Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>You know what really drives me nuts?
Dave128 12:38 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
The steering wheel attached to your belt buckle?
:-):-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 12:48 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
The steering wheel attached to your belt buckle?

http://youtu.be/E3AjTqTwIdk

:-)
[Reply]
dvickery 01:38 PM 06-09-2014
best line i have ever heard ... in retort to non cigar smoker .

for those of you who remember "flipflop" aka phil .

lady standing by table with cigar smokers... tapping toe on floor " it stinks in here" .

phils reply " nothing a vinegar douche wouldnt fix " :-) .

love this story
derrek
[Reply]
icehog3 02:20 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by dvickery:
best line i have ever heard ... in retort to non cigar smoker .

for those of you who remember "flipflop" aka phil .

lady standing by table with cigar smokers... tapping toe on floor " it stinks in here" .

phils reply " nothing a vinegar douche wouldnt fix " :-) .

love this story
derrek
Flipflop was quite the character. Alright guy, except for his love of the Bulldogs. :-)
[Reply]
nutcracker 02:40 PM 06-09-2014
So there is actually some science in this. Cigarette smokers rapidly develop a tolerance for nicotine, and the neuro-transmitter "feel good" effect is rapidly blunted. (The nicotinic receptors develop an exhausted tolerance). Occasional exposure to nicotine (ie - many cigar smokers) results in spikes of dopamine and this the sensation is pleasurable. (Many cigarette smokers find smoking a habit rather than a pleasure).

I wondered why cigar smoking felt so good. Was it the taste? The relaxing "me-time" or something in the brain? Anyway - turns out it is likely your nucleus ambiguans. (Probably all of the above actually).

Desperately clutching your fag outside at 40 below to feed a habit is quite simply a different paradigm altogether.

Enjoy your stogies - in moderation - your brain will dig you for it.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:18 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
turns out it is likely your nucleus ambiguans.
I traded my nucleus ambiguans for some psychic reptiles and a six pack of Schlitz Malt Liquor. :-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 03:23 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I traded my nucleus ambiguans for some psychic reptiles and a six pack of Schlitz Malt Liquor. :-)
I knew that was coming :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:30 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
I knew that was coming :-)
I'm so predictable. :-)
[Reply]
mk05 03:37 PM 06-09-2014
Cigar smokers who:
- don't retrohale
- smoke for the nicotine
- unwilling to learn
- fishbowl an establishment within 5 minutes of lighting up
[Reply]
CRIMPS 03:47 PM 06-09-2014
I'll play.

1. Cigar Shop workers hawking their house blend cigars, telling me how "these are as good as cubans"
2. Non-smokers telling me how I am going to die from smoking cigars.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:58 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
I'll play.

1. Cigar Shop workers hawking their house blend cigars, telling me how "these are as good as cubans"
2. Non-smokers telling me how I am going to die from smoking cigars.
I've had to explain to three doctors over the last four years that you don't inhale cigar smoke. This after each was starting their "each cigar is like smoking a pack or two of cigarettes" BS. Each one was stunned by that little factoid.
[Reply]
pnoon 05:04 PM 06-09-2014
mmmmmm - Schlitz Malt Liquor
[Reply]
badbriar 05:27 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Any time a cigarette smoker complains about my cigar I just crop dust them. :-)
Same here - I just move closer and fumigate. Cleared a few tables of *****ing females in my time! :-)
[Reply]
shark 05:51 PM 06-19-2014
Flipflop was quite the character. Alright guy, except for his love of the Bulldogs. :-)
Never met the guy. I'd like to herf wit the guy sometime, though. He seems like he'd be funny as hell in person. He's still very active over at CW.

I tend not to say anything in response to rude comments about my cigar. In fact, I tend to just ignore them like they're not even there.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 08:31 PM 07-02-2014
Originally Posted by mk05:
Cigar smokers who:
- don't retrohale
- smoke for the nicotine
- unwilling to learn
- fishbowl an establishment within 5 minutes of lighting up
Sorry, what does it mean to "fishbowl an establishment"? :-)
[Reply]
jpb437 10:43 PM 07-02-2014
I actually was asked to leave the smoking patio of a bar while enjoying a cigar because the cigarette smokers complained about the smell. The owner then came out to apologize and explained to me he has a business to run and he has to keep the majority of people happy. He explained he was a cigar smoker and asked me to come back and enjoy a stick with him some time. Unfortunately I was on a trip and couldn't make it back but I respected him for coming out and at least explaining the situation to me. I also had a number of nonsmokers mention they liked the smell of the cigar. If I remember correctly it was a montecristo Yellow Tubo.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 11:25 PM 07-02-2014
Originally Posted by jpb437:
I actually was asked to leave the smoking patio of a bar while enjoying a cigar because the cigarette smokers complained about the smell.
Welcome to CA, Joshua. :-) This has happened to me so many times over the years that I've entirely given up on smoking a cigar in any "smoking area" that's not attached to a cigar-oriented business.

One notable exception being Europe. It never ever happened to me while traveling in Europe. Granted, that was more than ten years ago, but still. If people were smoking, be it inside or out, I'd fire up a cigar and nobody gave a damn. It was such a treat to smoke cigars almost anytime I wanted, and not be reviled by anyone. Good times. I wonder if it's still that way over there. I sure do hope so. Those days in the United States are a thing you only see in B&W movies anymore. :-)

Originally Posted by jpb437:
The owner then came out to apologize and explained to me he has a business to run and he has to keep the majority of people happy. He explained he was a cigar smoker and asked me to come back and enjoy a stick with him some time.
Sounds like a nice guy, at least.
[Reply]
jjirons69 11:28 AM 07-03-2014
Sitting on some choice sticks for years, only to light them up and they:

1) Are rolled so tight, you get a headache from trying to puff
2) Burn up one side or other to the point of total frustration
3) Stay lit long enough for one half-assed puff before a relight
[Reply]
Steve 11:49 AM 07-03-2014
Years ago I was in a pool hall and the air was so thick with cigarette smoke I couldn't even see the counter where the lady with the microphone blasted across the PA "Put that stinkin' thing out boy!"

:-)
[Reply]
357 11:56 AM 07-03-2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcOKUZPqBd4
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up