Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>It was close to 8 minutes....
AdamJoshua 08:01 PM 08-08-2015
Tim Brown was once one of the fastest players in the NFL. His Hall of Fame speech was anything but. Inductees are allotted 8 minutes for their speeches. Brown was clocked at 31 minutes, 27 seconds.

:-) :-) :-)

Of course if you look at his career numbers and think back to the QBs that were throwing to him it really does show how amazing he was.

It was also the beginning of a remarkable streak of both durability and productivity. For nine straight years from 1993-2001, Brown hauled in at least 75 receptions, topped 1,000 yards and scored at least five touchdowns. Over that nine-season span, he averaged over eight receiving scores a season, in an era when passing wasn't as prevalent as today.

No, it wasn't the Wing-T days, but it wasn't today (when 4,000 passing yards is considered "OK") either.
And over that 144-game stretch, Brown suited up each and every week.

What made the streak all the more remarkable was the Raiders' bevy of, how shall I put this, uninspiring quarterbacks at the time. Jeff Hostetler. Billy Joe Hobert. Jeff George. Donald Hollas.

As a Raiders fan I will now go back to living in the past.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:20 PM 08-08-2015
man when they talk about moves that break defender's ankles

https://youtu.be/N6nRcoBfunM
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:54 PM 08-08-2015
I was never a Raiders fan but always enjoyed watching Tim Brown. He's one of those guys that you look at and think "Man, he had an awesome career, but what could have been if he'd had some talent around him?"
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:46 PM 08-08-2015
Not only the crap retread QBs but for a lot of years there was no one else on the field that was a legit target so he spend many seasons double covered.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:27 AM 08-09-2015
Possibly the greatest "power" football player I saw film on, maybe the best of his era, and certainly parlayed that into a great acting career.

Oh, "Tim"? Never mind. Yeah, he was pretty good too.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:37 AM 08-09-2015
The other brown didn't have to play with 20 different QBs only one of which made a pro-bowl :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 06:40 AM 08-10-2015
What's even more amazing?!?....the Raiders streak of "uninspiring quaterbacks" is still going strong! :-)
[Reply]
joatmon 09:57 AM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
What's even more amazing?!?....the Raiders streak of "uninspiring quaterbacks" is still going strong! :-)
I'm not so sure about that. As much as I hate the Raiders (Go Broncos!), I must say that Derek Carr showed some potential last season.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:01 AM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by joatmon:
I'm not so sure about that. As much as I hate the Raiders (Go Broncos!), I must say that Derek Carr showed some potential last season.
Derek Carr with real receivers should be even better. :-)
[Reply]
Up