Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Breath Cure
Mr Edmundo 04:33 PM 11-29-2008
You had a great night. Great dinner. Wonderful company. Topped it off with a single malt scotch and a fabulous cigar.
Next morning, you're wondering what crawled up and died in your mouth. Wretched taste.:-):-):-) How can something so nice leave such an awful taste?
Brushing your teeth the night before only helps marginally.
I've heard, but never tried, that eating salt and vinegar chips before going to bed will get rid of the taste.
Anybody have something that worked for you?
[Reply]
SilverFox 04:44 PM 11-29-2008
Gotta say, I don't mind herf mouth. Seems I enjoy that cigar hanging around for a while.

Typically eating something spicy or salty works for me. I also find chewing gum works for me (something like clorets or cobalt)

My theory is I know I am not getting any attention at home after a smoke so I usually just brush my teeth and whatever is leftover will be gone by the time I brush my teeth in the morning and have my morning coffee

[Reply]
jbonnefsc 04:54 PM 11-29-2008
I always drink a bottle of water (or two) when i smoke, and that helps alot. It is a noticeable difference between with and without.

Sometimes, though, you just gotta live with it and use plenty of mouthwash the morning after...
[Reply]
DKPRLP 05:02 PM 11-29-2008
Brushing the teeth and mouth wash works for me..
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 05:08 PM 11-29-2008
Brush teeth
gargle with Listerine
gargle with hydrogen peroxide
rinse with Listerine
4 Altoids peppermint
[Reply]
SonsofClubDeck 05:13 PM 11-29-2008
brush, scope rinse, brush again, scope rinse, glass of water, and whats that stuff we used to eat back in the day?
[Reply]
Taboo Cigars 05:19 PM 11-29-2008
I don't have any right now, but have you guys ever tried "Cigar Clear?"
It seems to work pretty good.
[Reply]
mash 05:19 PM 11-29-2008
I use Cigar Clear, it works quite well.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 05:47 PM 11-29-2008
Smoke good cigars, gargle with good Scotch, top it off with another cigar and then repeat the process...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
cricky101 05:58 PM 11-29-2008
Power down a handful of Funyons. Cigar breath is sufficiently masked :-)
[Reply]
schnell987 06:24 PM 11-29-2008
Liverwurst and onion sandwich...covers the smell/taste of the cigar instantly.:-)
[Reply]
Cyanide 06:40 PM 11-29-2008
I find its the brushing technique that is important.

I do brush soon after the cigar is done, then I brush again before bed (usually within a couple hours of each other) accompanied by listerine rinse and gargle. Then I brush in the morning.

Now the technique basically is ensuring ALL surfaces of mouth are covered. Brush the teeth, lightly brush the outer gums, inner gums, tongue, roof of mouth including all soft palate, lining of cheeks, lining of lips, floor of mouth under tongue, including the two "hidden" gutters on either side of tongue (if you do this right you will actually be able to push the toothbrush under the tongue, all the way to the throat).

I only brush the teeth with the first and and morning brushings. If you brush your teeth too much you can cause gum regression.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Cyanide

PS: I gotta investigate that "Cigar Clear" maybe
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:50 PM 11-29-2008
More single malt Scotch usually works for me! :-) :-)
[Reply]
RichardW 07:36 PM 11-29-2008
Eat an apple. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 08:08 PM 11-29-2008
Pickled garlic.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:25 PM 11-29-2008
Originally Posted by Cyanide:
Now the technique basically is ensuring ALL surfaces of mouth are covered. Brush the teeth, lightly brush the outer gums, inner gums, tongue, roof of mouth including all soft palate, lining of cheeks, lining of lips, floor of mouth under tongue, including the two "hidden" gutters on either side of tongue (if you do this right you will actually be able to push the toothbrush under the tongue, all the way to the throat).
:-)

Dude, that's waaaaaaaay too much work.

:-)
[Reply]
Bruzee 09:50 PM 11-29-2008
Originally Posted by Buena Fortuna:
Smoke good cigars, gargle with good Scotch, top it off with another cigar and then repeat the process...
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds good to me bro.... As a matter of fact, gonna try it right now! :-)
[Reply]
md4958 11:43 PM 11-29-2008
Smartfood popcorn, the white cheddar kind.

Dont know why, but when I eat a few handfuls after a stick and drink plenty of water, or Vitamin Water, I dont have that "somebody crapped in my mouth" morning breath.
[Reply]
BlackDog 05:03 AM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by RichardW:
Eat an apple.
:-) Yup, works pretty well.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 09:17 AM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
Brush teeth
gargle with Listerine
gargle with hydrogen peroxide
rinse with Listerine
4 Altoids peppermint

I didn't think it was safe to use HP like that. If it does help with ass breath I might have to try it out.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up