Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>I might be sick
whodeeni 10:02 AM 05-01-2010
My number's around 10, but i'm always trading or bombing somebody
so it usually dips even below that...:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 10:04 AM 05-01-2010
If it is a box that I can replace I don't worry too much... in fact I usually speed up on them. If it is something I can't replace then I started bumming at about that same point. When I get down to one I REALLY have a hard time smoking it. My singles drawers have a bunch of things I only have one left of!!
[Reply]
weak_link 10:25 AM 05-01-2010
I needed room in my vinotemp and just cleared out a bunch of half smoked boxes into a couple desktops. This was a major event for me so I'm going with 'totally normal dude.' It makes me feel better to say so, no idea if that's 'normal' or not. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:32 AM 05-01-2010
I found I can get past this problem if I take the cigars out of the box and put them in one of my drawers in the wine cooler. For whatever reason, once they're out of the box, they become smokable in a couple months.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:36 PM 05-01-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
I found I can get past this problem if I take the cigars out of the box and put them in one of my drawers in the wine cooler. For whatever reason, once they're out of the box, they become smokable in a couple months.
Yeah, I suppose, only then they're still only a couple left and it is still a problem.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 09:18 AM 05-02-2010
I usually go through that if it is something I have been aging for a while. Then I start wondering if they are at there prime now or if I should wait. Then I worry that I may wait and miss the sweet spot. Finally I just close my eyes and grab one. So I would vote you are as healthy/sick as the rest of us.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:21 PM 05-02-2010
You know what is really funny? I had some Honduran Punch Rothschilds that were part of a box of 50 from 1996, when I got to the last 10, they sat for quite a while. I gifted a couple away back in 2006 or 2007. Smoked a couple, and then the last few sat around. I gave a couple more away and then the last one I smoked about two weeks before Easter. I haven't replaced them though. That was probably like my 10th box of them as I used to buy them for $39 ad then $50 for a box of 50. Now they run about $125-$170 a box, and I just can't bring myself to buy them for that price, not because they aren't worth it, but I know what I used to pay for them.

Oh nostalgia, what a wonderful thing.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
DropTheE 09:49 PM 05-02-2010
Not sick at all...just a good inventory clerk!!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:15 AM 05-03-2010
I Know The Feeling, My Brother; It's Hard To Say "Goodbye"!:-)
[Reply]
JohnE1000 09:45 AM 05-04-2010
I get the same feeling sometimes especially with limited edition and hard to find smokes. But, I have to remind myself that if I don't smoke them now, I may lose them forever. Like wind, cigars will reach its peaks, then fall down and lose its flavor.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up