Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Thoughts on ERDM (NC)
kgraybill 06:30 PM 05-01-2010
I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a box of ERDM (nc) robuso largo. I did not find any reviews on them.
Anyone care to share your thoughts on these.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:37 PM 05-01-2010
The few that I have had I absolutely loved!!! Sweet and smooth. Great early morning stick. :-)
[Reply]
JJG 07:47 PM 05-01-2010
that was my first box. They're really damn good and I still buy the singles from time to time. I've always seen the maduros, not sure if there is a natural wrapper or not, but the maduro is awesome. and the tissue wrapper is cool looking too. This was the cigar that really got me into cigars many years ago.

I highly recommend you get a box, but if you haven't already, check JRs price first. I'm guessing they're probably the cheapest on these.
[Reply]
smokin5 10:23 PM 05-01-2010
I keep the Toros on hand at all times as a great weekend breakfast/coffee smoke. Very smooth & tasty combo of coffee & florals. Perfect burn & draw. Go for it!:-)
[Reply]
Volt 06:43 AM 05-02-2010
Hmmm my is already done, learned something new. I didn't know there were NC EDRMs.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 07:41 AM 05-02-2010
It's been a long time (like 15 years) since I've had one, but I remember them as being one of the better "cigar boom" offerings. They're made in Honduras, and I recall them being fairly mild, flavorful, medium strength, and well constructed.

Maybe I need to seek one out and see how good my memory is? :-)
[Reply]
captain53 07:57 AM 05-02-2010
For the newbies that is EL REY DEL MUNDO. Anyway it is a fabulous $4-5 (online) cigar that has largely been forgotten over the past few years.
[Reply]
macsauce13 11:43 AM 05-02-2010
You guys had me sold on this sucker, and as I was going to buy a 5er on JR i noticed that it showed it as medium-full. I had read on here that you guys thought it was pretty mild and sweet.

Is there any spice/pepper in this cigar? Thats not what I look for in a morning smoke!
[Reply]
captain53 12:42 PM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
You guys had me sold on this sucker, and as I was going to buy a 5er on JR i noticed that it showed it as medium-full. I had read on here that you guys thought it was pretty mild and sweet.

Is there any spice/pepper in this cigar? Thats not what I look for in a morning smoke!
http://www.stogieguys.com/2006/09/st...del-mundo.html

I don't taste much spice/pepper in them and would rate them as a medium and no more. But everyone tastes things differently.
[Reply]
macsauce13 12:46 PM 05-02-2010
Alright...I'm doing it...These profiles seem perfect for me.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:57 PM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
http://www.stogieguys.com/2006/09/st...del-mundo.html

I don't taste much spice/pepper in them and would rate them as a medium and no more. But everyone tastes things differently.
I'm with Dave on this...I do not recall any spice/pepper, but I distinctively remember the sweetness and IMHO a mild/medium stick.
[Reply]
Cyclone 12:57 PM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by JJG:
that was my first box. They're really damn good and I still buy the singles from time to time. I've always seen the maduros, not sure if there is a natural wrapper or not, but the maduro is awesome. and the tissue wrapper is cool looking too. This was the cigar that really got me into cigars many years ago.

I highly recommend you get a box, but if you haven't already, check JRs price first. I'm guessing they're probably the cheapest on these.
They were among my 1st boxes to purchase as well....

Concur on JR pricing....

Funny thing... was at a buddy's place on Friday night and he had a one of tissue wrapped Robusto sizes in his humi... I turned down the offer to grab any of his Cubans to smoke it...

Brought back some fond memories... although a little light for an evening smoke after steak and wine...
[Reply]
macsauce13 01:45 PM 05-02-2010
i'm excited about these. I got a fiver for 16.95 (20 w/ shipping) and can't wait to try them.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 02:00 PM 05-02-2010
One of my favorite NC's . Great cigar with an Oscuro wrapper . The Rectangulares is quite tasty also .
[Reply]
kgraybill 02:29 PM 05-02-2010
Thanks Y'all. I stopped by the local b & m today to see if he had any. No luck there.

From what Y'all are saying they sound good to me.
[Reply]
Chemyst 07:51 PM 05-02-2010
ERDMs are very good for the price.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
smokin5 09:09 PM 05-02-2010
I always buy these at JR Cigars. Here's a link of the basic listings:
http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=cig_locate

And don't forget their Decadent Dozen Deal ($34.95 + $3.50 shipping/12 Toros):
http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa...T%20DOZEN.html

Smoke up, Bro!:-)
[Reply]
JJG 09:13 PM 05-02-2010
I agree with Dave as well; mostly sweet chocolate and coffee. no spice, but still pretty full flavored.
[Reply]
DropTheE 09:31 PM 05-02-2010
That Decadent dozen looks pretty cool! Sounds like some nice flavor profiles!
[Reply]
RightAJ 10:37 PM 05-02-2010
Fantastic for the price. Get the Maddies!

aj
[Reply]
Up