Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Advice for B&M customers anyone?
markem 06:09 PM 03-06-2011
Seems like threads trashing B&M owners are common, but far fewer are ones that point out the rather boorish and tacky behavior of the customers.

I've seen what appear to be adults throwing temper tantrums over prices, selection (what do you mean you don't carry the one stick that I, someone from out of town who will never be here again, want to smoke RIGHT NOW!), lack of proper attention, etc. etc.

So here's a good place to comment on those experiences that make us cringe and make us all look bad.

So, what have you seen in a B&M that gives us poor customers a bad rep?
[Reply]
MiamiE 06:12 PM 03-06-2011
Let's start by theft. Disgusting.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:13 PM 03-06-2011
Not cleaning up after your group when you leave.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:14 PM 03-06-2011
Acting like 6 year old kids fighting over the last stick of gum when it comes to that last elusive, limited stick. :-)

Rubbing their noses all over the sticks they are looking at and then putting them back down. :-)
[Reply]
TBone 06:16 PM 03-06-2011
Puffing on a cigar while shopping...really
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:17 PM 03-06-2011
Lighting up a stick you brought in without buying any -- and without first asking if it is OK to light a stick you brought in...

Rudeness...

Complaining about prices...
[Reply]
full count 06:19 PM 03-06-2011
Hey buddy! "Got any Macanudos"?:-)
[Reply]
quantim0 06:37 PM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Let's start by theft. Disgusting.
I have never worked in a shop, but I would like to think it isn't a huge problem. It comes up a lot, so it must be.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:39 PM 03-06-2011
Theft is #1. That's why you are watched closely if you are not known. Customers thinking they know everything, being loud and obnoxious, complaining about prices. The ones that come in asking if we carry Cuban cigars. The customers that come in and want a suggestion for something new but almost always goes another way as they physically turn their nose up at my suggestion. Customers that think a smaller ring gauge cigars are feminine.

The one that ranks up there with theft with me is when customers come in and say, 'I smoked this one cigar last week in Indiana and the band was red. Do you have it?' and expect me to know what it was! WTF? :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:40 PM 03-06-2011
Walking into the shop while on the phone and just loud like you were at home.

Asking for discounts.

Putting things on hold.

Asking why their prices are more expensive, to the owners.

My good friend owns a shop here in Sacramento, and these are the common things that come up.
[Reply]
CoreyD 06:41 PM 03-06-2011
I did this one friday night, hope I wasn't a prick . went to look at a stick I have been thinking of trying found a hole in it took it to the shop employee that I go to and get my hobby info from and asked if it was a beetle hole and then after yes put it back then went back grabbed it and gave it to him to see it get tossed. Then went back to the box and looked for more hole in sticks and brought 1 more to him. Was it wrong, I thought I was helping them out, but feel I mighta been rude.
As a new hobbyist asking the 2 knowledgeable employees question after question on the hobby sticks etc.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:46 PM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
I did this one friday night, hope I wasn't a prick . went to look at a stick I have been thinking of trying found a hole in it took it to the shop employee that I go to and get my hobby info from and asked if it was a beetle hole and then after yes put it back then went back grabbed it and gave it to him to see it get tossed. Then went back to the box and looked for more hole in sticks and brought 1 more to him. Was it wrong, I thought I was helping them out, but feel I mighta been rude.
As a new hobbyist asking the 2 knowledgeable employees question after question on the hobby sticks etc.
No, you are not wrong and it was not rude imo. As long as you didn't pitch a fit about it. :-) I would want somebody to spot that asap if I have not.
[Reply]
Ogre 06:47 PM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Walking into the shop while on the phone and just loud like you were at home.

Asking for discounts.

Putting things on hold.

Asking why their prices are more expensive, to the owners.

My good friend owns a shop here in Sacramento, and these are the common things that come up.
I have to agree with this one!!!!
[Reply]
nick2021 06:49 PM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
I would think that if I were a B&M owner I'd be happy that something like that was brought to my attention as it might've prevented more cigars from being damaged.
[Reply]
awsmith4 06:54 PM 03-06-2011
Showing up for poker night and NEVER buying a cigar from the owner.

The shop I go to is fine with you smoking outside cigars but at least buy something. If you don't want his selection buy a lighter or a cutter.

Also, if a shop owner charges a dollar for a drink on the honor system remember to pay your dollar.
[Reply]
CoreyD 06:57 PM 03-06-2011
Distracting the Atladis Rep while him and the shop owner are talking business because your so damn loveable people just start talking to you and continue chatting with him while owner is trying to get out of there to go bowling or poker night when you guys can talk after they're done. <--- felt guilty on this one.
[Reply]
Neens 07:37 PM 03-06-2011
One thing that gets me is when someone just walks up and grabs and uses my cutter or lighter without even asking.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:42 PM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
The shop I go to is fine with you smoking outside cigars but at least buy something. If you don't want his selection buy a lighter or a cutter.
Absolutely, always. :-)

Only time I ever haven't is if the shop charges a cover to smoke in their joint.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:50 PM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
The one that ranks up there with theft with me is when customers come in and say, 'I smoked this one cigar last week in Indiana and the band was red. Do you have it?' and expect me to know what it was! WTF? :-)
Holy sh!t, Greg. I guess that is why I will never work in retail. People that stupid are intolerable.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 07:55 PM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by Neens:
One thing that gets me is when someone just walks up and grabs and uses my cutter or lighter without even asking.
That's called getting "Perdomo'd" because Nick does that alot! :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up