Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Xikar is sweet!!
Remo 05:08 PM 01-21-2014
I registered my new lighter today for the warranty and Xikar is sending a free sheath for it, I also registered my cutter and a free sheath is coming for it (it is not in hand yet but ordered) also, that is sweet :-)

That brings me to another thing, I ordered both from tobaccogeek.com the prices on their items were awesome and free shipping, looks like they have a ton of accessories, my cutter was backordered but I have been dealing with Richard and their customer service is top notch!!! Anyways I have no affiliation with this company but I can give them a big :-). Check em' out if your in the market for something.
[Reply]
Ogre 05:18 PM 01-21-2014
Good customer service is a dying breed. Glad to hear some still work to achieve customer satisfaction.
[Reply]
equetefue 05:22 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by Ogre:
Good customer service is a dying breed. Glad to hear some still work to achieve customer satisfaction.
Couldn't have said it any better
[Reply]
Remo 05:29 PM 01-21-2014

Here it is
:-)
Attached:
[Reply]
Ogre 05:41 PM 01-21-2014
Ok, now the real question. Does it fit in your new purse????
[Reply]
Remo 05:43 PM 01-21-2014
See my updated bomb post, ass!!
[Reply]
MrClean 05:49 PM 01-21-2014
He upgraded to a fanny pack right? :-) :-)

:-)

Thanks for the heads up Mike, I'm looking for a lighter. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:18 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
I registered my new lighter today for the warranty and Xikar is sending a free sheath for it, I also registered my cutter and a free sheath is coming for it (it is not in hand yet but ordered) also, that is sweet :-)
Sheath, is like like a condom, to carry in your little purse? :-)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 07:20 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
IIRC it took like 6 weeks to arrive. Not bad quality for being free either. Nice touch by Xikar.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:22 PM 01-21-2014
The sheath is so he doesn't get any lipstick or tampon fuzz on the lighter when it's all bouncing around in his new purse. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 07:24 PM 01-21-2014
Again....:-)!!!!
[Reply]
bruceolee 07:30 PM 01-21-2014

"It's not a purse it's European!"
[Reply]
Remo 07:34 PM 01-21-2014
Exactly Jason :-) Get some culture asshats!!! :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 08:33 PM 01-21-2014
The sheath will fit nice in his fanny pack. Next to the pads and lube
[Reply]
Remo 08:39 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by maninblack:
The sheath will fit nice in his fanny pack. Next to the pads and lube
You're filthy....:-)
[Reply]
mk05 08:45 PM 01-21-2014
Xikar does have a good policy regarding warranty and service, but I wonder what percentage of people actually return malfunctioning lighters or broken cutters.

Have had a cigarknife along with a non-brand name butane lighter for about 5+ years now, both of which outlasted multiple Xikars in each category. Long story short, after my B&M replaced a couple of each, I just said F it and threw them away.
[Reply]
Remo 09:07 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by mk05:
Xikar does have a good policy regarding warranty and service, but I wonder what percentage of people actually return malfunctioning lighters or broken cutters.

Have had a cigarknife along with a non-brand name butane lighter for about 5+ years now, both of which outlasted multiple Xikars in each category. Long story short, after my B&M replaced a couple of each, I just said F it and threw them away.
My $5 Ronson is still going strong, but asthetically just wanted a nicer lighter.
[Reply]
dijit 05:22 AM 01-22-2014
I have been a fan of xikar for almost 20 years. Their knives are very good and their warranty program is second to none. When my first expensive lighter quit and collibri told me to buy a new one at more than $100 I started looking for alternatives. When I saw Xikar I looked at my knife again and said cant be any worse than my collibri.

Since that time I have sent my cutter back 3 times to have the blades cleaned or replaced and my lighter after more than 10 years quit sent it back and less than 2 weeks later had a new one with the leather condom as my old one had numerous chips in the finish.

I screwed up last winter and left my lighter in the car one afternoon at work and the case separated. I emailed them admitted it was my error and they still said not to worry just send it back and they will fix or replace it.
[Reply]
mikesr1963 06:28 AM 01-22-2014
They have a good internet price for the Ronson Jetlite Butane Cigar lighter in Satin Dusk at $8.99 with free shipping. However, I was at the drug store Saturday and picked the same lighter up for $3.50. It was full of butane and at that price it's fairly disposable should it fail.
[Reply]
Remo 07:14 AM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by mikesr1963:
They have a good internet price for the Ronson Jetlite Butane Cigar lighter in Satin Dusk at $8.99 with free shipping. However, I was at the drug store Saturday and picked the same lighter up for $3.50. It was full of butane and at that price it's fairly disposable should it fail.
Ya, have a bunch of Ronson's..big fan :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up