Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Sikaro Typhoon triple torch
Nazgul 04:07 PM 01-20-2017

Picked this off Amazon after coming across a review video of it. It really is a tank, that's all I can say so far. Looking forward to giving it a try tomorrow in above-freezing temperatures.
[Reply]
Remo 04:08 PM 01-20-2017
Looks good, enjoy it :-)
[Reply]
Nazgul 04:30 PM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by Remo:
Looks good, enjoy it :-)
Thanks Remo, it will be my first torch lighter in many years
[Reply]
shilala 06:35 PM 01-20-2017
I like it.
Nice pickup, brother!!! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:40 PM 01-20-2017
Look forward to hearing a review tomorrow, and a follow up in a couple months. Always good to see how they work after a couple fillups. :-)
[Reply]
Nazgul 08:36 AM 01-21-2017
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Look forward to hearing a review tomorrow, and a follow up in a couple months. Always good to see how they work after a couple fillups. :-)
I always found that to be the issue with my torches in the past. They grew weaker and weaker with every refill... I use Ronson butane fuel but maybe I'll have to shell out for something a little cleaner
[Reply]
Yamasa 09:48 AM 01-21-2017
See if you can find a product called "Whip-It".
It is refined in S.Korea by the largest butane processor in the world.
It is also refined 9x. I put Ronson or Xigar in a lighter and I have to turn up the flame after using whip it, and vice versa.
It really is a noticeable improvement in burn, and it is usually cheaper that any of the others.

Also, as a side note, a product that falls right in between these 2 in terms of burn is Weller, which supplies butane for gas soldering devices. However it is not cheap.
[Reply]
Nazgul 10:26 AM 01-21-2017
Originally Posted by Yamasa:
See if you can find a product called "Whip-It".
It is refined in S.Korea by the largest butane processor in the world.
It is also refined 9x. I put Ronson or Xigar in a lighter and I have to turn up the flame after using whip it, and vice versa.
It really is a noticeable improvement in burn, and it is usually cheaper that any of the others.

Also, as a side note, a product that falls right in between these 2 in terms of burn is Weller, which supplies butane for gas soldering devices. However it is not cheap.
Thanks for the tip. Doesn't look too pricey on Amazon, I will order a case if Ronson begins to fail me
[Reply]
Nazgul 01:51 PM 01-21-2017
Righto. The debut performance of this lighter was a success, exceedingly so. I very quickly became aware of my unfamiliarity with the strength of a triple torch. The effectiveness of the built-in punch in the foot of the lighter turned it into an ideal all-in-one tool for cigar prep. After some quick fiddling I was able to get an even toast in about 3 seconds, which remained so throughout the entirety of the stick. The punch wasn't as sharp as I am used to, but a little more effort yielded the expected result.

So far, I like it very much.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:01 PM 01-21-2017
Very good. :-)

Again, I'm awaiting your review after a couple months of regular use.
[Reply]
Nazgul 12:13 PM 02-07-2017
Sparker died after about a week of use. No answer from the company and I'm not holding my breath. I picked up a Regal triple torch with a lifelong warranty instead. Take a pass on the Sikaro
[Reply]
Remo 12:24 PM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by Nazgul:
Sparker died after about a week of use. No answer from the company and I'm not holding my breath. I picked up a Regal triple torch with a lifelong warranty instead. Take a pass on the Sikaro
That's too bad, thanks for the test though.
[Reply]
longknocker 02:33 PM 02-07-2017
Sorry It Didn't Work Out.:-) Another Reason For Always Buying Xikar With Their Lifetime, "No Questions Asked", Warranty!:-)
[Reply]
Nazgul 09:19 AM 02-08-2017
That's the way she goes. It's a pertty paperweight at least
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:15 PM 02-08-2017
Too bad about the lighter, on amazon you can just tell them it's crap and you want to return it and at least you'll get your money back. A lot of the time Amazon doesn't even want the time back and they tell you to keep it.

That being said I'm a big fan of Ronson el'cheapo torch lighters that you can get for just under 4 bucks at Walmart.

[Reply]
Nazgul 03:04 PM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Too bad about the lighter, on amazon you can just tell them it's crap and you want to return it and at least you'll get your money back. A lot of the time Amazon doesn't even want the time back and they tell you to keep it.

That being said I'm a big fan of Ronson el'cheapo torch lighters that you can get for just under 4 bucks at Walmart.

Thanks for the tip, I may try to get a refund for it. I've searched far and wide for those Ronson Jetlites (highly recommended elsewhere as well) but I'm afraid they aren't available in Canadian stores.
[Reply]
Nazgul 06:11 PM 02-11-2017
I redact my previous statements. Me, being the silly fool that I am, forgot the necessity of purging torch lighters. Once I did that, all is fine again. Jumped the gun a bit, I've corrected my amazon rating and will report back when she eventually dies for good
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:35 AM 02-12-2017
I redact my previous statements. Me, being the silly fool that I am, forgot the necessity of purging torch lighters. Once I did that, all is fine again. Jumped the gun a bit, I've corrected my amazon rating and will report back when she eventually dies for good
Well it's not like you dumped Gibson two weeks into the fantasy season. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:51 AM 02-12-2017
Excellent, talk to you in a couple weeks. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Nazgul 10:47 AM 02-12-2017
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Excellent, talk to you in a couple weeks. :-) :-)
:-):-) Glad to have the team behind me with this one
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up