Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 138
« First < 234 561454104 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
taltos 06:57 AM 01-01-2009
Originally Posted by jbonnefsc:
Lately, some of the cigars I've smoked from my humidor have tunneled. What I mean is that the wrapper is burning slower than the filler and binder. What could cause this? The cigars have been different brands abd sizes. My humidty and temprature has been at 66 percent and 72 degrees. My humi is well stocked, a nearly full 50 count. Help me!
Posted via Mobile Device
If they were all the same brand and from the same box it could just be the luck of the draw. I remember some Onyx Vintage cigars that had asbestos wrappers. As I recall, one of the new Habana (2000?) wrappers had a burn problem at one time. Just my :-), hope it helps.
[Reply]
JJG 11:55 AM 01-16-2009
I hear you guys mention MRN a lot and from context I am assuming this is an information resource of some kind, most likely a website. So what is MRN short for?

thanks, :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:59 AM 01-16-2009
Here it is
http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=248
[Reply]
ahc4353 12:02 PM 01-16-2009
Why is a cigar "capped"? Why bother?
[Reply]
Snake Hips 08:42 PM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Why is a cigar "capped"? Why bother?
So the cigar doesn't unravel. They have to keep the wrapper on somehow :-)
[Reply]
Bruzee 10:31 PM 01-16-2009
******QUESTION******

When storing whole boxes of cigars in a Vinotemp, do you leave the box lid completely open? Do you let the box sit closed? Or do you slightly prop open the lid to allow some air movement? Or does it not really matter?

Thanks in advance! :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:32 PM 01-17-2009
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
******QUESTION******

When storing whole boxes of cigars in a Vinotemp, do you leave the box lid completely open? Do you let the box sit closed? Or do you slightly prop open the lid to allow some air movement? Or does it not really matter?

It doesn't really matter but I store everything closed.
[Reply]
shilala 01:17 PM 01-17-2009
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
******QUESTION******

It depends if they suck or not.
If they're good, I keep cigars all closed up so they'll not change quickly.
If they suck, I open them up a bit to dry them out and get the sick out of them.
I don't "age" anything, because I just smoke them and share them.
I just work to get them smokable, that's all. They get old all by themselves. :-)
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 02:21 PM 01-17-2009
Why are Robustos usually cheaper than other smaller sizes?
[Reply]
md4958 02:43 PM 01-17-2009
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel:
when you say "other smaller sizes" do you mean a lancero for example?
[Reply]
shilala 02:55 PM 01-17-2009
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel:
I believe it's because they're easier to make. They roll one cigar, finish both ends and cut it in half.
I could be totally wrong, but that's my impression.
You couldn't do that with a lancero because your hands wouldn't be able to manage the length.
Should be able to do it with a pc, so although it was a good idea, it may not make much sense.
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 05:03 PM 01-17-2009
**Question**
What does the term "Long finish" mean in the context of a review?
[Reply]
Snake Hips 05:39 PM 01-17-2009
Originally Posted by SmoknTaz:
**Question**
What does the term "Long finish" mean in the context of a review?
I believe it refers to when you get the taste longer after you exhale the puff, as opposed to directly after. After you exhale, you get most of the taste IME, but it goes away in seconds. Some cigars you can taste for a while longer. But that's my take - this may (and probably will) vary person to person.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 05:56 PM 01-17-2009
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
I believe it refers to when you get the taste longer after you exhale the puff, as opposed to directly after. After you exhale, you get most of the taste IME, but it goes away in seconds. Some cigars you can taste for a while longer. But that's my take - this may (and probably will) vary person to person.
The above just about hits it on the head, however, with smoking a cigar or whatever, the length of the finish usually refers to how long the aftertaste of the tobacco and other nuances remain with you, after the smoke has ended. An example would be that, after smoking a mild cigar, such as a Gispert, the after taste may remain with you for 15, 30, maybe even 45 minutes, however, after smoking a truly full bodied cigar, such as an Opus-X, the after taste may actually be with you for several hours, and in some cases even longer!
[Reply]
Whee 05:56 PM 01-17-2009

I agree. To me the finish is the aftertaste of the cigar. I usually notice it when i am finished smoking. Some cigars, the taste goes away shortly after finishing and others, I can still taste the next morning. (and that's not always a good thing.)
[Reply]
Snake Hips 06:01 PM 01-17-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
I agree. To me the finish is the aftertaste of the cigar. I usually notice it when i am finished smoking. Some cigars, the taste goes away shortly after finishing and others, I can still taste the next morning. (and that's not always a good thing.)
Haha, I know what you mean. Look out for the morning funk...
[Reply]
Whee 06:58 PM 01-17-2009
I had a bargain label brand (can't remember now what it was) that even after I had shrimp with a little cayenne pepper, zesty cocktail sauce and steak with onions....I could STILL taste the damn thing.
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 08:15 PM 01-17-2009
Thanks guys for shedding some light on this. :-)
[Reply]
Geppetto 06:05 PM 01-27-2009
Been on my list for years - Do you leave the cello on the sticks or not when storing? To me it never made a difference...
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 06:15 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Geppetto:
Been on my list for years - Do you leave the cello on the sticks or not when storing? To me it never made a difference...
its just a personal preference if you want them on of off.but some like to have the cello on so the sticks wont get damaged while handling.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 138
« First < 234 561454104 > Last »
Up