Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Ybor City Recommendations?
BlackDog 01:02 PM 03-21-2021
Hey guys, I’m near Tampa on vacation, and want to check out Ybor City. I know Tampa Sweethearts is there. What else can you recommend? I appreciate your help!
[Reply]
CigarNut 03:08 PM 03-21-2021
I like:

- Tabanero Cigars: 1605 E 7th
- King Corona Cigars: 1523 E 7th
- Tampa Sweethearts: 1603 E 6th

You can park near any one of these and walk to all of them. I usually park on a side street near Tabanero and walk from there. Most of the streets are one-way, so keep that in mind :-)

Tabanero has a small lounge and a rolling area up front and you can watch them from inside or out — they have several tables outside as well as inside. Tabanero used to give you a free Cuban coffee if you purchased some cigars — this was prepandemic, so I’m not sure now.

King Corona also has a nice large lounge and small food menu.

Tampa Sweethearts is more like a traditional cigar store with a (very) small smoking area.

Also, a bit longer walk is Columbia Restaurant (2117 E 7th) — they have really great food, and you can purchase their (high-priced) cigars in their gift shop. I believe the cigars are Nicaraguan, and they are pretty good.

I have not been to any of them since the pandemic, so be sure to call first.

If we were not in the midst of this sh!t, I’d meet you down there — I love Ybor City.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 11:48 PM 03-21-2021
Michael is wise.
Be sure to get "The Famous Salad" with your meal at the Columbia.
I advise going during the day. It's safer.

Enjoy Florida!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:11 AM 03-22-2021
I third Michael's recommendations.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:01 AM 03-22-2021
I go to Ybor City every December and was just there a few months ago. I love it.

1. Tabanero for sure
2. King Corona definitely
3. Forget Tampa Sweethearts. They are afraid of COVID and won't let the public enter. You have to purchase online and they bring stuff out to you :-)
4. Tampa Brewing Co. right in the middle of Centro Ybor has great draft beer and awesome food.

If you want a fancy place to check out, go to Davidoff. It's just outside Ybor. It's pricier, but they have top shelf spirits.
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:24 AM 03-22-2021
Thank you guys, heading there today. I appreciate your help! :-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:51 PM 03-22-2021
I hope you’re having fun wandering around Ybor. One small warning : The only time I ever got got tobacco beetles was in some singles I bought there. Freeze ‘em before they get near your stash.
[Reply]
357 12:24 PM 01-05-2022
I am in Florida for the winter. I very much would like to make it to Ybor City. If I don't before I head north in March, I will in December 2022 for sure.
[Reply]
sigsauer 04:19 PM 01-05-2022
man I am jealous
[Reply]
Up