Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>warm & fuzzy
ripper 12:16 PM 09-24-2012
After lurking for 4 years, this old Bart made the teddible mistake of posting 2 cigar questions on a popular distributor/auctioneer online forum. Simple questions about the merits of a few smokes I was considering for purchase. My questions included the forum's sister company website and a competitor's website.
Was stunned by the vile replies - threatening, hostile and no info. How dare this dolt post a competitor's website.
Those were my first and last queries, despite the support and encouragement of a trading buddy who is a constant presence on that whipping post of a forum.
Made me appreciate the kind brethren in this group, where I have been a trader, bomber and occasional contributor since the bad old days of Club Stogie 2003-08. Am grateful for the friendship of pnoon, adriftpanda, icehog3, longknocker, bobarian, jjirons69, ncradioman, shilala, rharris, thaplumbr, tedrodgerscpa, billycigars, stevefrench triplef, cigarcop, Giant & 49ers fan -- all my pals at CA. Did not know how good I have it!
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:22 PM 09-24-2012
CA is a great place -- and I think that is mostly due to the community created and fostered by the ToE. :-) :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:32 PM 09-24-2012
We would rather have you here than there too, Bart! :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:38 PM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
We would rather have you here than there too, Bart! :-)
X2...the hell with those snobs. :-)
[Reply]
dave 12:44 PM 09-24-2012
I kinda like it over there, myself. It's slumming, but always potentially hilarious. As long as I keep my expectations low, its usually ok in there.

It is unfortunate that the occassional unsuspecting patron walks into American Pie II, expecting American Beauty. Treat CBBB like a low-brow comedy - suspend your sensitivities at the door and try not to be offended. If you are still offended, then best to just avoid it altogether. Hard to imagine lurking there for four years and being surprised by the reception, however.
[Reply]
pnoon 12:52 PM 09-24-2012
Glad to have you here, Bart. And I value your friendship as well.
Hopefully one day we can meet and share a good cigar.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:34 PM 09-24-2012
I think birds of a feather flock together....you are one of the good birds, Bart.

That other site sounds scary, even if my nieces say that "Angry Birds" are all the rage.... :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 01:42 PM 09-24-2012
I agree. CA is the only cigar forum for this guy.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 01:52 PM 09-24-2012
Let me get this straight, there is other sites & boards out there??? :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 01:53 PM 09-24-2012
Let me get this straight, there is other cigar sites & boards out there??? :-)

I'm sure glad I'm here... :-) :-)
[Reply]
Big Bert 02:03 PM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
Let me get this straight, there is other cigar sites & boards out there??? :-)

I'm sure glad I'm here... :-) :-)
:-) :-) CA rules!!!!!
[Reply]
ripper 11:14 AM 09-29-2012
Is not just that devilish site. From loiterng on other sites, they seem snide and rude. And misinformed -- so many idiots.
Glad to be among the brethren here at the Best Site.
[Reply]
PCR 07:24 PM 09-29-2012
This is the only place for me!
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 11:14 PM 09-29-2012
Agree with all the above, it's my favorite website on the intranet .
[Reply]
joeobx 10:59 AM 09-30-2012
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
Agree with all the above, it's my favorite website on the intranet .
+1
[Reply]
Up