Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 23
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Sports>J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
ujponds 04:56 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Giants sure speak a lot to news media, though... Hopefully they can back it up tonight (pre-season or not).

I just want to see who plays Revis' spot, Wilson and/or Cromartie, and how well they fill in.
So far in camp they slid Cro into Revis' spot and had Wilson on the left. I am interested to see how Wilson deals with the transition to the NFL. He may be a factor on wether or not Revis remains a Jet. Two hours until game time, I'm cracking my first beer!
[Reply]
ujponds 05:03 PM 08-16-2010
Check that I mean 1 hour!
[Reply]
DBall 05:14 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by ujponds:
Check that I mean 1 hour!
Gah! I better be able to stream it at the office...
[Reply]
DBall 05:45 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
Gah! I better be able to stream it at the office...
Success, I believe!!!
[Reply]
ujponds 07:16 PM 08-16-2010
I wonder if Eli will remember his first game in the new Jets stadium? At least he will always have a scar on his face to remind him! I guess Eli is a bleeder, who knew?
[Reply]
DBall 07:30 PM 08-16-2010
I wonder if Eli will remember his first game in the new Jets stadium? At least he will always have a scar on his face to remind him! I guess Eli is a bleeder, who knew?
Dude... he got SERVED... bleeding like crazy.
[Reply]
DBall 07:59 PM 08-16-2010
Smoking anything good, Mark? If I weren't at work, I know I would be!
[Reply]
TheRiddick 08:01 PM 08-16-2010
Success, I believe!!!
Link please?
[Reply]
DBall 08:10 PM 08-16-2010
Link please?
here's one...
http://www.p2pstream.info/2010/06/channel-1.html

they keep getting shut down on justintv
[Reply]
TheRiddick 08:28 PM 08-16-2010
here's one...
http://www.p2pstream.info/2010/06/channel-1.html

they keep getting shut down on justintv
Gracias!

Ryan has a lot of explaining to do post match...
[Reply]
ujponds 08:44 PM 08-16-2010
Dude... he got SERVED... bleeding like crazy.

Tee Hee!
[Reply]
DBall 08:49 PM 08-16-2010
Ugh... it's starting to look like a Jets game... I remember this feeling from last year. Straight up deja vu...
[Reply]
ujponds 08:58 PM 08-16-2010
I'm about an hour behind, I paused it at half time for a smoke. I don't put too much stock in the first preseason game. The first teamers looked pretty good, Sanchez recovered very well after the first play. Half of the people you are watching now wont be on the team next week.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 09:26 PM 08-16-2010
Half of the people you are watching now wont be on the team next week.
Sure, and Ryan should start with Brunell IMO. Pre-season or not, this was a new stadium and a "home" game for Jets, the least they should have done for the fans is show some spine.

With Revis, without Revis, same old Jets... Shame...
[Reply]
timj219 09:38 PM 08-16-2010
Good game. 7-7 when the Giants sat the starters. I was a little surprised to see the Jets keep theirs in so long. This kid Cruz may have made it impossible for coaches to cut him and Bomar looked good enough that the Giants won't be able to stash on the PS this year - they'll have to carry three QBs on the roster. If they can come up with some decent special teams play I think it will be a good season.
Jets look like they'll do well too but it's too early to tell if santonio holmes will be a big help - he did most of his damage against 2nd and 3rd teamers.
[Reply]
ujponds 09:50 PM 08-16-2010
Sure, and Ryan should start with Brunell IMO. Pre-season or not, this was a new stadium and a "home" game for Jets, the least they should have done for the fans is show some spine.

With Revis, without Revis, same old Jets... Shame...
WOW!!! You gave up on the season after a disappointing show from our 2nd and 3rd teamers after the first preseason game!!???

Same Old Jets??? Dude, you are the type of Jets "fan" that keeps that mentality alive. Same Old Jets after the first preseason game REALLY???

Why do you bother watching?
[Reply]
ujponds 09:59 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by timj219:
Good game. 7-7 when the Giants sat the starters. I was a little surprised to see the Jets keep theirs in so long. This kid Cruz may have made it impossible for coaches to cut him and Bomar looked good enough that the Giants won't be able to stash on the PS this year - they'll have to carry three QBs on the roster. If they can come up with some decent special teams play I think it will be a good season.
Jets look like they'll do well too but it's too early to tell if santonio holmes will be a big help - he did most of his damage against 2nd and 3rd teamers.
It was good game between the starters. Hopefully Eli is fine. Cruz looked really good, I'm sure you will see him in against some first teamers next week.

I think Holmes will be a great addition when he comes back in week 5. If anything he will demand double coverage freeing up the other receivers. He also brings the ability to stretch the field.
[Reply]
DBall 10:16 PM 08-16-2010
Personally, I wanna see Sanchez in an entire game. That first pass was bad, but after that, he was good. I saw him playing like an NFL QB.

Can't wait til the real season!
[Reply]
TheRiddick 11:02 PM 08-16-2010
WOW!!! You gave up on the season after a disappointing show from our 2nd and 3rd teamers after the first preseason game!!???

Same Old Jets??? Dude, you are the type of Jets "fan" that keeps that mentality alive. Same Old Jets after the first preseason game REALLY???

Why do you bother watching?
Been a Jets fan longer than most here can even remember, nearly 30 years now. But hey, whatever works for you.
[Reply]
ujponds 04:53 AM 08-17-2010
Been a Jets fan longer than most here can even remember, nearly 30 years now. But hey, whatever works for you.
All the more reason to maybe not give up after the first preseason game. you got me I've only been going to games for 25 years, 30 is more years. I'm just saying give it a chance. If you look at the starters, our D front seven man handled their O line, LT and Greene looked great and Sanchez recovered well after that stupid pick and played smart. Granted our 2nd and 3rd teamers gave up some bad plays but I don't know how you can be upset with the starters play. Imo they looked ready to start the season and it's only mid August.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 23
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up