Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nub maduro
borndead1 09:05 AM 09-30-2009
HK3 forced one of these on me.

It's 4" long, RG is...let's see...freakin' FAT. I'd say 60 or more. In general, I don't really like super fat cigars (52+ RG) or super skinny cigars (under 38 RG), but eh...I guess I will try this Nub. It is my first Nub BTW.

Perfect draw. Pre-light draw is a nice sweet tobacco flavor.

First few draws...not bad. Reminds me of a 5 Vegas A. I don't like cigars this fat because they don't sit comfortably between my teeth. So in doing this review, I have to take a few draws, set the cigar down, type, then pick the cigar back up again.

About 1" in...the cigar is gone.

Hehe... :-)

The flavor of this cigar is not bad at all, it definitely has that "Nicaraguan bite" in the nostrils, but there's not much depth or dimension to the flavor. The finish is very short. Pretty typical maduro flavors, cocoa/coffee and a bit of spice. This thing throws off a lot of smoke. I don't really care for the aroma.

BAH!!!!! I tried to hold the cigar between my teeth to keep typing, and it shot right out of my mouth onto my keyboard! :-)

This cigar tastes very similar to a 5 Vegas A to me, but with less flavor. Like a 5 Vegas A "Lite".

I only made it about halfway. I can't hold the cigar between my fingers, because it feels like it's gonna flip right out of my hand. I can't hold the cigar between my teeth, because it's just plain uncomfortable.

Final thoughts:

Meh...the blend is OK I guess, but the thing is just too damn fat. I can't relax and enjoy the cigar because it is cumbersome.
[Reply]
Resipsa 09:06 AM 09-30-2009
Share the love with Pnoon, he loves him some nubs.....
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:06 AM 09-30-2009
Thanks for sharing Mark!!
[Reply]
OHRD 09:14 AM 09-30-2009
Thanks for the review Mark, hope your keyboard is ok...
[Reply]
Dave128 09:17 AM 09-30-2009
I've tried one Nub so far. I'm willing to bet, unless another is given to me for free, it will be my last. I lit it, took a couple draws off it, relit THREE times and promptly threw it away. What a waste of $5. I didn't like the size the draw or the flavor.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:19 AM 09-30-2009
I have to admit I tried the Habano, Conny and something else when they came out and did not enjoy them. I can enjoy a bigger rg but the blend did not do anything for me. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
OHRD 09:32 AM 09-30-2009
I like the idea and feel of a stubby smoke but the one I had did little for me...I still think my favorite size is a Robusto or Corona...
[Reply]
njstone 10:33 AM 09-30-2009
I personally didn't find the NUB Maduro to be very similar to a 5 Vegas A ... the NUBs I've had are sweeter with a distinct floral quality.

I don't mind uber-large ring cigars because I don't "store" the cigar in my mouth between puffs anyway (I usually keep the stick in the ashtray). So for me there is no discomfort issue.

That being said, if you have an issue with a stick that size in your mouth even to just take a puff, you can always just punch cut the cigar and "kiss" each draw out instead of putting the whole cigar in your mouth.
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:13 AM 09-30-2009
I had a pre-release to try and wasn't digging it at all. In fact I pulled the wrapper off and I liked the flavor better.
[Reply]
Tarks 02:19 PM 09-30-2009
For those that like. cigarplace.biz has them on sale right now. 25% off. Great pricing. I just purchased a box of the Habano.
[Reply]
lou2row 06:33 PM 09-30-2009
Nice review Mark. I'll probably try one of these down the road, but not in any hurry. The large RG takes away from the percentage of wrapper so everyone says the maduro richness never shows up. They should have used maduro on the binder also.
[Reply]
dogface_313 06:40 PM 09-30-2009
Have one in the humi. I always look at it and think maybe I will try it today, then i grab something else.
[Reply]
poriggity 09:08 AM 10-07-2009
Seems like I am the only one that Enjoy's nub's around here.. I like them all. I guess everyone's tastes are different.
Scott
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:30 AM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by poriggity:
Seems like I am the only one that Enjoy's nub's around here.. I like them all. I guess everyone's tastes are different.
Scott
I like the Maduro Nub
[Reply]
Lensjockie 09:36 AM 10-07-2009
If they will make the blend in a standard size I think most of us would change our minds. It just doesn't have any time to develop like most cigars. It is like jumping in half way on a regular smoke.
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:54 PM 10-07-2009
I like the Nubs and I like their size. I think that the Maduro is not as consistant as some of the other Nub blends, but it still a good cigar.

I happen to like larger ring gauges (I think that they smoke cooler than smaller sizes), and the Nubs are tasty!
[Reply]
Azpostal 02:26 PM 10-07-2009
I enjoy all the NUBS, but the maddie is my favorite!
[Reply]
greenwit 03:18 PM 10-07-2009
I want to dissuade everyone from bidding on the Nub Habano on the devil's site. This is a terrible stick, hard to hold. Just awful. Please don't bid on these because you will not like them and you'll just drive up the price, send the market into chaos and push the country further into recession. Thanks a bunch. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 03:41 PM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
About 1" in...the cigar is gone.
I laughed out loud at this. Fortunately everyone else in the office has left!
[Reply]
pnoon 04:24 PM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Share the love with Pnoon, he loves him some nubs.....
Hey Vic - :-)

Nubs are "clown cigars"
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up