Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Hemingway Short story Natural's
dave 08:22 AM 06-25-2014
I'm slow, but they're on the way.
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 07:42 PM 06-26-2014
Boom boom.thanks Dave Something arrived wow.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 08:49 AM 06-27-2014
Originally Posted by FriendlyMan:
Boom boom.thanks Dave Something arrived wow.
Nice work, Dave. :-)

Jack, when you get around to it, can you post us a little review?
[Reply]
CRIMPS 09:58 AM 06-27-2014
In honor of this thread, I just smoked one of these. Yes, these really are fantastic. It had been a little while since I had smoked one.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 12:31 PM 06-29-2014
Originally Posted by dave:
H Upmann Half Corona. You won't find one locally, but I believe it'll satisfy the other aspects of your itch. PM me an addee and I'll send you some to try and see. Size, profile and price should appeal
Where might I find some of these online?
[Reply]
ColdCuts 08:09 AM 07-05-2014
Originally Posted by Sweet_Leaf_PDX:
I think the Oliva Special G is similar (3.75 x 48 perfecto shape). I usually smoke the maduro version but I found the Cameroon wrapper version to be similar in strength to a Short Story natural. They are not too hard to find so it might be worth trying a 5 pack or picking up a couple at your B&M.
+1

If the search is still on, this is probably a real good bet. I haven't smoked this particular vitola, but I enjoyed the belicoso just last night. It was of similar strength and flavor profile.

Originally Posted by shilala:
[Tampa Sweethearts] are fantastic, Dave.
It used to be posted on the site that "the cigars are made from the same tobacco by apprentice rollers, blah, blah, blah..."
I've smoked gazillions, and they are fantastic.
Whether they still are made from the same tobacco, I can't tell you. I can't see why it would have changed, but they removed that info from the site a few years ago.
I'll bet that when you try them, you'll find that it's true. :-)
Scott, I ordered a bundle of the No. 500 (4.5 x 50). It was $48.45 for twenty, which comes out to only $2.42 per stick (before shipping). I'll let you know how they are. :-)

Jack, have you tried one of those HUHCs that Dave sent you yet? Would love to hear what you think.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up