Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Padron Anniversary better aged?
darkninja67 04:22 PM 05-02-2010
Since snagging a lot of Padron Anniversaries lately I was wondering if letting them rest awhile (due to them not being an everyday smoke) would be detrimental to flavor over time?
[Reply]
SouthernSmoke 04:27 PM 05-02-2010
From what I've gatherer on this topic, they will lose some of the robust flavors. Given the tobacco is already extremely aged prior to selling, age afterwards is almost excessive. Will 6 months to a year make that much of a difference? I would not believe so. Much more than that, I've heard people losing some of the distinct flavors of the anni series.
[Reply]
RightAJ 04:41 PM 05-02-2010
1-3 years is quite nice for Padron Annis, but any more than that and Patrick is right, they can loose some of their flavor. Try one now and in a year and see what you think!

aj
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:52 PM 05-02-2010
No.
[Reply]
cigarlvr 05:05 PM 05-02-2010
For me best right out of the box. I have found a few from 5 years ago that are good but they do tend to loose something.
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:08 PM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
No.
Originally Posted by cigarlvr:
For me best right out of the box. I have found a few from 5 years ago that are good but they do tend to loose something.
:-) x 2
[Reply]
Blueface 06:12 PM 05-02-2010
Perhaps Mr. Owl can best answer this question as I can never keep them long enough to find out.
Clicky
[Reply]
JJG 08:14 PM 05-02-2010
smoking a PAM as we speak and thinking to myself, even though these are good right out of the box, they should age just fine. I mean, they are pretty full flavored and damn strong. I'm thinking it would take a good 10+ years before these started to fade significantly, despite the fact that the tobacco is already aged.
[Reply]
Jason 08:54 PM 05-02-2010
In my experience they fade fast. They get muddled pretty quickly if stored out of a box at the low end of 60%RH where I keep my humidors.

I prefer the strong distinct profile of the fresh ones. Possibly they keep more like I'd prefer at a higher RH but I gave up on them before I could try, too pricey for something that doesn't keep
[Reply]
Up