Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 12
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Sports>Pacquiao-Mayweather bout gaining ground
GreekGodX 06:10 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Floyd called up Manny directly, and allegedly offered him a 50/50 split for a May 5th fight.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...manny-pacquiao
Hoping it leads to something.. I cannot imagine how that phone call went down and would have loved to be listening in.
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 10:10 PM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Hoping it leads to something.. I cannot imagine how that phone call went down and would have loved to be listening in.
Would love to hear how the conversation went as well..
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:05 PM 02-02-2012
Mayweather will be fighting Cotto May 5th, not PacMan :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:24 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Mayweather will be fighting Cotto May 5th, not PacMan :-)
Shocking. :-)
[Reply]
rebelknight 03:54 PM 02-02-2012
Shocking. :-)
Yea can't say I didn't see this coming. The whole thing was handled extremely unprofessionally. I don't know of too many big fights where a guy sets a date, time and venue and just expects the other fighter to completely agree to his terms. If Mayweather really wanted the fight he should have come into contact with Arum and Pacquiao before and tried to work on a real deal not just say this is when I'm fighting and if you want to be a part of it you don't have a choice. If I were Manny I wouldn't have taken the fight either. I really don't feel that his reputation has anything to lose by not fighting Mayweather. Mayweather on the other hand needs that fight to happen to back up all the times he's ran his mouth. I'd love to see this fight happen just as much as anyone but I really can't blame Manny for it not going through up to this point. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:39 PM 02-02-2012
Yup....I am not blaming Manny, and agree with your assessment of how Big Mouth Floyd the Ego handled the whole thing. I am just disappointed that we may never see these two fight in their relative "primes".
[Reply]
Taki 05:00 PM 02-02-2012
Yup....I am not blaming Manny, and agree with your assessment of how Big Mouth Floyd the Ego handled the whole thing. I am just disappointed that we may never see these two fight in their relative "primes".
+1 Brother....ridiculous that this fight has gone down yet!! They should have fought so long ago and now they probably won't fight and if they do they will be in wheelchairs racing down the hall!! What a joke
[Reply]
icehog3 04:50 PM 05-02-2012
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...nhancing-drugs

I call "bullshit". :-)
[Reply]
DBall 06:13 PM 05-02-2012
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...nhancing-drugs

I call "bullshit". :-)
I concur... what crap will he come up with if Pac submits to the random drug testing...?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:18 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by DBall:
I concur... what crap will he come up with if Pac submits to the random drug testing...?
I believe, Pacquiao already said he would do a test the week of the fight, just not the night before. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 07:57 PM 05-02-2012
I have managed to move three times, get a promotion and engaged in the time this thread has been open. What is the over / under I have a grandkid by the time this fight actually happens?
[Reply]
pnoon 08:03 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I have managed to move three times, get a promotion and engaged in the time this thread has been open. What is the over / under I have a grandkid by the time this fight actually happens?
I have no clue but congrats on your engagement. Ms. Callahan, I presume?
[Reply]
proguy747 08:09 PM 05-02-2012
Manny looks awful shady for not participating in olympic style drug testing. No matter what his excuse.
[Reply]
kydsid 08:10 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I have no clue but congrats on your engagement. Ms. Callahan, I presume?
Your Memory is scary good. Took me a minute just to figure out how you could even know. And yes indeed, thanks.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:16 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Your Memory is scary good. Took me a minute just to figure out how you could even know. And yes indeed, thanks.
:-)
Sometimes my memory scares me.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 08:58 PM 05-02-2012
Mayweather's a punk. I haven't paid for a PPV fight in years, but I'd pay just to see Pretty Boy Floyd get his ass kicked.
[Reply]
rennD 10:44 AM 05-05-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I believe, Pacquiao already said he would do a test the week of the fight, just not the night before. :-)
I dont understand what you are saying. Does anyone know if these drugs are semi-instant? As in "the night before" type of instant.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:45 PM 05-05-2012
Originally Posted by rennD:
I dont understand what you are saying. Does anyone know if these drugs are semi-instant? As in "the night before" type of instant.
One of the reported hang-ups to getting this fight to happen was: Mayweather claimed he wants Pacquiao to submit to a drug test the night before the fight, similar to the testing done throught out the Tour de France for blood doping or other PED's. Pacquiao won't agree to have blood drawn the night before the fight. Blood doping could be a 'night before' remedy, but I am not sure if it would be gone before the night after the fight, when both fighters are drug tested again by boxing's governing body where the fight was fought, I believe. :-)

In my opinion, it is Mayweather's current out to avoid fighting Pacquiao for the time, until he can formulate another excuse. I think his first excuse was the split for the prize money. :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 09:45 PM 05-05-2012
As if I needed another reason to dislike Money. Accompanied to the ring by Justin Bieber? Seriously?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:58 AM 05-06-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
As if I needed another reason to dislike Money. Accompanied to the ring by Justin Bieber? Seriously?
He also had Triple H and 50 Cent. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up