Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: What kind of humidifiction device do you use?
Beads (Shilala, Heartfelt) 57 62.64%
Included humidifier (Puck with PG solution) 1 1.10%
Humi Jars (Xikar and the like) 8 8.79%
Other 25 27.47%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>What type of humidifier do you use?
Blak Smyth 05:49 AM 10-31-2011
:-)Shilala Beads!
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:00 AM 10-31-2011
I vote other. In my desktop I have Jars, in the cooler, I have HF 65% beads.

Loving both.
[Reply]
ktblunden 08:58 AM 10-31-2011
I use silica crystal kitty litter in my cooler. Works great for a fraction of the price of beads.
[Reply]
w squared 09:48 AM 10-31-2011
I'm running a Hydra with 3 fans and some Heartfelt beads in my vinotemp, and some Heartfelt beads in my desktop...and some 60% beads in the little desktop that I use for pipe tobacco.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:56 AM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Staebell Set & Forget from Bob
This. :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 10:33 AM 10-31-2011
I have an Aristocrat M60 Plus with a "Set & Forget System" I feed it distilled water once a month. It's set for a constant 65% RH.
[Reply]
pektel 10:53 AM 10-31-2011
HCM (shilala) Beads.
[Reply]
kickerb 11:04 AM 10-31-2011
shilala beads now, but plan to change to heartfelt soon.
[Reply]
falconman515 11:35 AM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
I use silica crystal kitty litter in my cooler. Works great for a fraction of the price of beads.
This is the ticket!!!

Kitty Litter is the only way to go to cut the cost of humidification and spend the money on the things that matter..... Like new sticks to fill humidor! :-)
[Reply]
WittyUserName 11:39 AM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by kickerb:
shilala beads now, but plan to change to heartfelt soon.
Why the switch?
[Reply]
kickerb 01:49 PM 10-31-2011
2 of my humidors leak, so i need to re-charge my shilala beads fairly often. recharing the shilala beads take more time than recharing heartfelt because i can just spray some water on them. i have tried to rectify the leaks with foam seals and painters tape, so far nothing has helped. i have to recharge my current beads every week or 2.

one of the advantages on the shilala beads in very consistant rH, but I have not gotten that with my humidors (because of the leaks). so because of that im not even sure any beads will work.

and im not able to buy better humidors at this point.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:50 PM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by kickerb:
2 of my humidors leak, so i need to re-charge my shilala beads fairly often. recharing the shilala beads take more time than recharing heartfelt because i can just spray some water on them. i have tried to rectify the leaks with foam seals and painters tape, so far nothing has helped. i have to recharge my current beads every week or 2.

one of the advantages on the shilala beads in very consistant rH, but I have not gotten that with my humidors (because of the leaks). so because of that im not even sure any beads will work.

and im not able to buy better humidors at this point.
Would you like your money back on the HCM beads? If so, just return them to me and I will issue a refund through Pay!Pal.
[Reply]
kickerb 02:03 PM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Would you like your money back on the HCM beads? If so, just return them to me and I will issue a refund through Pay!Pal.
No need, the beads i got from you are fine, they just dont work with my application. Im satisfied with our transaction. Please don't think I am complaining, I'm not.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 02:07 PM 10-31-2011
I use 65% HF beads in my desktop and edgestar, no complaints at all
[Reply]
yourchoice 02:34 PM 10-31-2011
In my end table unit I use a combination of 65% HCM beads and a Cigar Oasis to auto recharge them. In my desktop I use 65% HCM beads.

Both work well for me. :-)
[Reply]
jakesmokes 02:44 PM 10-31-2011
I've been using mostly boveda packs since the beginning of the year. In the last month or so I have switched to kitty litter and DW. But.. a couple of days ago I opened a box of portages salmons and saw... MOLD! It had just started but it was there. So... I tossed that KL into the trash and I am back on Boveda packs.
[Reply]
BigJPinDC 03:46 PM 10-31-2011
KL in the vinodoor, footlocker humidor and cooler. All stay right at 63%.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:56 PM 10-31-2011
Kitty litter? Hey, if I want my sticks to taste like ammonia, I'll buy CCs. :-)

Oh, you mean FRESH kitty litter. Nevermind. :-)
[Reply]
jonnysmokes 08:21 AM 11-02-2011
I use the oasis XL in my cabinet... it seems to work well. Now that the winter months are amongst us, we will see how well it holds up and may reevaluate if need be.
[Reply]
Silound 02:09 PM 11-02-2011
Personally, in my cooler I use all of the above :-)

I have two large jars and pucks that use PG, and I have two dry bags of 65% beads that I use to help prevent spikes in humidity.

Overall, the only thing I'd change is that I'd switch to an active humidifier at some point when I get a new cabinet.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up