Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Connecticut's
Ogre 11:25 AM 05-05-2010
I am looking at ordering a box of the Oliva Connecticut churchills. I have never smoked one of these. I have smoked the Rocky Patel Connecticut. What I am asking, can anyone tell me if about the differences. My local B&M dont carry the Oliva Connecticut. Please post if you have experience with these sticks. Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
thebayratt 11:49 AM 05-05-2010
I like the Oliva Connies a little more than the RPs... But, I myslef would get a 5er before I dropped my money into a box of a cigar I haven't tried.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:03 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by thebayratt:
I like the Oliva Connies a little more than the RPs... But, I myslef would get a 5er before I dropped my money into a box of a cigar I haven't tried.
:-)

Try a 5ver first and see if you like them. I hear they are fine sticks.
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 12:27 PM 05-05-2010
The Oliva Connecticuts are good if you like mild smokes. I found the Flor de Oliva Golds good too, a comparable smoke for a lot less.
[Reply]
weak_link 12:32 PM 05-05-2010
Fwiw, If you do a search I did a review on the Oliva connie. I would give those the nod over the RP's.
[Reply]
Ogre 12:35 PM 05-05-2010
Thanks guys, I will just have to make a trip into Orlando to Corona Cigars (twist my arm) and give it a try. I smoke the Connecticuts with my dad. He doesnt like my usual, I prefer the beefier cigars.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 12:39 PM 05-05-2010
I really like these cigars. One of the first connies I really liked was the Ashton Cabinet, but I wasn't a fan of the price tag at the B&M. I tried the Oliva and the RP Vintage '99 and LOVED the Oliva and it's resonably priced.
[Reply]
OLS 01:27 PM 05-05-2010
Ah, smoking with your Dad. There are alot of things about my life that I regret, but the fact
that my Dad passed when I was getting my life in line will never give me peace. I was in the
USAF for 4 years, then out of town in college, and during my senior year he died of cancer at home.
There is no telling if my mother would have allowed him to smoke anything after a cure, had things
gone that way instead, but he loved pipes and cigars with his brother when we would go to Michigan
to visit them. Man, would he be freaking jealous of my stash today. But of course, I would share the best
with him, so why be jealous? :-)
[Reply]
Tuxguy 01:34 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
Thanks guys, I will just have to make a trip into Orlando to Corona Cigars (twist my arm) and give it a try. I smoke the Connecticuts with my dad. He doesnt like my usual, I prefer the beefier cigars.
Try Tinderbox at the Lakeside village. They used to have them when I lived down there.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:34 PM 05-05-2010
Oliva Connecticuts are not your normal mild Connie stick, they have some more heft and some delicious flavors. If you get a box, try one right away, then hold off for 3 months, and then another about 6 months. I know that sounds strange, but depending on how long they've been at the seller, thy may need to be aged a bit.

I enjoy stronger cigars, but these are excellent.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Tuxguy 01:37 PM 05-05-2010
I also recommend the Camacho ones too
[Reply]
kaisersozei 01:39 PM 05-05-2010
I agree with most, that the Oliva Connecticut is a better smoke than the RP. The lonsdale or corona are my favorite vitola in that line, I'm not sure how the churchill is.
[Reply]
Up