Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>odd wrapper splitting
replicant_argent 10:00 AM 10-20-2008
Just getting together a package for mailing out of my cooler this morning and noticed one of my boxes of Nicaraguans almost all had split wrappers. I have kept all my smokes at 65% with beads for a loooong time, and even when I add water to the beads, the RH doesn't go above 70ish, and then for a short time, these were all split up.
Looked through the cooler, and these seem to be the only ones affected, by a cursory look.
They were a box of Mayorga High octane robustos, so not exactly like I was flushing money down the drain, but it did concern me a bit.
Just annoyed. Any thoughts?
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 12:05 PM 10-20-2008
are they close to the bottom? I know that humidty is higher the lower ya go. Thats my only thought. Sorry it happened though.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 12:22 PM 10-20-2008
Were they corojo wrappers? I hear corojo is prone to splitting...
[Reply]
replicant_argent 12:33 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
Were they corojo wrappers? I hear corojo is prone to splitting...
Nic or costa rican, I think.. They are QUITE thin, though. I wonder if when they were originally shipped, they were quite wet? I never removed all of them from the box to check them. the box has a bunch of wood, though, triangular in shape with 9 triangular boxes inside, each holding 3 smokes, ribbon tied. i would think that the amount of cedar, (or whatever they make the boxes out of) would absorb the "shock" of humidity change.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:36 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
are they close to the bottom? I know that humidty is higher the lower ya go. Thats my only thought. Sorry it happened though.
Humidity rises, bro.
[Reply]
Up