Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Shipping cigars to UK to a friend
Shybearhouston 02:07 PM 09-10-2012
I have a friend in the UK who would like me to buy him some cigars here in the US that he cannot get in the UK. I am willing to do that but just want to be clear on how I get them sent to him. Will USPS allow me to ship that package to him? do I declare what the contents are? the B&M where I will get them does NOT do shipping to anywhere, so they can't help me. Tried to search CA here but did not find anything recent. Last posting was in 2010 and not sure if it is still valid or not. thanks for any info. Mitch
[Reply]
pektel 02:18 PM 09-10-2012
It's not illegal to send cigars to the UK. Your friend legally has to pay duties on them. I believe they charge by weight, not by number of sticks.

If you are asking how to skirt around the issue of paying duties, and listing something else on the contents declaration, then I cannot help.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:29 PM 09-10-2012
List them as cigars and put a value of $1-2 each. USPS I find easier than UPS or FedEX, but any service will do. Make sure they are well wrapped and sealed.
[Reply]
CigarNut 03:11 PM 09-10-2012
You could also declare that they are a gift.
[Reply]
pedro 03:37 PM 09-10-2012
Yip cigars are not illegal in the UK they just make you pay through the nose in tax for the privilege but the 12-20 dollar handling fee for charging you is the icing on the cake
[Reply]
Shybearhouston 01:22 PM 09-18-2012
Thanks. I am not asking for ways to skirt any legal requirements or issues. Just is it possible and is there a way to do it (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.) thanks for the responses.
[Reply]
shilala 02:11 PM 09-18-2012
You can simply send them by USPS and list them as a $10.00 gift on the customs declaration. You can print everything out at home by going to usps.com and ship the package by putting it in your mailbox. Very simple.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:12 PM 09-18-2012
Welcome to Cigar Asylum! :-)
[Reply]
Catfishbluezz 12:32 AM 09-25-2012
I've listed them as "candles" in the past and hobby supplies worth $20. Canadian brothers needed some help lol
[Reply]
Up