Page 2 of 12
< 12 34 > Last »
Sports>Pacquiao-Mayweather bout gaining ground
GreekGodX 05:49 PM 12-09-2009
no go for Dallas

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4729058
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:41 PM 12-23-2009
Looks like the fight may not happen now. Paq-man won't fight with a olympic style drug testing. One source sited Pacquoiao is a little squemish with giving blood.
[Reply]
white_s2k 07:57 PM 12-23-2009
Mayweather is being a total sissy, trying to find anyway to get out of this fight. Pac said he would test right after the fight, but he doesn't want to have his blood drawn while he is training.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:33 PM 12-23-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
Mayweather is being a total sissy
Shocking! :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:57 AM 12-24-2009
For as much as I like Pacquiao, his class, his integrity in the ring and outside. At this point I'm questioning why he won't just say the hell with it and do the olympic style drug testing. The amount of blood they take is miniscule and will not effect oxygen levels in the body.

And being that Mayweather is from Michigan I might have to switch sides :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:56 AM 12-24-2009
I've really been looking forward to this match-up! I hope Pac Man silences Mayweather. :-) Either way, it should be a great fight. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:55 AM 12-24-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
And being that Mayweather is from Michigan I might have to switch sides :-)

I would rather fight than switch to Loudmouth Floyd.....and I am from Michigan too. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:05 AM 12-24-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:

I would rather fight than switch to Loudmouth Floyd.....and I am from Michigan too. :-)
:-) I love it.

This whole drug testing argument has gotten me thinking. If you are clean why would you not just submit yourself to the testing. If I was Pacquiao I would say yes just to shut up Floyd on the steriods front, and then use it as extra motivation to beat him harder.

I just hope they come to some agreement and we can have the fight!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:10 AM 12-24-2009
I want them to fight too, not sure why Manny is so freaked out about giving blood. But if Floyd's camp is being hardline on this issue, then my guess is Floyd either wants more of the purse, or not to fight Manny at all.
[Reply]
rennD 08:24 AM 12-24-2009
tsk tsk Mayweather and and his mind games. If it happens at the MGM, I can get tickets :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:28 AM 12-24-2009
Originally Posted by rennD:
tsk tsk Mayweather and and his mind games. If it happens at the MGM, I can get tickets :-)
Lemme know if you have an extra, Carl. :-)
[Reply]
rennD 08:38 AM 12-24-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Lemme know if you have an extra, Carl. :-)
I am trying for four right now, two of them being S.H.I.T. herfers, a friend I work with, and myself. I will contact my Host and beg for another one.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:15 AM 12-24-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
For as much as I like Pacquiao, his class, his integrity in the ring and outside. At this point I'm questioning why he won't just say the hell with it and do the olympic style drug testing. The amount of blood they take is miniscule and will not effect oxygen levels in the body.
I agree, Christos. Very strange to say the least. The not liking needles argument is moot. If he didn't like needles, would he have gotten a tatoo? In this day in time, I don't think anyone is above reproach when it comes to ped's. Floyd Sr. has said for years that Pac Man takes HGH. With this refusal, it has me wandering. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:22 AM 12-24-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I agree, Christos. Very strange to say the least. The not liking needles argument is moot. If he didn't like needles, would he have gotten a tatoo? In this day in time, I don't think anyone is above reproach when it comes to ped's. Floyd Sr. has said for years that Pac Man takes HGH. With this refusal, it has me wandering. :-)
Good point on the tattoo. I brought up the oxygen level in blood because athletes won't donate blood during training or before an even because it decreases RBC count therefore hindering oxygen transport through the body. That would be my only logical explanation as another why he wouldn't want to do the blood testing.

Maybe give Pacquiao a few more million out of the purse to get him to do this. I really want to know why he won't do the testing!
[Reply]
rennD 10:29 AM 12-24-2009
http://www.fightnews.com/?p=33765

FYI
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:46 AM 12-24-2009
Originally Posted by :
So, yes, I believe that the urine testing is more than sufficient for boxing. If you’re using steroids, it’s going to come up for sure in urine. There’s no way it’s going to get through the liver and the kidney without being detected.”
BS. There are so many ways to beat a urine test, it funny.

It shouldn't matter how many times they are blood tested as they use such a tiny about of blood. Pac-Man's schedule for wanting to give blood is interesting to me. Should be given at any time, not scheduled.

However, I can see why they would want an independent agency to do the testing though.

It's crap like this has, in part, virtually killed boxing, imo.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:20 PM 12-24-2009
Originally Posted by rennD:
I am trying for four right now, two of them being S.H.I.T. herfers, a friend I work with, and myself. I will contact my Host and beg for another one.
I don't expect anything, Carl, I know it would be a tough sell, but if you do, I am there. :-) The cigars will be on me as well. :-)

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Greg, why don't you wander over to my neck of the woods and have some cigars with me while you are at it? :-)

You make a good point, I just hope it all gets worked out.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:43 PM 12-26-2009
Not sure which one is a bigger douchebag: Mayweather or Pacquiano. Mayweather has a point, but so does Pacqyiono. Makes us pro-wrestling fans look less ignorant all the time.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:13 PM 12-26-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Not sure which one is a bigger douchebag: Mayweather or Pacquiano. Mayweather has a point, but so does Pacqyiono. Makes us pro-wrestling fans look less ignorant all the time.
Calling Mayweather a douchebag is an insult to douchebags. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 02:36 AM 01-08-2010
"First and foremost, not only do I want to fight Manny Pacquiao, I want to whip his punk ass." -Floyd Mayweather

Pacquiao's promoter is saying the fight is dead. I hope they can get this bs resolved and fight.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 34 > Last »
Up