largo shortly. Might not be till early 2nd week Feb. I would be more than willing to send some samplers out if need be.
[Reply]
Nick 05:35 PM 01-30-2009
That is a generous offer Frank. The thread will remain open even after february as well so people can keep discussing the blend down the road.
[Reply]
morefifemusic 04:56 PM 01-31-2009
See the new TOM Club here:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...d=1#post207224
[Reply]
morefifemusic 04:56 PM 01-31-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I plan on buying a tin of the Key Largo shortly. Might not be till early 2nd week Feb. I would be more than willing to send some samplers out if need be.
PM Sent.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up