Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 49 of 270
« First < 39474849 50515999149 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
ucla695 12:55 PM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Due to the larger vents on the 26", you might have to close them down much earlier than that. Thinking that in the 25 minutes, you might have had a large number of coals light off.
Makes sense. I’ll close them down a lot sooner next time and open as necessary.

Have you checked your lid thermometer for accuracy?
No, I haven’t. If they’re anything like stock hygros, I imagine I’ll have to get a better one.

I've long suspected that grate temps on these fire-brick modified webers are actually lower than the lid temps and exhaust temps, but I don't have remote probes to verify it with. My lid temp could be reading one number halfway up the lid, but yet my cook times to the point where I hit desired temp as indicated with a pocket thermometer probe and by feel with a fork, point towards a lower grate temp, like 30 degrees less than the $6 universal gauge from home depot tells me.
Makes sense. I figured the grate temp would be less, but just not sure by how much. I’m going to look for a thermo that I can place on the grate.

Thanks.
[Reply]
fxpose 01:19 PM 07-20-2010

I've long suspected that grate temps on these fire-brick modified webers are actually lower than the lid temps and exhaust temps, but I don't have remote probes to verify it with.
I believe even un-modified the temps are much lower at grate level.
When I used to do pizzas on the kettle (non-grilled, over a stone) I had to elevate the pizza off the grate about 4" for the toppings to cook. Otherwise, it took forever for the toppings to cook at gate level while the bottoms of the crust were getting charred....:-)
[Reply]
OLS 09:11 AM 07-21-2010
MMMMmmmmm....smoked cookies.
[Reply]
Mr B 10:17 AM 07-21-2010
After pulling and saucing I baked up 3 dozen of these suckers for the Pig/Barn Herf on Saturday. Peanut butter Chocolate Chip.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
OLS 08:41 AM 07-22-2010
May I just say, there has been some AWESOME looking food on this thread
in the past few days. Plus this forum is SOOOooooooo slow the past couple
weeks, so saying anything is a good idea. But those two chunks Mr. B posted
up were about as pretty and textbook as I have seen in 45 pages. :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 09:45 AM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
May I just say, there has been some AWESOME looking food on this thread
in the past few days. Plus this forum is SOOOooooooo slow the past couple
weeks, so saying anything is a good idea. But those two chunks Mr. B posted
up were about as pretty and textbook as I have seen in 45 pages. :-)

Right on Brother, thanks for the BBQ love :-)

Bring on those food pics. I love em too.
[Reply]
Gonesledn 01:24 PM 07-22-2010
some beef flanken style short ribs from the weekend.... ate too fast before could take pics.

[Reply]
Mr B 01:59 PM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by Gonesledn:
some beef flanken style short ribs from the weekend.... ate too fast before could take pics.

Great pics and a very cool idea.
[Reply]
OLS 04:37 PM 07-22-2010
That's the stuff Piggly Wiggly keeps on putting in the reduced rack, but for some reason they cut them in 3/8s inch slices
and for some reason they are high priced even reduced, (for what they are). But maybe they'd sell better if they would
stop freaking slicing them.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:37 PM 07-22-2010
I haven't done a catering gig for nearly a year as I have been too busy... That being said, I have one small one each of the next 2 weekends. I am kind of excited even if it will be too hot for man or beast!! Maybe I will post some pics... but knowing me I won't!!!
[Reply]
Steve 08:06 PM 07-22-2010
I know what you mean Brent. I have one in 2 weeks and possibly a couple one in about a month. Yea, tending a fire in August and September, the hottest months in Florida!

I WILL be posting though :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:44 PM 07-22-2010
Gonna be a 100 here on saturday.....feel like 110 with the humidity....but I got spares on the brain....I'll be wearing a path from the smoker to the pool!!
[Reply]
Steve 09:02 PM 07-22-2010
THAT is the way to do it!
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:04 PM 07-22-2010
.....hahaha.....might even wheel her down to the edge!! :-)
[Reply]
Steve 09:08 PM 07-22-2010
I invited myself and a couple of buddies over to my MIL's house last evening for an informal mini-herf so we could relax in her pool and watch the moon come up over the river. Even at 10:00 the pool felt like bathwater but it was relaxing!). I just can't get my smoker through her gate.
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:11 PM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by steve:
I invited myself and a couple of buddies over to my MIL's house last evening for an informal mini-herf so we could relax in her pool and watch the moon come up over the river. Even at 10:00 the pool felt like bathwater but it was relaxing!). I just can't get my smoker through her gate.
2 words....Back...hoe....:-)
[Reply]
Steve 09:17 PM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
2 words....Back...hoe....:-)
4 words...she...would...kill...me

:-)

[Reply]
BigAsh 09:19 PM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by steve:
4 words...she...would...kill...me

:-)

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha......is that her pool?.....Sweet!!
[Reply]
Steve 10:41 PM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha......is that her pool?.....Sweet!!
Yup. It's a great place to enjoy a summer cigar!

[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:09 AM 07-23-2010
That is so sweet Steve!!!
[Reply]
Page 49 of 270
« First < 39474849 50515999149 > Last »
Up