Is there a WTS, Trade or Buy forum?
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:39 PM 04-26-2010
you will see it in due time.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:39 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by SSDVC:
Is there a WTS, Trade or Buy forum?
Stick around a bit longer and contribute and you will be granted access to it in no time.
[Reply]
J0eybb 02:39 PM 04-26-2010
No.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 02:40 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
you will see it in due time.
:-) It feels like the longest wait of your life...:-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 02:48 PM 04-26-2010
Trust me you don't want access to it just yet. I wish I couldn't see it anymore. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:49 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
Trust me you don't want access to it just yet. I wish I couldn't see it anymore. :-)
:-) I'm with ya there Jon!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
SSDVC 02:52 PM 04-26-2010
Yeah, my wife was asking if this site was like the Mustang site I belong to. She was worried that I would be spending some money on here too. I let her look at the site and forum list and there wasn't anything to see that was for sale. Good for me.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:01 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by SSDVC:
Yeah, my wife was asking if this site was like the Mustang site I belong to. She was worried that I would be spending some money on here too. I let her look at the site and forum list and there wasn't anything to see that was for sale. Good for me.
Don't show it to her again in a few weeks. :-)
[Reply]
Superbad 06:45 PM 04-26-2010
I figured that was how the site worked... Gotta prove you will stick around before you get the key to the gold mine, or money vacuum, depending on how you look at it. They don't want you to just fly by and get the good deals and vanish.
[Reply]
itzfrank 01:13 PM 04-27-2010
I'm having the same issues. Most websites operate this way to keep people from coming in and scamming. It sucks that the honest people have to be punished because people can't be trusted.
[Reply]
Darrell 01:16 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:
I'm having the same issues. Most websites operate this way to keep people from coming in and scamming. It sucks that the honest people have to be punished because people can't be trusted.
I would hardly call it punishment. :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 01:16 PM 04-27-2010
IMO it's not being punished it's a privilege that must be "earned".
[Reply]
akumushi 01:24 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
IMO it's not being punished it's a privilege that must be "earned".
:-)
Especially in light of certain scammers that have taken people in for hundreds if not thousands of dollars in the last year or so on several boards.:-)
[Reply]
alwayslit 01:27 PM 04-27-2010
I was wondering the same thing. Last thing I need is to spend more money......LOL
[Reply]
itzfrank 01:29 PM 04-27-2010
It's entirely to keep people honest. It's set up this way because people won't just be able to make one account after the next to scam people in the BST section after they've been banned. Yes, some of it is relative to "earning it" but it's mostly about proving your not solely here for the BST forum.

You can't keep them all out but imagine how many more there'd be if we just allowed everyone in.
[Reply]
marge796 01:36 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I would hardly call it punishment. :-)
What Darrell said!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
pnoon 01:42 PM 04-27-2010
It's entirely to keep people honest. It's set up this way because people won't just be able to make one account after the next to scam people in the BST section after they've been banned. Yes, some of it is relative to "earning it" but it's mostly about proving your not solely here for the BST forum.

You can't keep them all out but imagine how many more there'd be if we just allowed everyone in.
That is an incorrect statement. There are other tools in place to monitor multiple user access. It has nothing to do with the WTS forums.

Also, we have a number of reputable members who are primarily (some solely) here for transactions.
[Reply]
itzfrank 02:32 PM 04-27-2010
Almost every forum I've been a part of has set up a requirement like this at one point or another because of people being dishonest at one point or another in their BST forum. I based my logic from that. If it's set up this way for another reason, clearly I just assumed and apologize for the ignorance.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:35 PM 04-27-2010
Almost every forum I've been a part of has set up a requirement like this at one point or another because of people being dishonest at one point or another in their BST forum. I based my logic from that. If it's set up this way for another reason, clearly I just assumed and apologize for the ignorance.
No apology needed. :-)

It is set up to inhibit scammers, dishonest people, and those trying to take advantage of our membership. In that, you are correct.

Where I disagreed with you is in your statements that "It's set up this way because people won't just be able to make one account after the next to scam people in the BST section after they've been banned." and "it's mostly about proving your not solely here for the BST forum".
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up