Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Good Eats>Deep Fried Peanuts
smitty81 11:06 AM 03-13-2013
These sound pretty good.
[Reply]
hotreds 04:53 PM 03-13-2013
JR's in Statesville, NC carried these. To me they were NASTY! As they were to my wife, sister,and FIL. I tried to finish them w/o the shell, but it was just too messy. Glad the Rev likes 'em- he can have my share!
[Reply]
shilala 08:46 AM 03-14-2013
I eat salted shelled peanuts shell-and-all, I love em. I've learned from experience that it's best to go easy on the shells. Only eat like every other one or they start doing damage on the way out. I've pretty much mastered how many I can get away with before I have to suffer.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 09:11 AM 03-14-2013
Just ordered 4 bags, 1 Of each. Shipping was 10.40 standard fed ex.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 04:51 PM 03-16-2013
Thanks Rev for the info.
I just purchased a few days ago; free shipping was nice to get...I purchased 6-7 of each flavor.
I love crunchy stuff, that are fairly healthy to snack on.

Lord Bless!

[Reply]
dwoodward 05:34 PM 03-16-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
I eat salted shelled peanuts shell-and-all, I love em. I've learned from experience that it's best to go easy on the shells. Only eat like every other one or they start doing damage on the way out. I've pretty much mastered how many I can get away with before I have to suffer.
I've heard this before, the shells have zero nutritional value so no reason to really eat them.... Tho maybe the frying process softens them up enough it doesn't kill you? Who knows lol.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:39 PM 03-16-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I've heard this before, the shells have zero nutritional value so no reason to really eat them.... Tho maybe the frying process softens them up enough it doesn't kill you? Who knows lol.
These peanuts are smaller than what you normally see as peanuts in the shell. 3 and 4 in a pod are common. I do not know if the different style of peanut (I believe they are the spanish peanut varietal) or if it is the frying of them that makes the shells easier to digest and not tear up the lower GI.
[Reply]
Zane 01:30 PM 06-03-2013
So. Me and the future wife took a trip to SC and GA. I stumbled across a place called Carolina Cider company that also had these on hand. I only grabbed a bag of Cajun and they are very tasty.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up