Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you smoke when moderatly sick?
YES 25 27.78%
NO 65 72.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking While Sick?
JPH 01:10 PM 11-20-2008
I always feel like having a cigar...morning, noon, night, sick, well, before and after manwhoring, and all other times.

I called off "work" today because I was feeling ill (nausia/stomach ache).. after some chicken soup and oj and rest I feel pretty ok...

I'm contemplating my 33 degree garage for a smoke...

Do people smoke when moderatly sick?
[Reply]
taltos 01:12 PM 11-20-2008
I don't smoke when I have something like a recurrance of my sinus problems or a cold or flu because any taste that I get out of the cigar will taste off. Generally I just lay off until I feel better.
[Reply]
piperman 01:17 PM 11-20-2008
Not me, for some reason it seems like a job to smoke one when Im under the weather. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 01:18 PM 11-20-2008
I never feel like a cigar when I'm sick, plus usually I have some sort of congestion and the last thing I want to be doing is sucking smoke in my mouth when I'm congested. :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 01:21 PM 11-20-2008
No because I usually can't taste the stick I am smoking and that kills a perfectly good stick.

Plus like Darrell said I usually have some trouble breathing so smoking only hurts my healing time...
[Reply]
MithShrike 01:29 PM 11-20-2008
I don't smoke when I'm sick. It's just not a good idea.
[Reply]
ucla695 01:30 PM 11-20-2008
I don’t go anywhere near cigars when I’m sick. For one, I’m afraid of complicating whatever chest/sinus issues I might have. Two, I’m usually so stuffed up that I can’t taste anything and don’t want to waste a stick. Three, I’m afraid the smoke/nicotine will further weaken my immune system and I will get worse than I would have otherwise.
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 02:52 PM 11-20-2008
I smoke sticks that I dont expect much out of. I had pneumonia. The Dr. Said wait 2-3 weeks. I went 1 and was jonesin so I smoked one. Didn't hurt, but I was on heavy duty anti biotics. I wasn't congested very badly in the throat or nose. Mostly chest, and I didn't inhale : )
[Reply]
Starscream 03:33 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
I don't smoke when I have something like a recurrance of my sinus problems or a cold or flu because any taste that I get out of the cigar will taste off. Generally I just lay off until I feel better.
That's when I smoke el-cheapos. I still wanna smoke something, but can't taste the flavor.
[Reply]
WyGuy 03:38 PM 11-20-2008
I try not to smoke when I'm sick (at least not anything decent), mainly because of the lose of flavor.
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 03:44 PM 11-20-2008
If I'm congested I won't smoke b/c I can't taste anything. I've smoked with a mild chest cold though but that's it.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 03:45 PM 11-20-2008
I don't smoke when sick. kinda a waste
[Reply]
Footbag 04:26 PM 11-20-2008
I smoke because I enjoy smoking. If I'm sick, I'm not enjoying myself therefore I don't waste my cigars.
[Reply]
islandak 04:34 PM 11-20-2008
I put a "Yes" up in the poll. But I think it's more of a: I smoke when I'm mildly sick, rather than moderately. If I can breathe through my nose I'm willing to smoke a cigar. If I have slight sinus congestion I will also consider smoking. I think the smoke dries me out, at least for a while. It might not taste as good as it would normally, but I don't get too many chances to smoke, so I take what I can get.
[Reply]
Whee 04:46 PM 11-20-2008
Smoking with congestion just doesn;t do anything for me. No flavors, just blah...plus I can't breathe.

Depends on the the severity of other types of sickness...:-)
[Reply]
duckmanco 04:47 PM 11-20-2008
I know that I always want to smoke, but while feeling ill it just isn't the same. I'll feel like I am wasting the cigar, no matter the cost, and I just won't do that.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 04:48 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Footbag:
I smoke because I enjoy smoking. If I'm sick, I'm not enjoying myself therefore I don't waste my cigars.
hence you don't smoke :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 05:00 PM 11-20-2008
My sicknesses are almost sinus/chest congestion problems 99% of the time. Never smoke, but seems I want to even more knowing I can't. Silly humans. If I do talk myself into it, 15 minutes later I'm sitting there thinking, why did I do this?
[Reply]
cboor001 05:04 PM 11-20-2008
I was talking about this just the other day... I have a pretty good cold right now, but had the urge to smoke a cigar with my morning coffee. I chose a Fumadores, although I love this cigar, it is relatively cheap. I was disappointed because I couldn't taste anything. One thing it did do though, was to fix my nic-need until later in the day when a smoke actually tasted pretty good.
[Reply]
kgoings 05:16 PM 11-20-2008
Nope, and I am sick as a dog right now (and have been for several days) I am dying for a stogie but I know it wont taste good.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up