Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Vintage Oliva discovery...
TripleF 07:42 AM 11-27-2008
Couple weeks ago I am doing some organizing in the upper scale humidor where I work part time. And I stumbled upon this box of Oliva Cigars. Now, I have only been smoking for 2 years, but I know these are older than that. Yesterday I ask the boss if he wants to sell them or are they his personal collection? He says, You want them? The rest is history...

Feast your eyes on these well aged beauties:

-
[Reply]
white_s2k 07:50 AM 11-27-2008
Very cool, anyone have any other information on these?
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:52 AM 11-27-2008
Very nice!

Originally Posted by white_s2k:
Very cool, anyone have any other information on these?
I believe that these are the same blend as the current production O Natural and O Maduro. I think they have just a different band. I could be wrong though.
[Reply]
tobii3 07:55 AM 11-27-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I believe that these are the same blend as the current production O Natural and O Maduro. I think they have just a different band. I could be wrong though.
not even close Bro...these are the original blends, and the current production are NOWHERE close to these.....
[Reply]
av8tor152d 07:57 AM 11-27-2008
Wow !!! Scott I see alot of mold on those better split them up and send them to me and Tobii for proper disposal !!
[Reply]
Ron1YY 08:04 AM 11-27-2008
Vintage is right!!!! Those haven't been made since before 05. They were an excellent blend, the likes of which Oliva has not been able to match with any of the current blends.

Great find Scott, Take a pic when you smoke them.
[Reply]
BengalMan 08:14 AM 11-27-2008
These were from 05 or earlier and were the original blends of the Serie O and O Maduro. The "Grand Cameroon" was the original G's. We went from the cloth bands, to the paper red and blue bands, to the current bands. When the band change was done, we simply began putting the new bands on the same cigars that were aging.

The blend that has been removed from the line was the O Bold, which was pretty much an O with some extra ligero in it.
[Reply]
dunng 08:17 AM 11-27-2008
:-) :-) ... :-) :-)
[Reply]
Volt 08:35 AM 11-27-2008
Well, looks like Santa has already paid you a visit. Nice find and what a Boss.
[Reply]
HK3- 08:35 AM 11-27-2008
Nice score Scott! Wow!
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:46 AM 11-27-2008
Ewwww those look old!!!:-)
[Reply]
Cigarcop 08:49 AM 11-27-2008
Nice find, keep digging you never know what else is stashed up there!!!
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 08:58 AM 11-27-2008
If I'm not mistaken, aren't there two different types of Oliva cigars? I thought I heard there was an Oliva Family Cigars that aren't in production anymore, and then the Oliva Cigar Co. that we all know and love today :-) Is this true or am I imagining things? In either case, that's a great stash you've come upon, Scott! :-)

Jason
[Reply]
TripleF 09:12 AM 11-27-2008
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
If I'm not mistaken, aren't there two different types of Oliva cigars? I thought I heard there was an Oliva Family Cigars that aren't in production anymore, and then the Oliva Cigar Co. that we all know and love today :-) Is this true or am I imagining things? In either case, that's a great stash you've come upon, Scott! :-)

Jason
Thanks Jason.
The answer is a couple of posts before your reply by BengalMan who is currently a sale rep for Oliva!!
[Reply]
neoflex 09:16 AM 11-27-2008
In my best Napoleon Dynamite voice "Lucky":-)
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 09:18 AM 11-27-2008
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Thanks Jason.
The answer is a couple of posts before your reply by BengalMan who is currently a sale rep for Oliva!!
One of these days, I'll learn to read, Scott. Adult literacy IS a big problem here in Alabama after all! haha Happy Thanksgiving!

Jason
[Reply]
spectrrr 09:21 AM 11-27-2008
nice find Scott! and a very nice boss :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
papajohn67 09:29 AM 11-27-2008
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
These were from 05 or earlier and were the original blends of the Serie O and O Maduro. The "Grand Cameroon" was the original G's. We went from the cloth bands, to the paper red and blue bands, to the current bands. When the band change was done, we simply began putting the new bands on the same cigars that were aging.

The blend that has been removed from the line was the O Bold, which was pretty much an O with some extra ligero in it.
The O Bold rocked!! If you can ever get your hands on one of the small Ole's you will see what I mean.
[Reply]
Yazzie 10:04 AM 11-27-2008
Nice score - Take care of them :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 10:11 AM 11-27-2008
Very nice find, Scott. The cloth bands are quite classy. I have a few of the Maduro's from a split last year. They are quite tasty. Enjoy.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up