Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Dutch oven breakfasts
livwire68 10:50 AM 03-29-2009
Today I did a mountain man breakfast using hashbrowns, cheese, egg, bell pepper, green onion and ham. I also made a fresh strawberry/ cream cheese baked french toast with homemade syrup. And what breakfast would be complete without some thick cut peppered bacon. I couldnt cook outside on this one, its a bit breezy.

pre-cooked 8" DO

Pre-cooked 10" DO

And finished breakfast
[Reply]
livwire68 10:53 AM 03-29-2009
This is the first one I did, outside with coals. Blueberry/ cream cheese baked french toast. And for the mountain man breakfast was hashbrowns, egg, peppers, onion, shrooms and sausage.
10" DO

Blueberry in a 14" DO

and finished

[Reply]
livwire68 10:57 AM 03-29-2009
Next time I will do a bacon or sausage based mountain man breakfast and a Raspberry/ cream cheese french toast. And after that I plan on a chorizo based mountain man breakfast with apple, cinnimon/ cream cheese baked french toast. Of course I am always open to suggestions.
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:39 AM 03-29-2009
Coy,I'm guessing you use shredded potato's exclusively so you can be sure they cook through?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:44 AM 03-29-2009
Coy, may I suggest you send a courier with an insulated carrier to my house filled with any of that delicious looking stuff?
[Reply]
livwire68 12:02 PM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Coy,I'm guessing you use shredded potato's exclusively so you can be sure they cook through?
Shredded cook a little quicker, but any type can be used (diced, mashed or sliced) I like mine a bit crispy. The reason for this is I put the potato's in the bottom first and cook to about half way or a bit more before adding anything else. I usually stir the potatos and you want to put a pretty heavy layer down because they will shrink, depends on what you want out of the crust. You can also use buttered bread for a crust if not planning on having any other bread based dishes. You would also want to pre-cook sausages or other uncooked meats.

Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Coy, may I suggest you send a courier with an insulated carrier to my house filled with any of that delicious looking stuff?
Only if I can stick myself in the carrier and smoke some cigars when I get there.
[Reply]
Sailchaser 01:53 PM 03-29-2009
my favorite is still dutch greaman apple pancake biscuits, but that breakfast looks dam good:-)
[Reply]
marge796 02:45 PM 03-29-2009
I'm coming over next Sunday for breakfast :-). Say around nine?

Chris

:-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:54 PM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by livwire68:
Shredded cook a little quicker, but any type can be used (diced, mashed or sliced) I like mine a bit crispy. The reason for this is I put the potato's in the bottom first and cook to about half way or a bit more before adding anything else. I usually stir the potatos and you want to put a pretty heavy layer down because they will shrink, depends on what you want out of the crust. You can also use buttered bread for a crust if not planning on having any other bread based dishes. You would also want to pre-cook sausages or other uncooked meats.

Only if I can stick myself in the carrier and smoke some cigars when I get there.
I understand...thanks :-)
[Reply]
shortstory5 05:58 PM 03-29-2009
Can you cater a breakfast party for me? Amazing stuff. I'm going to go eat now.
[Reply]
Up