Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 65 of 69
« First < 1555636465 6667 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
stevieray 05:36 PM 01-14-2017
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
So I picked up a new radiator from Hekthor. Added a funky custom Nutcracker bowl, and we are ready to dim he lights and turn on the lava lamp!

Hekthor has a new stem - I do like it.

Check out his site:
http://www.hwiebe.com
I dig it :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 08:36 PM 01-14-2017
Those radiator pipes are certainly interesting. I'm still not sure how I feel about this since I am more traditional. I have to admit it does look cool. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:43 PM 01-15-2017
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
So I picked up a new radiator from Hekthor. Added a funky custom Nutcracker bowl, and we are ready to dim he lights and turn on the lava lamp!

Hekthor has a new stem - I do like it.

Check out his site:
http://www.hwiebe.com
Interesting looking pipe. Nothing I believe I'd like to smoke, but hey, I'm not the one smoking it.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Alpedhuez55 11:16 AM 01-25-2017
This is my latest. It is a BriarWorks Icarus Smooth Volcano. I love the lines on it. It reminds me of something Japanese. My oply complaint is the stem is a little loose, but a couple of rubs of Beeswax will take care of that!!! I look forward to christening it later on with some Carter Hall. I love using that to help break a pipe in.

[Reply]
nutcracker 12:03 PM 01-25-2017
Gads that is sweet. Love the stem and ring. I have an Icarus that I'm not too enthralled with - this one is N I C E !
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:10 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Alpedhuez55:
This is my latest. It is a BriarWorks Icarus Smooth Volcano. I love the lines on it. It reminds me of something Japanese. My oply complaint is the stem is a little loose, but a couple of rubs of Beeswax will take care of that!!! I look forward to christening it later on with some Carter Hall. I love using that to help break a pipe in.

I will agree though, I like the shape and the lines of that one, very nice. Looks also to be of a generous size.

A quick disclaimer, FOR MY OWN PERSONAL TASTES I am NOT a fan of silver/brass/gold on a pipe. I can look at them as such, but could not bring myself to own such.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:17 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Alpedhuez55:
This is my latest. It is a BriarWorks Icarus Smooth Volcano. I love the lines on it. It reminds me of something Japanese. My oply complaint is the stem is a little loose, but a couple of rubs of Beeswax will take care of that!!! I look forward to christening it later on with some Carter Hall. I love using that to help break a pipe in...
That's a great looking pipe Michael:-) Looks like it will give you many good smokes. What's the length of the pipe and the bowl height?
[Reply]
Alpedhuez55 09:18 AM 01-26-2017
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
That's a great looking pipe Michael:-) Looks like it will give you many good smokes. What's the length of the pipe and the bowl height?
It is 5 1/2" by 1 7/8". I smoked a bowl in the Icarus yesterday. Just some Carter Hall. I think someone recommended it to me once for breaking in pipes, I have been using it for that ever since. Though it is a good all around smoke. The pipe smokes nice and feels great in the mouth. Very happy with the purchase.
[Reply]
Alpedhuez55 09:20 AM 01-26-2017
Just to show how far off the wagon I have fallen, here is yesterday's mail....

It is a Dagner Corn Cob Poker and a Dagner P6 Bulldog. The Cob is a neat little design. I think it is nice that Missouri Meerschaum is working with others on new designs. The distressed finish on the bulldog looks cool too. But I liked the Carbon Fiber band on it the most. I will try out the Bulldog later.

Nothing is expected in today's mail. It looks like the next couple of months could be rough ones. My custom meer order seems to be taking shape. There are a couple of other pipes I am looking at purchasing. I also may commission a custom Briar.

Does the Betty Ford Clinic have a PAD wing?
[Reply]
Alpedhuez55 09:33 AM 01-26-2017
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
I will agree though, I like the shape and the lines of that one, very nice. Looks also to be of a generous size.

A quick disclaimer, FOR MY OWN PERSONAL TASTES I am NOT a fan of silver/brass/gold on a pipe. I can look at them as such, but could not bring myself to own such.
They do have different versions of the shape, most without the band. I just happened to get the one with it. I am not crazy about the band either, but it is not as bad in person. Plus the shape was what really grabbed me.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:33 AM 01-27-2017
Grabbed this one from pipe maker Jim Brown, Heisenberg Pipes.

Steve :-)
[Reply]
nutcracker 07:03 AM 01-27-2017
That's cool Steve. The silver ring is different and very nice indeed.
Looks perfect for flakes.
[Reply]
Alpedhuez55 12:14 PM 01-27-2017
Steve, that is a sweet pipe. I used to hate stubby pipes, but now I am loving them!!!

Congrats!!!
[Reply]
Sancho 12:19 PM 01-27-2017
Sweet stubby!
[Reply]
DMK 02:10 PM 01-27-2017
I know Jim from way back on other boards we used to hang out on. He does excellent work!
[Reply]
Subvet642 03:01 PM 01-27-2017
I'm not into stubbies but I love the rustication!:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:06 PM 01-27-2017
Nice looking pipe, Stevie.
[Reply]
jsnake 11:00 PM 01-28-2017
I met a lady that had a suitcase full of pipes. Her husband passed away years ago and she had been keeping them in a closet and wanted to find them a new home. It was overwhelming and I picked out all the ones I wanted. Ended up taking home 57 pipes, leather pipe pouch, and about 10 pipe stands and a few jars. Such a wide variety. I will post some pics as soon as I can upload some to photobucket since I can't attach here. May need some advice from nutcracker and a few of you other fellas. I need help identifying a few. They are relatively older pipes including a KAPP I've never seen before. Stay tuned for pics.
[Reply]
nutcracker 06:51 AM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by jsnake:
I met a lady that had a suitcase full of pipes. Her husband passed away years ago and she had been keeping them in a closet and wanted to find them a new home. It was overwhelming and I picked out all the ones I wanted. Ended up taking home 57 pipes, leather pipe pouch, and about 10 pipe stands and a few jars. Such a wide variety. I will post some pics as soon as I can upload some to photobucket since I can't attach here. May need some advice from nutcracker and a few of you other fellas. I need help identifying a few. They are relatively older pipes including a KAPP I've never seen before. Stay tuned for pics.
Those are the best estate finds. Like a kid in a candy store. Post a pic so we can droll.
You might need to acquire some cleanup gear - will be worth every dime!
Reamer set
Everclear
A gazillion pipe cleaners
Kosher salt
Oxiclear
Magic eraser
Micromesh pads
An ld buffing wheel with a slow motor
Fabulustre
Carnauba wax
Pipe stem oil

I recon you can get all that for $2-300 and it will we well worth eat to clean up all those old ladies.....
[Reply]
nutcracker 06:54 AM 01-29-2017
http://www.micromark.com/soft-touch-...of-6,7787.html
[Reply]
Page 65 of 69
« First < 1555636465 6667 > Last »
Up