Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Fuente Opus X Help
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 02:25 PM 06-04-2014
I’m interested in a getting some Opus X cigars (have a B&M near me that has a good selection of them). I've never tried any and I’m interested in dropping some into the long term storage tray, and having some around to smoke on special occasions.

I find myself pretty confused by the different vitolas and varieties offered. Anyone have some favorites?

Generally speaking I tend to enjoy smaller ring gauge cigars.

Thanks!
[Reply]
czerbe 02:38 PM 06-04-2014
I would stay away from the "A" I had one last Fathers day and it was blah for me... the smaller RG seem to work hit me better. Maybe pick up some Anejos as well?
[Reply]
Beagleone 03:07 PM 06-04-2014
For me, most younger Opus X are too harsh and need time to rest. I have a large number from 2006-2009, and they are tasting pretty good now. I like the Power Rangers in particular. As for the A's, I've collected one each year for Christmas and put them in my locker. I haven't touched them yet, but may do so for my BDay this December.
[Reply]
Gabe215 03:29 PM 06-04-2014
Their petite coronas are great, so are their Robustos, if you can grab any of the tins of them grab them, any and all sizes of the tins are great. I'm a lancero guy but never had theirs but all the smaller sizes (both in RG and Length) work for me! My :-)
[Reply]
Frodo 10:08 AM 06-05-2014
I like Opus X best in small and large RG. The larger vitolas (XXX) have a sweetness I really like and the Petit Lancero goes the other way with tons of savory character.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 10:28 AM 06-05-2014
Is it still opus/anejo season every fathers day and christmas or have things changed?
[Reply]
baust55 11:23 AM 06-05-2014
......."Someday"..... I will no longer be CHEAP ! ......eeerrr .......ummm....I mean THRIFTY !

Then I might try one ....!

Well that was no help !

AUSTIN
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 04:21 PM 06-05-2014
Thanks for the advice. I will pick up some of the smaller ring gauge stuff that I find and see how it goes.
[Reply]
TheGiver 01:45 PM 06-07-2014
Before spending retail money on Opus, I would encourage you to trade for them. You'll often get a better deal. Not to mention a variety of vitolas and ages. Then, you'll have a good idea of what you like. Honestly, buying a fresh Opus off the shelf is the worst way to find out about them. They haven't even come close to a peak for 5+ years. Trading is where it's at.
[Reply]
brigey57 08:47 PM 07-10-2014
You know you've got it bad when you can fill a cooler with cigars and you're looking to buy another cooler only larger next time cause you're running out of storage space. Love them sticks!!!:-)Yeah I'm crazy. Losing it, losing it...Lost It!!

Originally Posted by baust55:
......."Someday"..... I will no longer be CHEAP ! ......eeerrr .......ummm....I mean THRIFTY !

Then I might try one ....!

Well that was no help !

AUSTIN

[Reply]
Up