Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Golf problem, What would you recomend?
jmsremax 07:12 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
Driver??? The only club the courses I play on is the putter. Of course with a par 2 or 3, not much need for a driver :-)
Just watch out for those windmills...they can really ruin the day.

:-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 07:43 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
OK, Seriously. Try checking with some of the local Muni's as their pros usually have a bit lower rates. Also, try the local Junior or Community college. They often have classes that are very inexpensive. :-)
I took group lessons at a Nike golf school and I really liked the format. It ran for 5 weeks and was reasonably priced. We covered everything and you had time to practice while the pro was working with the others. The last lesson actually took you out on the course to play. My wife and I still go back to our pro for a couple semi-private lessons to get back on track every year.
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 07:48 AM 03-31-2010
A lesson is probably a good idea. I will tell you though, I have NEVER used a driver. My distance club is my 3 wood. I often compete with my son in law, who is a pretty good golfer and uses a driver, but I can keep up with him. His drives are longer, but mine are much straighter and we usually end up on the green in the same number of strokes.

I've discussed this with many golfers and most agree that casual golfers are much better off forgoing the driver for their 3 wood.
[Reply]
colinb913 10:06 AM 03-31-2010
same left hand situation with me! Lots of time on the range.. try trying new grips and make sure to turn the club face in
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
E.J. 10:58 AM 03-31-2010
All problems golf can be solved by replacement of old clubs with new, more expensive clubs.....:-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 01:59 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by E.J.:
All problems golf can be solved by replacement of old clubs with new, more expensive clubs.....:-)
I have the same philosophy towards women.
[Reply]
badbriar 09:48 PM 03-31-2015
Take some lessons. Until then, keep weight slightly toward the front of your feet. Keep your head down. Extend your left arm (assuming you are a right hander) and get the club cocked before you swing. Extend your arms when you swing - get that club out there. Don't do a chicken-wing (club too close to you, arms not extended). This should cure that slice! Lessons work wonders! Have fun!
[Reply]
The Poet 10:00 PM 03-31-2015
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Take some lessons. Until then, keep weight slightly toward the front of your feet. Keep your head down. Extend your left arm (assuming you are a right hander) and get the club cocked before you swing. Extend your arms when you swing - get that club out there. Don't do a chicken-wing (club too close to you, arms not extended). This should cure that slice! Lessons work wonders! Have fun!
This should have been the first advise years ago. With new golfers 90% of their problems off the tee is that they raise their head too soon looking for the ball. This results in missed hits, turned club faces, topped dribbles, duck hooks, and nasty slices into the brush.

Can't understand why it took years for anyone to mention this basic fix. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:18 AM 04-01-2015
Lessons!!!!!!:-) I'm A Certified Golf Nut, Live On A Golf Course, Etc. When I Continue To Have A Particular Problem With My Swing, I Always Take A Lesson. It's Very Difficult To Find A Solution Yourself Since You Can't See Yourself Swing.:-) Hang In There; Golf Is A Fantastic Game!:-)
[Reply]
Commander Quan 09:12 AM 04-01-2015
Where where you guys 5 years ago when I started this thread? :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 09:18 AM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
Where where you guys 5 years ago when I started this thread? :-)
I was stuck behind a slow foursome. Can't speak for others.
[Reply]
dave 09:23 AM 04-01-2015
How's the slice, today, Quan?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:00 AM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by dave:
How's the slice, today, Quan?
Spoken like Shatner. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:04 AM 04-01-2015
I'd love to help, but Jews don't golf, we wandered the desert for 40 years, that was plenty of walking around, oh and we don't camp either, same reason.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 11:16 AM 04-01-2015
I didn't play a single round last year, but the previous season it was manageable. Every once in a while one would fly into the next county but it's tough to say if that was my swing or the beer.
[Reply]
The Poet 11:25 AM 04-01-2015
Derrick, when I suggested keeping your head down, I did mean your head and not the beer's.
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:45 AM 04-01-2015
Best advice I got last year after a tough round, "If I were you, I'd take a couple days off."

Oh, really. And then what?

"Quit." :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up