Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar not "smoking"? Help?
REV 07:33 PM 09-20-2012
So, I work at a local cigar shop and love my job. On a few occasions tho I've gotten cigars that just refuse to smoke, and Im trying my damnedest to figure out why.

Right now, Im smoking a Partagas 1845 Spanish Rosado Gigante, it was punched originally but I cut it thinking it would help some, but no!

Here's whats been happening: Lightup I get plenty of smoke, but pulling on it results in very little smoke at all unless I pull on it rapidly. The cigar is smoking at the tip with a domed cherry, and will smoke profusely when blown thru, but IM not getting smoke. Almost like theres a hole in it some place.

What could be causing this one-way smoke?
[Reply]
Ogre 07:38 PM 09-20-2012
Sounds like they are wet. I have picked up a few from new boxes and have had the same experience.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:40 PM 09-20-2012
Tight roll, high humidity, sometimes cutting it opens it up more than punch.

Ah a 6x60, I've only smoked a few in that size but FWIW they never produce the kinda smoke you would think they do, at least for me.

Same with Churchills. Try a lonsdale, Corona Gorda, Robusto....anything 52 and under seems to produce the most smoke, at least that's what I have found.
[Reply]
REV 07:40 PM 09-20-2012
i was thinking they are over moist. its hard where i live to keep humidity low. In a place that can have 100% humidity and above at any time, with our front doors open Ive seen the humidors spike. These are realatively new smokes to the shop too, so maybe they just need more time to acclimate
[Reply]
area51 12:35 AM 09-21-2012
Just to echo what others have said, the moistsististy, and the roll could be the culprits. You should try taking a poker (Paper clip etc.) and loosing up the tobacco.
[Reply]
mfarre03 03:27 AM 09-21-2012
Whenever I have a problem like that, I roll the cigar pretty harshly btw my fingers. There usually are a few spots that are very tight and rolling them seems to usually loosen them up. Good luck!
[Reply]
Up