Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 4121314
Sports>2015 MLB Thread
The Poet 03:18 PM 10-12-2015
With two out and nobody on, Utley WILL get plunked. Otherwise, it's too important a game just to put a guy on base.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:53 PM 10-12-2015
Does anyone feel a slight chill in Hell? :-)
[Reply]
dman4505 09:47 AM 10-16-2015
It is cooling off a bit

Don
[Reply]
The Poet 04:06 PM 10-16-2015
Cubbies are due. More power to them.

Sorry, Mac. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:10 PM 10-16-2015
Bandwagon Cubs fan here, though in my defense I root for them in the National League every year.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:29 AM 10-17-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Cubbies are due. More power to them.

Sorry, Mac. :-)
No worries Thomas. Let's Go Mets!!
[Reply]
Dave128 07:09 PM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
No worries Thomas. Let's Go Mets!!
Ditto.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:21 AM 10-22-2015
Sorry Cubs fan.:-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 08:37 AM 10-28-2015
Great game last night.
Started off terrific with the inside the parker.
Loved the back and forth. And who doesn't love a game tying homer in the ninth?
I didn't think there was anything crazy done by either manager.

Some first guesses:
I was shocked to see Harvey out after only 80 pitches. It didn't factor into the game, just surprised me.
After Zobrist doubles to lead off the 8th, I'm not sure I have Cain try and bunt him over.
I understand that's how they play, manufacturing runs, but he's still your #3 hitter and I'd like to think he'd find a way to get him over or drive him in.
Also, they had to be the two most horrific attempts at a bunt I've ever seen.
I also thought Collins was too quick with the hook for Niese. Looked to me like he was mowing them down. Again, it didn't really factor in.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:50 PM 10-28-2015
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Great game last night.
Started off terrific with the inside the parker.
Loved the back and forth. And who doesn't love a game tying homer in the ninth?
I didn't think there was anything crazy done by either manager.

Some first guesses:
I was shocked to see Harvey out after only 80 pitches. It didn't factor into the game, just surprised me.
After Zobrist doubles to lead off the 8th, I'm not sure I have Cain try and bunt him over.
I understand that's how they play, manufacturing runs, but he's still your #3 hitter and I'd like to think he'd find a way to get him over or drive him in.
Also, they had to be the two most horrific attempts at a bunt I've ever seen.
I also thought Collins was too quick with the hook for Niese. Looked to me like he was mowing them down. Again, it didn't really factor in.
Agreed that it was a great game and awesome opener to the Series. Just sad that Familia blew his first save since July 30th. Would have been nice to win game #1 on the road. Tonight is a must win for the Mets. Hoping deGrom has his A game this evening.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:25 PM 10-29-2015
Well, seems my Mets have dug themselves quite a hole. Down 0-2, our two top starters beaten...but at least we're heading home for three.
[Reply]
Stephen 06:33 PM 10-29-2015
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Well, seems my Mets have dug themselves quite a hole. Down 0-2, our two top starters beaten...but at least we're heading home for three.
Was lucky enough to go to the K last night. Was also lucky that DirecTV Johnny Cueto showed up, and not cable Johnny Cueto. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:54 AM 11-01-2015
Mets gave another game away and now find ourselves down 3-1 in the series. Not pleased that we gave Game #1 and Game #4 away. We could have easily been up 3-1 and on the brink of winning the World Series. But instead, we find ourselves on the brink of elimination at home.
[Reply]
The Poet 08:10 AM 11-01-2015
Not exactly a Bill Buckner moment, but close.
[Reply]
jonumberone 07:15 AM 11-02-2015
Well, I'm glad that's over.
Nothing would've ruined my holidays more than knowing the Mets won the World Series.
Congrats to KC, well deserved.

Terry Collins really blew it last night.
I agree with sending Harvey back out, but once he walks Cain, Terry has to pull him.
It's not like he got nibbled by the ump for the walk, all 4 balls were well out of the strike zone.
I was thinking Familia's poor outing's were what had Collin's gun shy.

Harvey has to take a huge hit here too. He likes to talk the talk, but he doesn't always show up.
I thought he had a miserable World Series. Game 1 was sad. He blows a 2 run lead and comes out after 80 pitches.
I had an argument with a co-worker about it. I don't care how many scoreless innings you throw, if you give it away at the end, it doesn't matter.
I think I have more of a problem with him because he likes to come off as a Bob Gibson, Sandy Koufax type ace, but doesn't back it up.
If you're going to say " I'm not coming out of this game" , an elimination game, you have to get the outs.

And lastly, Sandy needs to take a hit as well. If you're going to build your team around pitching, you need to have a team that can field the ball!
The Mets booted everything this series. Somewhere back in spring training I made the comment that the Mets had the worst double play tandem in baseball. Was I that far off?
The Mets were dreadful in the field this series, from the first inning when Cespedes kicked the ball for the inside the parker, til the last, when Murphy kicked a routine grounder.

Congrats to KC. They really took it to the Mets.
They hung in against the starters and went to work against the pen.
You have to like that team. They never give up!
[Reply]
Remo 08:13 AM 11-02-2015
Anyone checked on Mac?
[Reply]
Dave128 02:15 PM 11-02-2015
Nuts.
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:30 AM 11-04-2015
Could the Nats have made a worse hire for manager?
You have a franchise that has trouble winning in the postseason so you go out and get a manager that has done a terrible job in the postseason?
Baker will get them there practically every year, but any half way decent manager could pull that off with the talent the Nats have.
How many bad managers does Mike Rizzo get to hire?
[Reply]
Stephen 06:21 PM 11-05-2015
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Could the Nats have made a worse hire for manager?
R.I.P. Stephen Strasburg's arm.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 4121314
Up