Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 106 of 225
« First < 65696104105106 107108116156206 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
Starscream 09:58 PM 05-29-2011
I'm off the Reyes bandwagon now. Yes, we need an upgrade at SS, but I'd rather not have the organization decide who to pay next year w/ the big contract: Reyes or Phillips. I'd rather have BP anyday.

Right now we need a starting pitcher who can get the job done. That's our priority. We need a pitcher, then another bat.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:07 PM 05-29-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I'm off the Reyes bandwagon now. Yes, we need an upgrade at SS, but I'd rather not have the organization decide who to pay next year w/ the big contract: Reyes or Phillips. I'd rather have BP anyday.

Right now we need a starting pitcher who can get the job done. That's our priority. We need a pitcher, then another bat.
I like Phillips a lot, but maybe having one of the best middle infields will appeal to both of them. Also have to look to the attempt to keep Votto in 3 years. He doesn't want to play for a team playing like they have been lately. :-)

Reyes brings better defense, better offense, more speed and more knowledge to a young team. You need to spend money to make money. No one comes to the ballpark to watch Stubbs strike out. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:12 PM 05-29-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I like Phillips a lot, but maybe having one of the best middle infields will appeal to both of them. Also have to look to the attempt to keep Votto in 3 years. He doesn't want to play for a team playing like they have been lately. :-)

Reyes brings better defense, better offense, more speed and more knowledge to a young team. You need to spend money to make money. No one comes to the ballpark to watch Stubbs strike out. :-)
Castellini is too cheap to pay for all of that. If we only make one trade this year, right now we need an ace.

I agree about Votto. I hate it, but he's probably gone when his contract runs out.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:24 PM 05-30-2011
Heisey starts for Stubbs, result is exactly the same, start the game with a strikeout. They might as well start every game with Brandon Phillips up with one out. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:48 PM 05-30-2011
Bruce has been on a tear!
[Reply]
Starscream 07:49 PM 05-30-2011
Bruce on FIRE!
Gomes possibly getting his stroke back?
Pitching not bad tonight.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:00 PM 05-30-2011
Reds Win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:01 PM 05-30-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:04 PM 05-30-2011
Stubbs for MVP! Only one strikeout today! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:10 PM 05-30-2011
Stubbs for MVP! Only one strikeout today! :-) :-) :-)
Bruce is working his way there.:-) Leads the NL in HRs and RBIs.:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:23 PM 05-30-2011
Bruce is working his way there.:-) Leads the NL in HRs and RBIs.:-)
Bruce looks very good of late, his average is almost up to .290 so thats a plus. Its unfortunate that Votto can't get pitches to hit and doesn't have people on base for him lately. If they can make some improvements this team could be good, LF, CF, SS and a leadoff hitter would go a long way to help this team compete for the division. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:27 PM 05-31-2011
Bruce looks very good of late, his average is almost up to .290 so thats a plus. Its unfortunate that Votto can't get pitches to hit and doesn't have people on base for him lately. If they can make some improvements this team could be good, LF, CF, SS and a leadoff hitter would go a long way to help this team compete for the division. :-)
If Bruce stays consistent enough to hit in the four hole, then Votto might get some more pitches. That or move Bruce to the 3 spot and let Votto hit cleanup for a while.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:45 PM 05-31-2011
If Bruce stays consistent enough to hit in the four hole, then Votto might get some more pitches. That or move Bruce to the 3 spot and let Votto hit cleanup for a while.
I don't like the idea of Votto leading off the second inning most days. If Bruce continues to play well, I think you have to move him to the two spot, have Brandon hit leadoff and put Stubbs down at #8. Although, Rolen hasn't looked good of late. Of course, when they trade Janish away in the package for Liriano and Stubbs in the package for Reyes, the whole lineup will change for the better. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:00 PM 05-31-2011
I'll believe it when I see it.:-)
But at least we might win that way.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:12 PM 05-31-2011
Stubbs for MVP:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:59 AM 06-01-2011
Stubbs for MVP:-)
I love how he struck out looking 2x yesterday :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:05 AM 06-01-2011
I don't like the idea of Votto leading off the second inning most days. If Bruce continues to play well, I think you have to move him to the two spot, have Brandon hit leadoff and put Stubbs down at #8.
But if you move him to the two spot, who's gonna provide protection for Votto. I'm tired of seeing him getting walked day in and day out. Bruce is the only one right now who would allow Votto to see more pitches. Bruce or Hernandez, but Hernandez is an aging catcher and can't run, so he has to bat down in the order.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:07 AM 06-01-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Typical Stubbs.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:39 AM 06-01-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Why are you surprised? He leads the MLB in K's looking, he watches more 3rd strikes right down the heart of the plate. After first swinging at a bad pitch, fouling off strike 2 and then watches the 3rd strike. :-)

Heck he had 2 hits before he struck out 3 straight times. He is a terrible lead off hitter, he hasn't even drawn a walk in the last 10 games. :-)

Good news Dan, he took over 1st place last night :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:56 AM 06-01-2011
Maybe he needs contact lenses.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 225
« First < 65696104105106 107108116156206 > Last »
Up