Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>New EdgeStar 28 bottle Coolers $220.15 Delived
poriggity 10:13 PM 08-31-2009
And for those that care, the WINEAUGUST code isn't working right now.. :-)
Scott
[Reply]
RJK18 07:13 AM 09-01-2009
Originally Posted by poriggity:
And for those that care, the WINEAUGUST code isn't working right now.. :-)
Scott

Try USAVE or SAVENOW for $10 bucks off.
[Reply]
RJK18 07:16 AM 09-01-2009
....or 20APPRE for $20 off
[Reply]
poriggity 07:31 AM 09-01-2009
20APPRE works.. Gotta decide which way to go.. I can either wait a month or so and buy one setup from a great BOTL here, or buy this one now and set it up myself...
Scott
[Reply]
poriggity 08:05 AM 09-02-2009
Looks like the edgestar at Compact Appliance went back up to $259.00. Looks like I got in just in time!
Scott
[Reply]
poriggity 06:05 PM 09-02-2009
So I talked to "living direct" on twitter, who is the parent company of compactappliance.com and asked why the price went up. They then asked which of their smaller companies I bought from. I told them it was www.compactappliance.com. I just went back to compactappliance.com and the price was back down to $220.15 :-)
Scott
[Reply]
captain53 06:11 PM 09-02-2009
They wiggle their prices around all the time, guessing they keep up with competition and adjust accordingly. Excellent group to deal with though, fast service and great packing.
[Reply]
poriggity 06:22 PM 09-02-2009
I can't wait to get mine, and start documenting the conversion to humidor! $200 shipped is a great deal, IMHO. I don't know if the coupon code I used is still working, but try it..
20APPRE all caps.. Thanks to RJK18!
Scott
[Reply]
captain53 06:25 PM 09-02-2009
I got mine from them 3 days after ordering if I remember right. It was really quick. Came double boxed and strapped to a pallet.:-)
[Reply]
poriggity 06:37 PM 09-02-2009
Mine shows to be here on this coming Tuesday. I hope I get it sooner than that. Is it fairly quiet when running, or loud?
Scott
[Reply]
captain53 06:46 PM 09-02-2009
Mine is extremely quiet, can't even hear it unless very close to it, that was a big reason for selecting edgestar, good reviews on noise. I am very pleased with it, if buying another cooler I would get one just like it. Tuesday is probably as good as you can do because of the weekend/monday holiday. Came by truck.
[Reply]
poriggity 06:50 PM 09-02-2009
Mine was shipped UPS according to the tracking number. I forgot all about the holiday.. Oh well.. I'll just have to wait :-)
Scott
[Reply]
captain53 06:55 PM 09-02-2009
Mine was shipped UPS according to the tracking number. I forgot all about the holiday.. Oh well.. I'll just have to wait :-)
Scott
Shipping method may have to do with where it is going. Yeah, the Holiday got you.:-) It will get here though. I had read to get the odor out wash with a baking soday/warm water solution and that worked very well. Only thing was after it dried was some work to get residue wiped out but the odor was completely gone so well worth the trouble.

I am just waiting on the drawers and shelves now so I can get it all finished off.:-)

I have 2 Oust fans in it but I am not convinced they move enough air to do much good.:-)
[Reply]
poriggity 07:56 PM 09-02-2009
My plan is to wire up a couple of computer fans and mount them somewhere. I'll take a look at it when I get it and see what I can rig up. Luckily if you look at the vino 102 thread, there is a link to get computer fans and power supply's cheap!
Scott
[Reply]
Kreth 07:59 PM 09-02-2009
My plan is to wire up a couple of computer fans and mount them somewhere. I'll take a look at it when I get it and see what I can rig up. Luckily if you look at the vino 102 thread, there is a link to get computer fans and power supply's cheap!
Scott
If you go that route, you might want to get some molex extensions so you can have the power supply outside your edgestar.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
poriggity 08:47 PM 09-02-2009
For sure brotha! Don't need the power supply inside! :-)
Scott
[Reply]
htran1023 01:22 PM 09-03-2009
Received my yesterday and am airing it out now. It came double boxed and secure, but there is a minor dent in the lower back corner. Can anyone confirm that there are 3 feet that are the same size, and 1 that is a quarter of that size?
[Reply]
bsmokin 06:56 AM 09-11-2009
Originally Posted by htran1023:
Received my yesterday and am airing it out now. It came double boxed and secure, but there is a minor dent in the lower back corner. Can anyone confirm that there are 3 feet that are the same size, and 1 that is a quarter of that size?
Yup... that's how mine came too. At first I thought there might be a missing foot, but now I don't think so. The feet screw in and out to allow for height adjustment to get the fridge level on your floor.

I got mine for $220.15 - $10 for the USAVE code... pretty sweet.

I bought this model specifically to get in on some shelves from ChasDen... but I missed this current round (Round 5, I think). Still waiting to hear back on some information on the next round. I know prices will be going up... that's fine... I just want to know when he thinks he may start...
[Reply]
captain53 07:10 AM 09-11-2009
Originally Posted by bjones:
Yup... that's how mine came too. At first I thought there might be a missing foot, but now I don't think so. The feet screw in and out to allow for height adjustment to get the fridge level on your floor.

I got mine for $220.15 - $10 for the USAVE code... pretty sweet.

I bought this model specifically to get in on some shelves from ChasDen... but I missed this current round (Round 5, I think). Still waiting to hear back on some information on the next round. I know prices will be going up... that's fine... I just want to know when he thinks he may start...
Round 5 is underway now.

Posted by ChasDen on July 31:

"If you are sitting on the fence and haven’t contacted me,
the next round (Round 6) will probably not see delivery times until the end of the year."
[Reply]
ChasDen 08:22 AM 09-11-2009
Originally Posted by captain53:
Round 5 is underway now.

Posted by ChasDen on July 31:

"If you are sitting on the fence and haven’t contacted me,
the next round (Round 6) will probably not see delivery times until the end of the year."
That is correct sir :-)

This round is SOLD OUT !

Round 6 starts after this round is complete (Shooting for first week in Oct, OK all you past customers laughing hysterically in the background, I know I suck at guessing time :-)).

Seriously, I am really trying to hit this mark so I can get round 6 started in time for Christmas delivery in round 6.

Chas

If they would just lay me off from my day job I could get these done much faster :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up