Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Roma Craft Cromagnon
badbriar 11:05 AM 06-15-2014
Anyone else notice a taste difference between the Anthropolgy (5.75 x 46) and the Mode 5 (5 x 50) perfecto? The mode 5 is one my favorites and I find that the Anthropology is just kind of so-so. Think I read somewhere that the Mode 5 has a darker wrapper. Not sure if that is true. Any ideas why such a dramatic difference in flavors? :-)
RR
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:17 AM 06-15-2014
Rob, I find it exactly the opposite. The Anthropology has a ton of favor, whereas the Mode 5 is kind of just ok. Just goes to show, different tastes on everyone's palette. No idea on the difference, other than the size of the sticks. Perfecto versus corona gorda. :-)
[Reply]
the jiggler 12:55 PM 06-15-2014
My experience is similar to mac's. I live the anthropology but have not really enjoyed the mode 5. Weird.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 01:21 PM 06-15-2014
I have found that the Aquitaine has more "maduro" and pepper qualities going on than the Mode 5. I think the Mode 5 has a little less strength and you notice the savory (or whatever you want to call it) quality of the filler tobaccos that they use a little more too. I enjoy both, but do find them to be different smoking experiences. That's my :-) anyway
[Reply]
stevef2005 04:19 PM 06-15-2014
Anyone know of an online location that I could pick a couple of each up?? Never had them before. Local B&M stopped carrying when I tried too find them. Said no one bought.
[Reply]
the jiggler 08:33 PM 06-15-2014
Originally Posted by stevef2005:
Anyone know of an online location that I could pick a couple of each up?? Never had them before. Local B&M stopped carrying when I tried too find them. Said no one bought.
Small batch cigar has real reasonable prices on fivers...
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 09:30 PM 06-15-2014
In my post above I said Aquitaine but meant to say Anthropology.
[Reply]
stevef2005 07:16 PM 06-17-2014
Originally Posted by the jiggler:
Small batch cigar has real reasonable prices on fivers...
Thx man. Will check it out.
[Reply]
Up