Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>online beer sellers
TXSmokey 08:25 PM 06-01-2014
can anyone recommend a good site for buying craft beers. I live in a small town and my only options are wal-mart and the internet. thanks
[Reply]
pnoon 08:26 PM 06-01-2014
Hitimewine.net
BevMo.com
Totalwine.com
[Reply]
nayslayer 08:30 PM 06-01-2014
I have an awesome store near me, they have a online store as well.
http://www.halftimebeverage.com
[Reply]
stearns 06:35 AM 06-02-2014
I've used half time beverage before, good stuff and they ship very well. Another good one I've used with a smaller, rotating stock that Julian (mmblz) directed me to is www.letspour.com , they get some semi-rare stuff and have free shipping when you buy 6 from the same shipping point. you can also usually get $5-10 off from their wheel spinning thing on their site :-)
[Reply]
baust55 01:06 PM 06-07-2014
how do they ship seems like ups , fedx and usps refuse to ship for private individuals is there difference for business ?
[Reply]
stearns 04:06 PM 06-07-2014
I believe I received mine via Fedex, but I'm not sure what 'private individual' you're referencing. Never had an issue shipping to my personal address, if you're in a state where you can legally receive booze
[Reply]
baust55 11:09 AM 06-08-2014
I meant From a private individual to another private individual .

If I go to FedEx , UPS or USPS and say the package I am sending to my friend has home brewed beer in it they will refuse to ship it .

If tell the USPS the truth "I am shipping LIVE YEAST Samples in a Nutrient Solution ! "

They have no problem with that ....however beer is a No Can Do.

So perhaps a business shipping beer is covered under different regulations ?

There doh !

Austin
[Reply]
T.G 11:25 AM 06-08-2014
Originally Posted by baust55:
how do they ship seems like ups , fedx and usps refuse to ship for private individuals is there difference for business ?
Yes, a business can get a license that allows them to ship alcohol via private carrier (FedEX or UPS).

Here are some links to give you an idea
http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/pr...hipping-2.html
http://www.ups.com/wine

I do not think it's possible as an individual to register for the program.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 12:50 PM 06-08-2014

If I go to FedEx , UPS or USPS and say the package I am sending to my friend has home brewed beer in it they will refuse to ship it .

If tell the USPS the truth "I am shipping LIVE YEAST Samples in a Nutrient Solution ! "

So perhaps a business shipping beer is covered under different regulations ?

There doh !

Austin
You can use flat-rate boxes, print the shipping label online at USPS.com, and drop it off in the Post Office lobby bin. You never have to deal with a human at all. :-)
[Reply]
baust55 08:09 PM 06-08-2014
ok I see how it works .

AUSTIN
[Reply]
TXSmokey 05:14 PM 06-10-2014
Thanks for the recommends, unfortunately none of those sites can ship to TX. guess ill have to make a trip to Houston
[Reply]
TXSmokey 08:50 PM 08-07-2014

Austin
lol, have any live yeast samples in an oatmeal stout solution?
[Reply]
dadof3illinois 07:50 PM 03-20-2015
Do any of you fine fellows have access to any "Russian River Brewery" beers? Their "Pliny The Elder" is great but nowhere to be found here in Southern Illinois.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:23 PM 03-20-2015
Do any of the breweries sell direct?
[Reply]
kydsid 08:35 PM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Do any of the breweries sell direct?
Texas has rather archaic alcohol laws. Its only been a year or so since you could even buy product at a brewery.
[Reply]
stearns 08:32 AM 03-21-2015
Originally Posted by dadof3illinois:
Do any of you fine fellows have access to any "Russian River Brewery" beers? Their "Pliny The Elder" is great but nowhere to be found here in Southern Illinois.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Russian River only distributes to stores local to the brewery. Many of these only get a case or two a week, so the have 1-2 bottle limits. Good luck, it's good stuff, just drank my last bottle last weekend :-) :-)
[Reply]
dijit 08:45 AM 03-21-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
You can use flat-rate boxes, print the shipping label online at USPS.com, and drop it off in the Post Office lobby bin. You never have to deal with a human at all. :-)
Yeah what he said!! I do it this way all the time. Long guns, bullets, liquor, beer. they all ship just fine this way.
[Reply]
T.G 11:17 AM 03-21-2015
Originally Posted by stearns:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Russian River only distributes to stores local to the brewery. Many of these only get a case or two a week, so the have 1-2 bottle limits. Good luck, it's good stuff, just drank my last bottle last weekend :-) :-)

Pretty much, they self-distribute in their local area (CA Bay area) and use distributors elsewhere. I've personally bought bottles in Manhattan Beach for the SoCal herf a few years ago because everyone up here was sold out the week prior. You can see their distribution area here:
http://russianriverbrewing.com/where-to-get-our-beers/

As for most retail accounts only getting a case or two at a time of Elder and a lot of them limiting bottle sales to 2 bottles, yes, this is largely true out here. Last time I was at the brewery, their limit was 6 bottles of Elder per person, per day. The sours and brett beers have different limits, but at $14+ per 375ml bottle, they tend to be bought in smaller quantities anyway.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 07:39 PM 03-21-2015
Originally Posted by stearns:
I've used half time beverage before, good stuff and they ship very well. Another good one I've used with a smaller, rotating stock that Julian (mmblz) directed me to is www.letspour.com , they get some semi-rare stuff and have free shipping when you buy 6 from the same shipping point. you can also usually get $5-10 off from their wheel spinning thing on their site :-)
Letspour no longer ships
[Reply]
dadof3illinois 08:01 PM 03-21-2015
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like I was lucky to get what I had.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up