Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>You know what really drives me nuts?
ApexAZ 04:44 PM 07-04-2014
I hate it when people come into a cigar bar to smoke cigarettes and drink, then complain about the cigar smoke.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 08:29 AM 07-05-2014
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
I hate it when people come into a cigar bar to smoke cigarettes and drink, then complain about the cigar smoke.
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:14 AM 07-05-2014
Originally Posted by ColdCuts:
Sorry, what does it mean to "fishbowl an establishment"? :-)
It's kind of like popping into a bunch of threads all at once, making comments, then never returning to see if anyone has questions or comments on what one said. Basically acting like a fish in a bowl, they swim in circles pointlessly, only paying attention long enough to announce their own presence.
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:45 AM 07-05-2014
:-)
[Reply]
ColdCuts 11:13 AM 07-05-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
It's kind of like popping into a bunch of threads all at once, making comments, then never returning to see if anyone has questions or comments on what one said. Basically acting like a fish in a bowl, they swim in circles pointlessly, only paying attention long enough to announce their own presence.
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up, Adam. Agreed, nobody likes that sort.
[Reply]
T.G 12:36 PM 07-05-2014
I don't usually worry too much about them. Usually they just interrupt once and then they are gone. Pointless to get annoyed at them, they aren't going to stop doing it, and it just screws up my enjoyment of being there. Like worrying about how someone else smokes their cigar, or if they drink a beverage with it that I don't happen to like.
[Reply]
hammondc 01:00 PM 07-05-2014
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:26 AM 07-06-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
I don't usually worry too much about them. Usually they just interrupt once and then they are gone. Pointless to get annoyed at them, they aren't going to stop doing it, and it just screws up my enjoyment of being there. Like worrying about how someone else smokes their cigar, or if they drink a beverage with it that I don't happen to like.
Gee, I'm starting to feel a little self-conscious. :-)
[Reply]
ColdCuts 09:20 AM 07-06-2014
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:27 AM 07-06-2014
Actually, ya know what drives me bat guano? Friggin' shuttle buses on the "T"! Take the train to JFK, get off, get on shuttle bus, get off shuttle bus, go to train platform and wait for train, get on train, finally get to work.:-)
[Reply]
jsnake 09:38 AM 07-06-2014
:-) I was going to comment here and thought against it after all that :-)

It is sometimes hard to keep up with it all though.

I travel for work and at our hotels we have smoking rooms of course. I do not smoke cigarettes. On one trip it was 110 degrees outside and I wanted to enjoy a cigar without melting or having heat stroke so I opted for a smoking room. HUGE mistake. It stunk so bad I couldn't breathe and my clothes and bags stunk for two weeks after. To top it off some coworker calls the hotel and our company to complain that I smoked a cigar in a smoking room. The nerve of some people. I kindly let him know what I thought of him and his nasty cigarette smoke right to his face. He didn't deter me but the nastiness of the rooms and the ashtray smell that soaks into everything in the room keeps me out of smoking rooms. I will sit outside and melt.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 09:07 PM 07-09-2014
You know what really drives me nuts? Getting the runaround from both UPS and USPS. I got an email from UPS at 7:18 PM that said the package I was expecting -- and waiting around for all day -- had been delivered. :-)

Entering the tracking number furnished by CI when they shipped my order, the UPS website says they handed my shipment over to my local post office and that the post office "attempted to deliver your UPS SurePost package and left a delivery notice with instructions." :-)

Someone please explain this to me. I'm hearing both "delivered" and "attempted to deliver." My wife or myself were home ALL day. No delivery. Door buzzer never buzzed. No notice. Nothing. The UPS website provided a USPS tracking number. Using that number, USPS website says DELIVERED at 8:46 AM. I checked with both neighbors. No cigars. No attempted-delivery slip. :-)

I go back to the UPS website to report the package lost. Website says, "Unable to report a lost package. This shipment was transferred to the local post office for delivery. Please contact the shipper for further assistance." :-)
[Reply]
azar 09:14 PM 07-09-2014
Actually, ya know what drives me bat guano? Friggin' shuttle buses on the "T"! Take the train to JFK, get off, get on shuttle bus, get off shuttle bus, go to train platform and wait for train, get on train, finally get to work.:-)
Holy hell and I get pissed if I have to wait on 5 vehicls to pass so I can pull out on the highway in WY. I couldn't imagine haven to get on 3 diffrent types of transit just to get to work! I will stop b!tchen about that!
Mack
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:41 AM 07-10-2014
You know what really drives me nuts? Getting the runaround from both UPS and USPS. I got an email from UPS at 7:18 PM that said the package I was expecting -- and waiting around for all day -- had been delivered. :-)

Entering the tracking number furnished by CI when they shipped my order, the UPS website says they handed my shipment over to my local post office and that the post office "attempted to deliver your UPS SurePost package and left a delivery notice with instructions." :-)

Someone please explain this to me. I'm hearing both "delivered" and "attempted to deliver." My wife or myself were home ALL day. No delivery. Door buzzer never buzzed. No notice. Nothing. The UPS website provided a USPS tracking number. Using that number, USPS website says DELIVERED at 8:46 AM. I checked with both neighbors. No cigars. No attempted-delivery slip. :-)

I go back to the UPS website to report the package lost. Website says, "Unable to report a lost package. This shipment was transferred to the local post office for delivery. Please contact the shipper for further assistance." :-)
I've had that exact same sequence of events happen twice before. In each case the package was delivered the day after I got those tracking messages.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 06:47 AM 07-10-2014
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I've had that exact same sequence of events happen twice before. In each case the package was delivered the day after I got those tracking messages.
No kidding? Twice?! :-) Well, I hope it shows up today then. That would be the happiest outcome. Planning on going to the post office later today if it doesn't show.
[Reply]
czerbe 08:07 AM 07-10-2014
My wife.. but I wouldn't have it any other way!
[Reply]
brigey57 08:38 AM 07-10-2014
You know what really drives me nuts? When I'm enjoying a terrific cigar, and I overhear one cigarette smoker remark to another cigarette smoker, 'I hate the stink of those things."

:-)

As a cigar smoker, what really drives you nuts?
I was in a bar once and had just lit my cigar when two people sitting next to me said "You're not going to light that thing? They stink." I replied that it was lit and I've been sitting here for a while with no complaints. They both said "It's lit?" Yeah it's lit and I'm enjoying the dumb look on both of your faces. I didn't say that but I was sure thinking it. We had a good time talking small talk and they both had a better respect for cigar smokers once they got past their misconceptions.

"Never underestimate the stupidity of a hypocrite!"
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:15 PM 07-21-2014

As a cigar smoker, what really drives you nuts?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up