Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 55 of 270
« First < 545535455 565765105155 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
mosesbotbol 06:38 PM 08-16-2010
Goat Shoulder

Smoking a goat shoulder for tomorrow night. Will put on around 8:00 AM. I think it'll take about 6-7 hours. It weights about 6 lbs. Fresh killed and Hallal.

I'll cook it over maple charcoal with soaked pecan shells, star anise and cinamon sticks.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:56 AM 08-17-2010
Goat shoulder at 75 minutes in the smoker.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 08:26 AM 08-17-2010
Love goat...can't wait to see the final product!
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 10:30 AM 08-17-2010
That looks pretty sweet! Haven't really had goat yet, but that is making my mouth water.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:49 AM 08-17-2010
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
Love goat...can't wait to see the final product!
Well... It finished a little sooner than expected. Here's a picture of it finished. I have it covered in cello until 6:00 PM when I'll slice it.

[Reply]
tuxpuff 11:52 AM 08-17-2010
Looks damn tasty!
[Reply]
OLS 12:01 PM 08-17-2010
Whew. That improved dramatically from the smoke only shot earlier.
I'd love to taste that.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:08 PM 08-17-2010
I took a little taste off the edge. Very mild and tender. For those who do not eat goat, it has a milder flavor than lamb. I thought it would take longer to cook. Will try to take a post sliced picture.
[Reply]
bsmokin 08:08 PM 08-22-2010
May not be the perfect place for this but....

I have a nice gas grill and dont want to have to get a smoker. Seriously considering getting a Sams Smoker Pro ... http://samssmoker.com/smoker-pro/sams-smoker-pro.html

Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone know of a better way to go about smoking using a gas grill?

Thanks in advance for the input :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 08:27 PM 08-22-2010
I smoked some baby backs today. Completely forgot to take pics. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:12 PM 08-22-2010
Originally Posted by bsmokin:

I have a nice gas grill and dont want to have to get a smoker. Seriously considering getting a Sams Smoker Pro ... http://samssmoker.com/smoker-pro/sams-smoker-pro.html

Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone know of a better way to go about smoking using a gas grill?

I used to do somethng similiar on a gas grill ages ago it's no different than a big chip box or a few foil logs of chips on the lava rocks.

In comparason to the plain gas, it will add A LOT of flavor, but not the same as a wood or charcoal smoker.

Will it work? Abolutely.

Will it taste like a charcoal or log burning smoker? Nope.

Will it taste good? Yes.

Is it easy as heck to use? You betcha.

Can you duplicate it with a cast iron pan from the local thrift store for $5 ior less and some foil across the top with a few holes punched in it? Yup.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 11:01 PM 08-22-2010

I have a nice gas grill and don't want to have to get a smoker. Seriously considering getting a Sams Smoker Pro ... http://samssmoker.com/smoker-pro/sams-smoker-pro.html

Here's another way:http://www.smokedaddyinc.com/index.html
[Reply]
bsmokin 08:16 AM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
That looks really cool! Have you tried this before???
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:40 AM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
I used to do somethng similiar on a gas grill ages ago it's no different than a big chip box or a few foil logs of chips on the lava rocks.

In comparason to the plain gas, it will add A LOT of flavor, but not the same as a wood or charcoal smoker.

Will it work? Abolutely.

Will it taste like a charcoal or log burning smoker? Nope.

Will it taste good? Yes.

Is it easy as heck to use? You betcha.

Can you duplicate it with a cast iron pan from the local thrift store for $5 ior less and some foil across the top with a few holes punched in it? Yup.
Pretty muc sums it up exactly. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:55 AM 08-23-2010
Pulled a rack of Denver ribs out of the freezer saturday, cooked them yesterday.

The garlic paste/slather is a mixture of fresh garlic (like 8-9 cloves), fresh rosemary, fresh Thai basil, three fresh cayenne peppers, thyme, oregano, black pepper, kosher salt, paprika, OO and some wet tamarind paste.

(continues below)
[Reply]
T.G 09:55 AM 08-23-2010
continued...

(the sausage was lunch - moved it directly over the coals to cook after I shot the photo)

Cooked with oak and some grape vines

yeah, I didn't bother with a plate, just ripped at it from the tray - almost forgot to take a picture.
[Reply]
bsmokin 10:10 AM 08-23-2010
OMG!!!! :-):-):-):-):
[Reply]
Mr B 10:41 AM 08-23-2010
Looks very tasty Adam. Good job.
[Reply]
LooseCard 11:05 AM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
That looks really cool! Have you tried this before???
Check this thread to see the Soldering Iron / Tin Can cold smoker. It's a heck of a lot cheaper, and is doing the same thing.
[Reply]
OLS 11:09 AM 08-23-2010
Anyone know of a better way to go about smoking using a gas grill?
I may have mis-understood your question, but there is only a substitute way of smoking
that involves a gas grill. All of em are a poor substitute for the real thing. You CAN
smoke in a gas grill just by using a smoker box with chips in it. For some reason I just
do not like the results in a gas grill. If I had NOTHING, I would not be choosy, but
I do have a 'smoker' It is not a real smoker either, but a grill using indirect heat and smoke
envelopment. I put my ribs against anyone on the circuit, tho. I might not win, but they
would need a change of underwear. But if all you can do is light the burners on one side
and stack your meat on the other, and place a box of chips over the burners on the hot side,
you are essentially doing what I do, but without charcoal.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 270
« First < 545535455 565765105155 > Last »
Up