Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>On the last straw with my humidors
bobarian 04:50 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
Beads are The Way.

:-)
I find it humorous how many people just read past this statement. If you look back several years over the threads about humidification problems it seems that they decide to try beads as a last resort not a first.

Gel is not BEADS
Boveda is not BEADS
Kitty litter is not BEADS
PG is not BEADS
Sponge with water is not BEADS

Got it?????

Invest a few dollers in REAL BEADS. Either Michael's(cigarnut) or HeartfeltIndustries.com, both are effective and easy to use. Most of us prefer a little lower Rh so we use 65% but many also use 70%. :-)
[Reply]
lenguamor 07:15 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I find it humorous how many people just read past this statement. If you look back several years over the threads about humidification problems it seems that they decide to try beads as a last resort not a first.

Gel is not BEADS
Boveda is not BEADS
PG is not BEADS

Got it?????

Invest a few dollers in REAL BEADS. Either Michael's(cigarnut) or HeartfeltIndustries.com, both are effective and easy to use. Most of us prefer a little lower Rh so we use 65% but many also use 70%. :-)
:-) Couldn't be truer.
[Reply]
Catfishbluezz 08:03 PM 09-25-2012
Yup....the more the merrier. I do like having the Boveda 69 packs for aging boxes, but otherwise beads all day. I actually dumped the gel out of the old jars and put beads in them. You can also take tubos, poke hundreds of holes in them with a small pin or tack, and 4-5 Avo 2 tubos will take 1/2lb. Good reason to grab some Avo too :-)
[Reply]
Justinphilly 08:19 PM 09-25-2012

Gel is not BEADS
Boveda is not BEADS
PG is not BEADS

Got it?????

I didn't quite get that.. Could you speak up? :-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 10:41 PM 09-27-2012
Do you guys feel this will suffice for a 50ct humidor?

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/p...?prod=HT_05_65
[Reply]
bobarian 10:48 PM 09-27-2012
Yes, unless it is bigger than 270cu in. Inside dimensions. :-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 01:58 PM 09-28-2012
Yes, unless it is bigger than 270cu in. Inside dimensions. :-)
Thanks. I was too lazy to consider math.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 04:33 PM 09-28-2012
Well I jumped the gun and bought a couple small ones but my humis seem to measure about 255ci and 265ci so I think I'm going to cancel the order and get the medium ones. Doesn't hurt to have extra.

No answer, so hopefully they get the email or voicemail in time to cancel so I can place a new order.
[Reply]
lenguamor 05:51 PM 09-28-2012
Originally Posted by Sonic04GT:
Well I jumped the gun and bought a couple small ones but my humis seem to measure about 255ci and 265ci so I think I'm going to cancel the order and get the medium ones. Doesn't hurt to have extra.

No answer, so hopefully they get the email or voicemail in time to cancel so I can place a new order.
Good move. There's no such thing as "too many beads..." unless they are crowding out your cigars!
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 11:54 AM 09-30-2012
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
Good move. There's no such thing as "too many beads..." unless they are crowding out your cigars!
I placed a new order for two Medium tubes and they cancelled my initial :-)

Looks like they already shipped, or at least created a label. So we'll see how they do next week. :-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 10:05 PM 10-01-2012
Order went through around 11pm Friday night. I'm in FL, and received them today (Monday) from Nevada, with standard shipping. Outstanding.
[Reply]
mfarre03 12:14 AM 10-02-2012
Your humi's were fine because the humidity in the house was high so it didn't really matter that your humidor's were leaking a bit. Now that the humidity outside has dropped so has your humi's.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 12:58 PM 10-02-2012
I believe my prayers may have been answered.

[Reply]
Sonic04GT 04:06 PM 10-02-2012
Even better, checked 5 minutes ago and they're both reading 65%. Sounds like my humidors may have no longer liked my Drymistat tubes?

Thanks for everyones' input. We'll see how long the humidors cooperate, but as of now, I'm a happy camper.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up