Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Starting a brick and mortar
stearns 06:59 AM 07-01-2014
Excellent post Jimmy, thanks :-)
[Reply]
Crusader 07:04 PM 07-02-2014
Yes, thank you. Your rough numbers are better than we thought. Hmmm, it's so crazy it just might work after all :-)
[Reply]
RandJCigars 11:49 AM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by Crusader:
Yes, thank you. Your rough numbers are better than we thought. Hmmm, it's so crazy it just might work after all :-)
Hope it helps! Let me know if you need any other questions answered. If you would be interested in ordering from us wholesale when you're all up and running, if and when, I'll be glad to discuss that as well.

Thanks,

Jimmy
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:38 PM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by RandJCigars:
I have personally been in the tobacco business since I was 18; I started with online Hookah sales. I used some of that money to start my wholesale cigar business believe it or not! I am now a full blown Cigar B & M / Lounge owner and I also wholesale and distribute all premium cigars to a handful of stores. On top of all that...I have my own brand of Cigar, named Inception, that is now in 92 stores across 24 states.

If you're going to get into something...you gotta go 100%, otherwise you're wasting your time.
Wow, good for you! Love hearing that entrepreneurship is alive and well!
[Reply]
brigey57 04:13 PM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by Crusader:
Anybody here start one up recently. Buddy and I are kicking it around. My guess is the fed makes it tough but would be interested to hear someone's story.

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Unless you have a sweetheart deal on rent, I would not open a tobacco B&M. All the odds are stacked against you unfortunately. Opening a cigar lounge, provided you can serve alcohol is another story and would need further consideration.

If you opened a business that bread & butter was something else and includes cigars and least you have a core business to sustain itself.
I agree, tough crowd for a B&M cigar shop; plus I think you'll have better luck with a cigar lounge with optional adult beverages. I would also go to a friendly location. Get your licences and permits ahead of time before you sink a ton of money into your business. If you'll need funding good luck with that one too. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up